ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

pnghai

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes in the tab where you set your enctitlekeys.bin you can filter regions.
Yeah, before I never tested with any titles with the content parts more than 3. Some dlcs have this issue too. I'll fix this later.

Yes, I'll try but it will take some time.

Go to the config popup (cog icon) and change your prefer region to JPN or ALL, and you should see all the JPN titles.

I do change console region between JPN and ALL (and reset the app following your app's instructions for each case)
But when I search for the Monster Hunter title, there's some JPN region's titles still missing, though on freeshop, yet I can find it.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by pnghai,

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do change console region between JPN and ALL (and reset the app following your app's instructions for each case)
But when I search for the Monster Hunter title, there's some JPN region's titles still missing, though on freeshop, yet I can find it.

Thank you in advance
Ah, now I understand what you mean. If I'm right, freeShop changed all of its monster hunter JPN titles to english name, like 'MONSTER HUNTER XX'. In Villain3DS, their name still are japanese characters, so it'll be harder to find. MHXX is an exception (I changed its name), you can find it with something like 'monster hunter double cross', but not with 'monster hunter xx', because 'xx' word (or any word with <4 characters) is skipped.
I can change the name to English for MHX, MH3G, MH4G,... too, as long as people need it. This can be done at server-side so no version update is required.
If we try to find all monster hunter JPN titles with the japanese name like 'モンスターハンター' in search function, for some reason it will not work, so it's something that needs to be fixed too.

Reactions: pnghai

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is also possible that the enctitlekey hasn't been dumped by someone and thus not available on villain3ds, freeshop, ciangle or any of the cia downloading solutions.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
'llo here
I had some strange issue today.
So, i replaced the enctitlekeys.bin the last week bacause i couldn't download any game, and it solved my problem.
Today, not only the issue is back, but i can't fix it as, even if i replace the enctitlekeys.bin, once i ask for a download, Villain3DS overwrites it with a 23 ko file, and the download fails...

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
'llo here
I had some strange issue today.
So, i replaced the enctitlekeys.bin the last week bacause i couldn't download any game, and it solved my problem.
Today, not only the issue is back, but i can't fix it as, even if i replace the enctitlekeys.bin, once i ask for a download, Villain3DS overwrites it with a 23 ko file, and the download fails...
delete the enctitlekeys.bin file and start villain3ds, if it still doesn't work check your enctitlekeys.bin link.

Reactions: MockyLock

Antonio3214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
"Something bad happened when downloading tmd file (Error: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN ccs.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net:80)." ANY HELP?

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Something bad happened when downloading tmd file (Error: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN ccs.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net:80)." ANY HELP?
Looks like it's the problem of your internet connection. Or maybe eShop was maintaining when you attempted to download your title. After I googled it:
EAI_AGAIN is a DNS lookup timed out error, means it is a network connectivity error or proxy related error.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by tranxuanthang,

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This site can’t be reached

ccs.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
You should have got a 4,6kB tmd file. It's your connection problem, so either nintendo blocked you or your internet provider blocked all your connection to nintendo cdn server.
To be sure, you can try opening that URL with tor browser or VPN, proxy or something.

Antonio3214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You should have got a 4,6kB tmd file. It's your connection problem, so either nintendo blocked you or your internet provider blocked all your connection to nintendo cdn server.
To be sure, you can try opening that URL with tor browser or VPN, proxy or something.
i get the tmd file so what should i do know? i get it manually download from browser . can't get the tmd file when i download it from villain3ds. any help?

Last edited by Antonio3214,

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i get the tmd file so what should i do know? i get it manually download from browser . can't get the tmd file when i download it from villain3ds. any help?
The above tmd file is only for title 10 in 1: Arcade Collection and tmd is per-title files, I was just tell you download it only to diagnose the problem. You used VPN to download the tmd file right? You may need your whole PC connect through VPN for villain3DS to work. I'm not sure why your internet can't connect to nintendo server so for now it's all I can help you.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Check out my new version 0.1.1 (now on github's releases page)
https://github.com/tranxuanthang/villain3ds/releases/
Changelog:

• Now the app will aware if make_cdn_cia and enctitlekeys.bin have 0 byte in size.
  • (Mac) titlebarstyle: hidden-inset for download window (integrate the traffic light buttons into the download window).
  • (Linux/Mac) Automatically make make_cdn_cia executable for macOS and Linux users.
  • Now the downloader will only download 2 content parts in parallel at one time. This will reduce the 'request timed out' error when download titles with many content parts.
  • (Windows/Linux) New make_cdn_cia binary file for Windows and Linux (macOS soon) (compiled from YodaDaCoda's source). This new binary file helps generate dlc cia files without crashes. No output is shown after ran but I think it's fine (Issue #7).
  • Applied some fixes for 'invalid file path' error when resume downloading contents.
  • Added some useful actions in About section (delete old make_cdn_cia or enctitlekeys.bin file).
  • Now the app will not automatically delete raw directory after finished downloading anymore, but you can delete the raw directory with just 1-click to button.
  • Show the size of generated cia files after finished downloading.

Reactions: Joom and Bluespheal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: