ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

D

Deleted User

upload_2017-11-5_8-0-26.png

Could you give me a screenshot. And please go to C:\Users\[user]\Villain3DS and check if the file make_cdn_cia(.exe) is there and is 0kB or not, and try to delete this file then restart the application. And then click View/Developer Tools (at your "Download Overview" window) and check if there is any error in console tab.

I did everything you said but no matter how many times I redownload the cdn and restart it is never 0 kb and something always goes wrong.

Reactions: tranxuanthang

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 104870

I did everything you said but no matter how many times I redownload the cdn and restart it is never 0 kb and something always goes wrong.
Sorry for your bad experience when using this app. Make_cdn_cia not having 0kB is normal. But somehow make_cdn_cia can't be executed from your app. I rechecked my app by deleting app's appData and configs, downloading the newest 0.0.6 version from internet, run it, then download 2048 USA. But I still can't reproduce your problem.

First let's try running the command manually by: copy the command at the bottom right of your screenshot, press Winkey+R, type cmd then press enter, then run it manually with command line. Then tell me if it works or not.

Then at the top of the window, click "View". In the dropdown menu, click Toggle Developer Tools then show me the console log. Doing this won't fix your error, but this might help me find out what was go wrong.

This picture may help you:
rs3qSVi.png

Last edited by tranxuanthang,
D

Deleted User

Sorry for your bad experience when using this app. Make_cdn_cia not having 0kB is normal. But somehow make_cdn_cia can't be executed from your app. I rechecked my app by deleting app's appData and configs, downloading the newest 0.0.6 version from internet, run it, then download 2048 USA. But I still can't reproduce your problem.

First let's try running the command manually by: copy the command at the bottom right of your screenshot, press Winkey+R, type cmd then press enter, then run it manually with command line. Then tell me if it works or not.

Then at the top of the window, click "View". In the dropdown menu, click Toggle Developer Tools then show me the console log. Doing this won't fix your error, but this might help me find out what was go wrong.

This picture may help you:
rs3qSVi.png

I ran the command. It failed. Screenshot:
upload_2017-11-5_13-9-28.png

Also:
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:384 0004000000139000 d8d03559ff1b5cb360024bbdff56259b
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:470 Started downloading make_cdn_cia for this OS.
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:61 Finished downloading make_cdn_cia for this OS.
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:144 cid 00000000 size: 3264512
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:144 cid 00000001 size: 40960
2C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 NaN
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:75 Local file size: 40960, True file size: 40960
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 36
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 26
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 25
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 23
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 19
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 17
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 18
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 15
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 16
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 20
2C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 12
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 11
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 13
2C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 12
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 10
3C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 9
3C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 8
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 9
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 7
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 6
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 7
4C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 6
6C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 5
3C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 4
3C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 3
5C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 2
4C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 1
5C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:344 0
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:75 Local file size: 3264512, True file size: 3264512
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:364 true
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:118 C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Villain3DS\make_cdn_cia.exe "C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Villain3DS\raw\0004000000139000" "C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Villain3DS\cias\0004000000139000.cia"
C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\Downloads\Villain3DS-win32-ia32\resources\app.asar\renderer-download.js:119

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It also appears that I don't have the ctr toolkit. Where do I get that from?

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-5_13-10-35.png
    upload_2017-11-5_13-10-35.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 250

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I ran the command. It failed.
It also appears that I don't have the ctr toolkit. Where do I get that from?

You forgot the (") in your command launch.

Try by doing this "C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\(...)" and retry.

Last edited by sp3off, , Reason: ERROR 101 : Too much "Retry" in a sentence.
D

Deleted User

You forgot the (") in your command launch.

Retry by doing this "C:\Users\Jonathan Moore\(...)" and retry.

Okay I got the cia to generate. Does it matter than the file wasn't renamed? Will this affect it when i install the game?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I removed all spaces in my folder where i put Villain3DS and the problem was gone :)

Example:
Before:

-> d:\3DS\PC FreeShop\Villain3DS\ -> would not create CIA

After:
-> d:\3DS\PCFreeShop\Villain3DS\ -> create cia and rename without a problem

--------------------

But there's another problem: Not really a big one, but it's annoying more when you try to close the window:

Villain3_DS02.png
Villain3_DS01.png

Last edited by DjoeN,
D

Deleted User

It only works manually though. The app is still not working unfortunately. Thanks for the help. All of you.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It only works manually though. The app is still not working unfortunately. Thanks for the help. All of you.
Try what i did, or move it to a simple folder without spaces, like:

d:\3DS\Villain3DS\

Inside Villain3DS, click on the radarwheel in the right and set your folder to: d:\3DS\Villain3DS\ and save, it should work fine now

@tranxuanthang
Is it possible to add a way to sort by system ?
Like:
Sort by | Name| Recently | Popular | System -> (pullDown Submenu: 3DS / DLC / Updates / Snes VC / GB VC / GBC VC / NES VC / DSiWare / 3DSWare)

[EDIT]

Looks like it can't be that way, more possible way that could work:
Sort by | Name| Recently | Popular | System -> (pullDown Submenu: eShop / DLC / Updates / DSiWare)
(You can see in the game list only eShop / dsiw / update / dlc, going from that point)

Last edited by DjoeN,
D

Deleted User

Try what i did, or move it to a simple folder without spaces, like:

d:\3DS\Villain3DS\

Inside Villain3DS, click on the radarwheel in the right and set your folder to: d:\3DS\Villain3DS\ and save, it should work fine now

@tranxuanthang
Is it possible to add a way to sort by system ?
Like:
Sort by | Name| Recently | Popular | System -> (pullDown Submenu: 3DS / DLC / Updates / Snes VC / GB VC / GBC VC / NES VC / DSiWare / 3DSWare)

[EDIT]

Looks like it can't be that way, more possible way that could work:
Sort by | Name| Recently | Popular | System -> (pullDown Submenu: eShop / DLC / Updates / DSiWare)
(You can see in the game list only eShop / dsiw / update / dlc, going from that point)

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm!

D

Deleted User

Maybe you should code it to where it has less spaces so that this problem doesn't happen to anyone else. Just an idea.

DEEP_STEEL

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I removed all spaces in my folder where i put Villain3DS and the problem was gone :)

Example:
Before:

-> d:\3DS\PC FreeShop\Villain3DS\ -> would not create CIA

After:
-> d:\3DS\PCFreeShop\Villain3DS\ -> create cia and rename without a problem

--------------------

i've also had the same problem as @Leafgreen26 but now all sorted out....

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry and thanks @Leafgreen26 and everyone else here for reporting the bug and finding out what's wrong. A new update will be out soon to fix this bug (and @DjoeN's "Unfinished download" problem, hopefully). Sorting by types (eshop/dsiw/update/dlc/...) is possible but it will take some time (the hard part is when you want to choose multiple types to show up) so I'll do it later when I have more time.

Update: v0.0.7 is out. Download here
Tip: You can check for new updates by going to "about" section inside the application.
Maybe you should code it to where it has less spaces so that this problem doesn't happen to anyone else. Just an idea.
After this update we can freely use/have spaces in base directories path, then this should not be a problem anymore so don't worry.

D

Deleted User

No prob bob. Always happy to help. Thanks for being active and helpful though. A lot of developers just throw something out there and never try to improve upon it even when there is interest. To be clear, I am not talking about the developer just not having enough time to do it because if life or just doing something for practice,etc. I think you all know what I mean. Thanks again!

D

Deleted User

One more question. How do I get this to download with IDM if I had previously selected another option. Deleting and redownloading doesn't work.

Nevermind. Ignore that last question. It only does this for big downloads

Vandes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'd like to point out a couple of things.

1) In google drive, the .7z file for version 0.0.7 win64 actually contains another .7z file for win32, is that intended or is it an error?

2) See attached screenshot.
The file in the program's window is downloading at 990KB/s (or 0.9MB/s). However, as seen in the task manager on the right, the application is using my full bandwidth of 17-18Mbps (around 2MB/s), and only writing on disk at the same 0.9MB/s of the download. What's it using the remaining bandwidth for? My download should be much faster.

EDIT: I think there's something wrong with the speed/filesize calculation, because soon after my post the percentage jumped to over 90% and the filesize started displaying "2.7 out of 2.5 GB". It was probably downloading at full bandwidth since the beginning, only displaying it wrong?

Attachments

• Untitled-4.png
    Untitled-4.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by Vandes,

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to point out a couple of things.

1) In google drive, the .7z file for version 0.0.7 win64 actually contains another .7z file for win32, is that intended or is it an error?

2) See attached screenshot.
The file in the program's window is downloading at 990KB/s (or 0.9MB/s). However, as seen in the task manager on the right, the application is using my full bandwidth of 17-18Mbps (around 2MB/s), and only writing on disk at the same 0.9MB/s of the download. What's it using the remaining bandwidth for? My download should be much faster.

EDIT: I think there's something wrong with the speed/filesize calculation, because soon after my post the percentage jumped to over 90% and the filesize started displaying "2.7 out of 2.5 GB". It was probably downloading at full bandwidth since the beginning, only displaying it wrong?
You're right, when I uploaded this update it was about 5-6AM, and I was still too sleepy so I might have 7z-ed the wrong directory. I'll reupload it now (32bit and 64bit version still have little to zero difference anyways, and 32bit package is a bit smaller).
About the speed calculation, I'll recheck it later. It could be wrong but in the picture it seemed match the disk usage.

One more question. How do I get this to download with IDM if I had previously selected another option. Deleting and redownloading doesn't work.

Nevermind. Ignore that last question. It only does this for big downloads
Also the IDM.exe default path is still hard coded for now because when this feature was made there's no config section yet. If someone installs IDM at D:\ then it will be very inconvenience so I'll add the option to change this some day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: