Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for replying. I have another question: is there a way to fast forward?

Not at the moment and currently there are no plans for further improvements to Video Module in lpp-3ds.
Probably i'll release a little update for Video Channels Creator for 3D videos support. (It's already finished but i need to find some time to debug it).

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Video Channels Creator v.1.2
by Rinnegatamante

Description
Video Channels Creator is a *64Bit Windows-only (for now) PC program which will make you to create your own CIA videos easily and comfortable.
It supports any video format thanks to ffmpeg decoder and can handle correctly a large amount of videos.
Player is not tested on O3DS, it will probably have lower framerate, but on N3DS it runs pretty good with anime videos and similars (23-27 fps) and probably also with normal videos (30 fps).

How does it work?
Basically, Video Channels Creator will produce an homebrew running lpp-3ds core which will load a video encoded as JPGV video from romfs. This will allows to store the video inside the CIA file and so it allows users to have infinite custom videos on Home Menu.

Video Preview
A little video preview can be found here: http://rinnegatamante.it/custom_cia.mp4

Usage Instructions
1) Download the homebrew and extract it in a folder.
2) Open files folder and place here a video file named as video.mp4 (it can be also another format but it should be renamed as video.mp4).
3) (Optional) Replace icon.png, banner.png and audio.wav with your own files (Wav files must be 3 seconds or less).
4) Start build.bat script and follow screen instructions
5) Profit!

Credits
@ihaveamac for testing the homebrew during creation
@Steveice10 for bannertool
@Sgt. Lulz for banner and icon used for demo video
Everyone involved in ctrulib creation
Everyone involved in ffmpeg creation
Everyone involved in makerom and ctrtool creation
Everyone involved in 3dstool creation

Tips & Warnings
- Unique_ID allowed range is 0x0 to 0xFFFFFF.
- Cinema Mode will reduce battery usage (due to screen backlight power-off for bottom screen).
- Cinema Mode will slightly boost framerate (due to bottom screen rendering disabling).
- You found a bug or you have suggestions to improve the tool? Just make a reply to this thread explaining your report!

Download
http://rinnegatamante.it

*Unofficial Versions
Here you can find unofficial versions for other systems (based on v.1.1):
Mac version by @olizbu: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ideos-for-everyone.415708/page-7#post-6101330

32 Bit Windows version by @Februarysn0w: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/as3sksiov317ybp/AABxhBFfc0FWdpODJNxIiIs1a/VVC_stuff _for_Windowsx86.7z?dl=0
throw
is it possible to show a picture on both screen with this m8

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Version 1.3 released. A minor update that brings the so long requested 3D videos support and some minor bugfixes/additions.
3D videos must be separated in two videos (one for left channel and one for right channel).
In the future i'll probably add the possibility to directly encode side-to-side videos but for now, just split the videos in two separated videos and then use the tool to convert it to a CIA file.

Changelog:
Code:
- Bugfix in build_jpgv. Now if an error occurs, jpgv file will be always saved.
- Added 3D Videos support.
- Added possibility to set custom title and author to the CIA video.

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got Dual-Screen videos working (One video on top screen, the other on bottom screen), with only one problem. The sound on the bottom video loops on the first buffer, while the sound on the top or bottom video starts playing (only on startup) after a couple of buffer loops on the bottom video.
I'm guessing lpp-3ds isn't meant to play 2 videos for each screen. Like I said, the only problem is the sound.

EDIT: Never mind. Got it working.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be used to make playlists? Or would I have to edit the index.lua for that? I really want to have Kirby Right Back At Ya on my 3DS, but I don't want to have 100 CIAs on my home menu for one anime.

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this be used to make playlists? Or would I have to edit the index.lua for that? I really want to have Kirby Right Back At Ya on my 3DS, but I don't want to have 100 CIAs on my home menu for one anime.
you can make a playlist, but i think it's limited to 8 video files per cia. :/

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

You must edit the lua script. The tool it's meant to generate a single video per CIA file.

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any side-effects to increasing the limit?
No idea, havn't had chance to try yet.
You must edit the lua script. The tool it's meant to generate a single video per CIA file.
That's good to know, the Encoder says it can support up to 8 videos in 1 file, but it didn't say if that feature works without editing a specific file first.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
No idea, havn't had chance to try yet.

That's good to know, the Encoder says it can support up to 8 videos in 1 file, but it didn't say if that feature works without editing a specific file first.
...This utility uses the jpgv format, not the moflex format.

Reactions: Akawashi

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! What is a decent number (between the 1 and 32 thing) would you recommend for a good quality video, and a good file size?

I've found that putting an hour and a half movie on the highest quality is about 2.2 GB. If you put it on the lowest quality, its about 500 MB.

So would a number in the middle have good quality and have a decent file size?

Last edited by RandomKid150,

LiamTheHackermon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! What is a decent number (between the 1 and 32 thing) would you recommend for a good quality video, and a good file size?

I've found that putting an hour and a half movie on the highest quality is about 2.2 GB. If you put it on the lowest quality, its about 500 MB.

So would a number in the middle have good quality and have a decent file size?
Use moflex injection for amazing quality and super tiny file size

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."