Hacking [RELEASE] vitaHexenII - Hexen II port for PSVITA

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chances for the entire Hexen series to be ported?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can this be played without playing the others?

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a link to the data 1 folder ? i want to give this a go ! I have everything else on my vita except the desired data 1 folder
nope. maybe you can ask someone to give it to you.
i plan on buying the game because i can't find any data1 folder

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody figured out how to get the music working? I want to play this one so bad, but I want the music in there to complete it.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the music to work. I am using the latest version 1.1.

I tried ogg and mp3. I tried Casa1.ogg style filenames and track02.ogg style. I even re-encoded the files and converted them myself between ogg and mp3 using Audacity. Nothing worked.

Has anybody gotten the music to play?

I noticed I get a loud, short "static" sound when booting up the game. Maybe that is the music player crashing in the background? Everything else works perfect, just no music.

Last edited by rsn8887,

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the music to work. I am using the latest version 1.1.

I tried ogg and mp3. I tried Casa1.ogg style filenames and track02.ogg style. I even re-encoded the files and converted them myself between ogg and mp3 using Audacity. Nothing worked.

Has anybody gotten the music to play?

I noticed I get a loud, short "static" sound when booting up the game. Maybe that is the music player crashing in the background? Everything else works perfect, just no music.

Did anyone ever manage to get music working?

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I love this game, remember playing it on pc on release and I figured hot to translate to my language, cassic!

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions.
At the bottom when I load this it says '1.12' yet I swear I installed the 2.0 version with the hardware acceleration.

I put the data1 folder where it goes in data\hexenII\ and copied and overwrote the portals folder with the retail one.
I made a \cdtracks folder and put the .mid files there.

When loading, I seem to be starting in 'Eldolon's lair,' and there is no music.
I am guessing there is no music because it is part of the expansion and is calling for it's own level's audio track rather than the original 16.
Or I just have no music like apparently everyone else.
But more concerning, I believe the first level of Hexen 2 should be 'Black Marsh' not 'Eldolon's lair.'

I tried renaming the portals folder to _portals and the game no longer would boot, so I recopied the portals folder that vitahexen2 and it boots again but into what appears to be a demo room.

Can someone please help me get it to play the original game from black marsh (preferably with music)?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have a few questions.
At the bottom when I load this it says '1.12' yet I swear I installed the 2.0 version with the hardware acceleration.

I put the data1 folder where it goes in data\hexenII\ and copied and overwrote the portals folder with the retail one.
I made a \cdtracks folder and put the .mid files there.

When loading, I seem to be starting in 'Eldolon's lair,' and there is no music.
I am guessing there is no music because it is part of the expansion and is calling for it's own level's audio track rather than the original 16.
Or I just have no music like apparently everyone else.
But more concerning, I believe the first level of Hexen 2 should be 'Black Marsh' not 'Eldolon's lair.'

I tried renaming the portals folder to _portals and the game no longer would boot, so I recopied the portals folder that vitahexen2 and it boots again but into what appears to be a demo room.

Can someone please help me get it to play the original game from black marsh (preferably with music)?

Old Missions is for the base game.
The version (1.12) is related to the engine, not vitaHexenII versioning.

g8ybdkmps

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Old Missions is for the base game.
The version (1.12) is related to the engine, not vitaHexenII versioning.
hey, i know you havent been on the 3ds scene for a while, but can you convert the download for ctrwolfen to zip instead of rar? I cant open it because I don't have enough space to download a rar opener. Also precompile your files. Im using a chool computer and my school doesnt let me use terminal

D

Deleted User

https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46740&start=60

A new release for vitaHexenII is available, reaching v.2.3.

Changelog:
- Drastic performance boost thanks to ARM NEON usage and vitaGL fixes.
- Added Anaglyph 3D support (red-cyan glasses only).
- Added support for custom crosshairs. (See below).
- Disabled FPU exceptions traps (Will make app less incline to crashes).
- vitaHexenII version will now be shown on main menu background.

Custom Crosshair:
Starting with vitaHexenII v.2.3, it will be possible to use a completely custom crosshair with the game.
To do so, you should create a file named xhair.bin and place it in ux0:data/Hexen II/GAMEFOLDER folder (GAMEFOLDER will be data1 for main Hexen II for example).
This file must contains 64 bytes that will define the 8x8 crosshair glyph. A byte set at 0xFE will mean a visible pixel. A byte set at 0xFF will mean an invisible pixel.
The custom crosshair usage can be enabled in Options menu. If no xhair.bin is provided, when Custom crosshair will be set, QuakeWorld crosshair2 will be used.
You can also alter crosshair color by setting these three values in config.cfg:
crosshaircolor_r, crosshaircolor_g, crosshaircolor_b.
By default these three values are set at 255, 255, 0.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bump
Maybe very late, thank you Rinnegatamante for this one :)

I have the same problem, music not working. Try mp3 and ogg. Also found no option to change mp3 to midi ? I had also use my music ogg files from the Wii port, so it must work, but it will not work. Also rename the tracks, also not work. Downsample music, download from many different sites the music, create many music folders, nothing help.

I had fix the problem with the PSP port and Adrenalin, its lower quality and loading times need longer, but the midi music will work. It also has some graphic bugs the blood color is incorrect etc.. But mostly playable.

Please come back and Fix it. And also Fix your Exhumed Port music please, I will test it.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Found a full data pack on the internet and music is working. It will work, but dont know what to do, its ogg. For me problem Fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea