Hacking [Release] - uTikDownloadHelper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please tell me why my folder where i download the game is always empty? It doesn't matter which game I download.

b0xman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i have a question about safety. if I am using this to reaquire games i have already purchased, how does Nintendo discern that from someone stealing their software? could they come after me? is this legal?

if someone was to download a game that they didn't own, it would actually be worse than piracy as it would be stealing directly from their servers. does uTikDownloadHelper have safety measures to ensure that Nintendo doesn't think i'm stealing from them?

CYBERxNUKE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i have a question about safety. if I am using this to reaquire games i have already purchased, how does Nintendo discern that from someone stealing their software? could they come after me? is this legal?

if someone was to download a game that they didn't own, it would actually be worse than piracy as it would be stealing directly from their servers. does uTikDownloadHelper have safety measures to ensure that Nintendo doesn't think i'm stealing from them?

Nintendo cant prove you stole anything just from connecting to their servers.
What if your friend brought his system to your house and is downloading their purchased games?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[disclaimer]Not legal advice - Dead horse beating to follow[/disclaimer]

Neither uTik nor any of the other downloaders does anything to hide you, and if Nintendo wanted to, they could demonstrate that your IP address downloaded their freely available files - IF they can associate the IP address to you. However, those files are supposed to be useless to you, which is why they're not protected on the server. Depending on your laws, they might have to show that you broke their protection in order to prove damages, and the download information itself would not provide that proof.

Setting aside the fact that they could find you, they historically don't bother. And if they did come after you, you'd have the opportunity to respond and prove to them that you own the titles. That would likely be enough for them to move on to someone else.

Regarding titles you don't own: As with most things, how you use a tool is not the responsibility of the tool.

Last edited by nexusmtz,

b0xman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[disclaimer]Not legal advice - Dead horse beating to follow[/disclaimer]

Neither uTik nor any of the other downloaders does anything to hide you, and if Nintendo wanted to, they could demonstrate that your IP address downloaded their freely available files - IF they can associate the IP address to you. However, those files are supposed to be useless to you, which is why they're not protected on the server. Depending on your laws, they might have to show that you broke their protection in order to prove damages, and the download information itself would not provide that proof.

Setting aside the fact that they could find you, they historically don't bother. And if they did come after you, you'd have the opportunity to respond and prove to them that you own the titles. That would likely be enough for them to move on to someone else.

Regarding titles you don't own: As with most things, how you use a tool is not the responsibility of the tool.

thanks for the reply. i guess I'm more specifically asking if even connecting to nintendo's server isn't unlawful and dangerous? is this not considered hacking into their server? because that would be a much more serious crime than piracy. does nintendo offer these files in any way? or are we taking it as a given since the files aren't protected.

hacking is defined as any unauthorized access to a computer sysem under US law, are we accessing these files unlawfully?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply. i guess I'm more specifically asking if even connecting to nintendo's server isn't unlawful and dangerous? is this not considered hacking into their server? because that would be a much more serious crime than piracy. does nintendo offer these files in any way? or are we taking it as a given since the files aren't protected.

hacking is defined as any unauthorized access to a computer sysem under US law, are we accessing these files unlawfully?
This isn't the place for a protracted legal discussion. We've clarified that the matter is not uTik specific, so it shouldn't be in this thread, and responding at all is pushing things. If you have any doubts about your rights to the files, do not download them. That's never going to be the wrong action.

jrum178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try this out later. I'd like to be able to play my WiiU games that I've bought without taking them out of their cases :P Hyrule Warriors takes a decade to load from my SD card in between every dang battle.

I wonder how long it will take for Breath of the Wild to hit the servers. I'd like to keep my copy sealed because I think it will be a rare collectable later on.

Last edited by jrum178,

Yoshinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been using the UtikDownloadHelper since January with no problems, I even installed it for my brother earlier this month with no problems, but last night I tried to install it for my friend and for whatever reason all of the file sizes are really screwed up. It shows DKC being like 3.4 gigabytes randomly, and gives VC titles a update option to download, and every time you open it and close it, it changes sizes and is never consistent. I had him do a system restore, didn't fix it, I went into his appdata folder, deleted all the files, had him download it again and it didn't work, I even gave him my appdata files and it STILL wouldn't correct the file size and download issue. I"m pretty much at my wits end here and I'm not sure what else to do to fix it for him. It's been really difficult and I have no idea what to do.

Attachments

• messed up file sizes.png
    messed up file sizes.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 516

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded and working, but system memory only? Any way to install the game on USB device?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded and working, but system memory only? Any way to install the game on USB device?
This app gets you the files. You'll choose where to install them in WupInstaller. You didn't quote your reference to system memory, so I can't clarify what you read that said this is for installing on system memory only.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app gets you the files. You'll choose where to install them in WupInstaller. You didn't quote your reference to system memory, so I can't clarify what you read that said this is for installing on system memory only.
I've tried to install the USA version of the game on usb device, and the update on nand, didn't work. Then I've installed the game on nand and it worked.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to install the USA version of the game on usb device, and the update on nand, didn't work. Then I've installed the game on nand and it worked.
Having to install them to the same device doesn't mean they have to be installed on NAND. (What does this have to do with UTik Downloader?)

Reactions: Ryccardo

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to download Super Smash Bros, I see there is an option to download DLC too, but it has red text. Does this mean I need redNand or something or is it safe to download with DLC?

You need redNAND to play the DLC. If you tried to launch from sysNAND all that would happen is it would say "Update data corrupt" and prompt you to delete it or cancel. If you're just installing games you need not worry about bricking your Wii U. Just don't try to install a system title (like SystemConfigTool) in sysNAND.

I am lost. I have Mario Cart 8 (yes, I own it), I wanted to play the DLC (extra tracks,etc), I don't understand on how to install it and access it.....how do I install the ADD-ON DLC, listed as (FakeSign) ??

I followed these directions to "SOFT MOD" my WiiU...

Last edited by DavidinCT,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it true that if you download a game out of your region, you brick your wiiu?

i'm running the latest haxchi with cbhc, and it does say region free. does that only apply to discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol