ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I continuously retry to downlaod the corrupted content it eventually works. Strange bug.
I'm trying to get it detect if the downloaded file has matched size with the original or not. But sometime two sizes are matched but it's still return that it's corrupted, it's like the checking corrupt process executes a bit sooner than expected, a little before the file is fully downloaded. But I think I've just fixed that so not worry.

Reactions: Joom

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uploaded version 0.0.4.
Now the download progress's update is slowed down to 200ms to reduce CPU usage, added "speed" and "remaining time" calculation. The app now can detect broken/corrupt content files after finished downloading. Fixed titles with japanese characters can't build into cias (hopefully), by creating the cia with name: [titleid].cia with make_cdn_cia, then rename it to [title name] - [region] ([titleid]).cia later.
Hopefully it will work on macos without any issues.
Screenshots here:

if im not mistaken decTitleKeys.bin (somebody please correct me if im wrong) can be used to download games. These games are automatically cryptofixed.

Ciangels has this kind of feature wherein you simply place the titleid and dectitlekey of the game inside an input.txt and run the app then you can download the game stated inside the .txt.

sometimes I use ciaangel to download games that are leaked but not yet found on freeshop.

Both the encytitlekey and dectitlekeys are found on that titlekeywebsite
Can unrelease/leaked game really be downloaded from nin's cdn? I'll look into it more later.
Anyway, Bitdefender will alert a false positive if it is not disabled.
I forgot to ask, but when does bitdefender alert a false positive?

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

sthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I forgot to ask, but when does bitdefender alert a false positive?

I downloaded your 0.0.2 version yesterday then i had to disable Bitdefender because it gives me error right after downloading the files with built-in file downloader.
so I should make exclusion for it.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded your 0.0.2 version yesterday then i had to disable Bitdefender because it gives me error right after downloading the files with built-in file downloader.
so I should make exclusion for it.
Is it happen after 'all' files is downloaded and just right before make_cdn_cia run? The application run make_cdn_cia remotely as a child process so it could be considered an unusual behavior by AV.
And defender built into windows 10 does it job very well now so if you like you can try it.

sthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it happen after 'all' files is downloaded and just right before make_cdn_cia run? The application run make_cdn_cia remotely as a child process so it could be considered an unusual behavior by AV.
And defender built into windows 10 does it job very well now so if you like you can try it.

I have solved the problem by making exclusion.

May I suggest you make a region filtering? so if people want to download USA game, then just click the USA tab, etc.

Btw great app. thank you

Reactions: tranxuanthang

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You might want to add downloading with aria2 as an option, as it supports downloading with multiple connections like IDM does.
I'm finding information about this. Find out that uGet is actually a GUI for aria2 on linux, but on windows to add downloading with aria2 we must run it as command line right? Seems like there's no GUI for windows other than some webUI.
I have solved the problem by making exclusion.

May I suggest you make a region filtering? so if people want to download USA game, then just click the USA tab, etc.

Btw great app. thank you
any chance we might be able to set the download and raw directories?

I'm running it off a secondary drive and I'd rather it didn't dump everything on my small main SSD
I'm working on region filtering and custom base directory features. It's not so complicated so new update will be out very soon :yay3ds:

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm finding information about this. Find out that uGet is actually a GUI for aria2 on linux, but on windows to add downloading with aria2 we must run it as command line right? Seems like there's no GUI for windows other than some webUI.

I'm working on region filtering and custom base directory features. It's not so complicated so new update will be out very soon :yay3ds:
aria2 supports a JSON RPC interface, so you can detect when stuff is downloading, and to send commands to start or stop downloading. https://aria2.github.io/manual/en/html/aria2c.html#rpc-interface

Also, I'm working on a tool where you input the path(s) to cia/cci/3ds, the bootrom, path to SD root or "Nintendo 3DS" folder, path to place tickets into, and movable.sed; all to install content to SD card. Most of the advantages of 3DS format (transfer and play), but few of the disadvantages of CIA format (takes two times the space; you have to wait for 3DS to decrypt with the titlekey, encrypt with movable.sed, and write the encrypted contents to the SD card), or freeShop (it may be unstable; wireless speed is slow, and UHS-1 speeds are not supported on 3DS).

Last edited by uyjulian,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if im not mistaken decTitleKeys.bin (somebody please correct me if im wrong) can be used to download games. These games are automatically cryptofixed.

Ciangels has this kind of feature wherein you simply place the titleid and dectitlekey of the game inside an input.txt and run the app then you can download the game stated inside the .txt.

sometimes I use ciaangel to download games that are leaked but not yet found on freeshop.

Both the encytitlekey and dectitlekeys are found on that titlekeywebsite
You are mistaken. DecTitleKeys can be used to pull down meta data about the game (name, size, content info, etc) and is used to verify that the key is actually correct and not made up. You can then use a 3DS to convert DecTitleKeys into EncTitleKeys which are used to actually download and decrypt the games from the eShop (but they're still crypto-locked). This is why the title key website only allows you to submit new games in DecTitleKey form, because they check that the key is valid by trying to pull meta data about the title and then if it works, they convert it to EncTitleKey and add it to the database.

Cypto-fixing is a completely separate process that uses the SeedDB file to decrypt the title using the Seed from the servers if it has one.

CIAngel can accept a DecTitleKey because it's database file "wings.json" contains both DecTitleKeys and EncTitleKeys so when you put in the DecTitleKey it just cross-references it to find the entry and then uses the encTitleKey to actually download and install the game.

The reason you can get things from CIAngel sooner is that Freeshop has a cache file that's only updated 3x a week. You could just as easily install one of these games that are not yet on FreeShop by using their QR code from the title key website with FBI.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
aria2 supports a JSON RPC interface, so you can detect when stuff is downloading, and to send commands to start or stop downloading. https://aria2.github.io/manual/en/html/aria2c.html#rpc-interface

Also, I'm working on a tool where you input the path(s) to cia/cci/3ds, the bootrom, path to SD root or "Nintendo 3DS" folder, path to place tickets into, and movable.sed; all to install content to SD card. Most of the advantages of 3DS format (transfer and play), but few of the disadvantages of CIA format (takes two times the space; you have to wait for 3DS to decrypt with the titlekey, encrypt with movable.sed, and write the encrypted contents to the SD card), or freeShop (it may be unstable; wireless speed is slow, and UHS-1 speeds are not supported on 3DS).
If this is possible then it will be a most awesome tool ever. Some days ago I tried fuse-3ds with my sd card but couldn't get it to work on my windows. It's like because I have both python2 and python3 installed.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's like because I have both python2 and python3 installed.
Shouldn't matter. You just need to specify the version to use. Like if you need to use 2.7 you'd use 'python27 script.py' (it may just be python2 on Windows). If you issue just 'python' it'll default to the latest version installed.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't matter. You just need to specify the version to use. Like if you need to use 2.7 you'd use 'python27 script.py' (it may just be python2 on Windows). If you issue just 'python' it'll default to the latest version installed.
I'll try again soon. But the hard parts are: a fork of fusepy, pycryptodomex, and WinFsp things. Sound complicated.
Btw version 0.0.5 is out with some beloved new features :yay3ds:
Ver 0.0.5:

* Hopefully the wrong warning "somehow corrupted" bug after downloading is fixed for good (unless the file is truly corrupted). However if you encounter wrong warning "probably corrupted" bug after finished downloading with external download manager like IDM, it might haven't been fixed yet.
* Added a simple region filtering (go to config section). @sthetix
* Added custom base directory feature (go to config section). You might want to clean the previous [homedir]/Villain3DS directory after modifying this. @inkdragon
* Changed config (and "etkCache") save location to 'userData' directory, so when you changed the custom base directory no saved config is lost.
* The package archives are much smaller than 0.0.4 version (<40MB). For some unknown reasons v0.0.4 archives are very large.
jQwLeQV.png

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try again soon. But the hard parts are: a fork of fusepy, pycryptodomex, and WinFsp things. Sound complicated.
Btw version 0.0.5 is out with some beloved new features :yay3ds:
Ver 0.0.5:

* Hopefully the wrong warning "somehow corrupted" bug after downloading is fixed for good (unless the file is truly corrupted). However if you encounter wrong warning "probably corrupted" bug after finished downloading with external download manager like IDM, it might haven't been fixed yet.
* Added a simple region filtering (go to config section). @sthetix
* Added custom base directory feature (go to config section). You might want to clean the previous [homedir]/Villain3DS directory after modifying this. @inkdragon
* Changed config (and "etkCache") save location to 'userData' directory, so when you changed the custom base directory no saved config is lost.
* The package archives are much smaller than 0.0.4 version (<40MB). For some unknown reasons v0.0.4 archives are very large.
jQwLeQV.png
Question, games that are ALL region, like Pokémon Sun & Moon, will they still show if only USA, EUR or JPN is selected? IE, if USA is selected will it show USA + ALL region titles?

D

Deleted User

For some reason I can't get the new version to work. The games download fine but it won't convert to cia.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason I can't get the new version to work. The games download fine but it won't convert to cia.
Could you give me a screenshot. And please go to C:\Users\[user]\Villain3DS and check if the file make_cdn_cia(.exe) is there and is 0kB or not, and try to delete this file then restart the application. And then click View/Developer Tools (at your "Download Overview" window) and check if there is any error in console tab.
I would like to request adding support for XDM - Xtreme Download Manager and or FDM - Free Download Manager.
I'll support more DM later. In the meanwhile you can go to "I'll download it myself" section and use the information to create a new task in your favourite download manager.

Reactions: hutiu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh