[Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by tranxuanthang, Oct 30, 2017.

1. tranxuanthang
    OP

tranxuanthang GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    Huh, It crashed when? Is there any error dialog or it just magically disappeared?

2. Luteus

Luteus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Singapore
    It said that villain3ds stopped responding

3. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    It might be just Electron's fault. If you ever see the crash again please tell me.

And v0.1.0-alpha.0 is out now. It could be unstable and doesn't support IDM or external download manager yet.
    Changelog:
    Screenshot:

Last edited by tranxuanthang, Nov 19, 2017
    Final Fantasy Lover and VitorMG like this.
  4. VitorMG

VitorMG Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2013
    Brazil
    Thank you for this piece of software!
    It was really frustrating to download games in freEshop at 600 kpbs maximum. Now I'm getting my full speed bandwith with this.

Really appreciate it.

tranxuanthang likes this.
  5. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    I'm really glad you like it. You tried downloading games with the newest 'alpha' version right? If so try to install your generated cias then tell me if there are any problems.

VitorMG likes this.
  6. Vandes

Vandes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Italy
    I've been using the new downloader since minutes after you committed it and it solved my previous bandwidth problems.

7. ivanrm95

ivanrm95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2017
    Mexico
    I get Something bad happened when working with downloaded tmd file (TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined). How can i resolveit?

8. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    It is your issue posted on github right? I'll look into it tonight.
    Awesome. If you can, sometimes try to pause or close the app, disconnect the network,... then resume the downloads to see if it's reliable enough or not.

ivanrm95 and RY0M43CH1Z3N like this.
  9. ssjdeepanshu

ssjdeepanshu GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2016
    India
    Hey i am getting this error in most of the CIA's downloaded from Villain3DS and only few games work. The CIA get's installed but it will show this error when i start the game.
    I have tried all the Versions of Villain3DS But it is still the same....

Attached Files:

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Villain3DS doesn't download the seed for games. Go to the respective eShop page for each non-working title and it'll automatically import the seed. You don't have to reinstall the games or anything.

11. ssjdeepanshu

ssjdeepanshu GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2016
    India
    hey thanks this method worked!!

Joom likes this.
  12. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    I wonder, when we install a cia, won't the fbi automatically get the seed for us?

13. thom_tl

thom_tl GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Behind my desk.
    I think it does but most people don't have wifi enabled all the time so FBI can't download it.

14. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    That's what I'm thinking too, but I once tried to reinstall a cia (that suppose to require the seed) with wireless disabled and it still worked normally, so I'm really confused. Maybe it's because the cia was installed before.

thom_tl likes this.
  15. Thales720

Thales720 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Sonic Land
    this error appears to me when I install some dsiware:wink:

Attached Files:

16. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    Thank you for reporting the bug. In the (new) downloader code, the app will check if tmdFileSize < 4708 bytes, true it will throw that error. I used this to make sure the tmd files were not broken with that way. Maybe not every titles have tmd file size >= 4708. This will be fixed in the next release.

thom_tl and Thales720 like this.
  17. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    v0.1.0 (final) is out.

Joom and Thales720 like this.
  18. Luittz

Luittz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2017
    Brazil
    SOLVED!! Very simple :)

Download the encTitleKeys.bin from that website that has Encrypted title keys and paste it and replace in the Base Directory Path (Standard is C:\Users\Usuario\Villain3DS). Your file, like mine was, is probably empty and has 0Kb.

DONE!!!

19. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    Can't you just add support to free download managers like Free Download Manager and Xtreme Download Manager? There are tons of free download managers out there.

20. tranxuanthang
    OP

Jul 6, 2015
    There is some other reasons too:

The external DM support is a bit complicated to implement and the application will never know that DM is finished downloading or not, unless the user says it (click some button, like "I've downloaded it" button).
    It's hard to support all platform (windows, linux, mac) at once.
    And before I was integrating uGet for my app's linux version, but when uGet started downloading a file, it created a file with extract same name and size at the destination folder, so if I click "I've downloaded it" in my app, the app will think that the download is truly finished at continue to create the cia normally, and result in a broken cia. Also uGet command line is somehow unstable that I can't describe.
    And for me the new built-in downloader can already reach the maximium speed of my internet bandwidth so I think it will be fine.

I'll give the xtreme download manager a try (it supports all platform but seems a bit outdated, and no integration support for firefox quantum yet).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You're right. Now I can reproduce that bug too.
    [​IMG]
    It is because of an empty enctitlekeys.bin. But I think I can do something to prevent this from happening in the future.