Hacking [Release] - uTikDownloadHelper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalan

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When trying to download Super Smash Bros, I see there is an option to download DLC too, but it has red text. Does this mean I need redNand or something or is it safe to download with DLC?

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to download Super Smash Bros, I see there is an option to download DLC too, but it has red text. Does this mean I need redNand or something or is it safe to download with DLC?

You need redNAND to play the DLC. If you tried to launch from sysNAND all that would happen is it would say "Update data corrupt" and prompt you to delete it or cancel. If you're just installing games you need not worry about bricking your Wii U. Just don't try to install a system title (like SystemConfigTool) in sysNAND.

Reg123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used utikdownloadheper with no issues at all. Dan, thank you for your hard work. It has worked flawlessly. My question is with "the site" that is used with the program. Is there any interest in you adding an additional site to work with the program, to obtain US games that aren't available on "the site"? There haven't been any new sysNand games (not redNand) added to "the site" in awhile. Although I know that Dan doesn't control "the site", is there anyone out there that can reach out and contact the individuals that do control "the site" and ask for more US games (not redNand) to be added. I am not comfortable with redNand as of yet and I don't want to change the region of my console. Games like: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper that are available retail and eShop but not on "the site". I know that Nintendo has over 25 regular Wii games available through Wii U on their network that are retail/eShop. Is it possible to add these games to "the site" and obtained through utikdownloadhelper? I am not sure how different the Wii games are vs. the Wii U games in regards to tickets info. I know that there is a vWii option. Dan, thanks again for the tool and any input is appreciated.

Last edited by Reg123,

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The community needs to give something back! That site allows you to upload your own ticket and share it... So how come there are so many games that are unavailable??? We should already be grateful to whoever managed to launch the site in the first place... now it's up to the community to continue to nurture itself before the site gets taken down...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<snip>Is there any interest in added an additional site to work with the program, to obtain US games that aren't available on "the site"? <snip> Games like: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper that are available retail and eShop but not on "the site".
Yes, please do make another site. It would be good to have an alternate site in case the first goes down. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper would be a good game for you to launch it with. I'm sure you'd get a lot of hits, at least until all of your tickets were copied to the first site.
I know that Nintendo has over 25 regular Wii games available through Wii U on their network that are retail/eShop.
Having the original Wii games available on disc isn't the same as having the WiiU encapsulation of the title on disc.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you add a check with Regex, to see if the folder name you try to create includes invalides characters ?
If it includes invalid characters, could you change the itemPath variable to use the titleid as folder name instead of the title name ?

var itemPath = HelperFunctions.GetAutoIncrementedDirectory(basePath, title.tmd.TitleID , "title.tmd", HelperFunctions.md5sum(title.tmd.rawBytes));

Did it on my side and it fixed the downloads for the Street Fighters series (USA) and all japanese games with non english characters.

Sadly, I am not familiar with git on how to propose changes to someone else repo.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
What is the diferentes between red and black text ?

Red is for downloads that require cfw to be running before you launch them, however they don't work directly if you launch from sysnand. While black text is for downloads that can be launched directly from sysnand without having to run cfw first.

Shank_jeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The community needs to give something back! That site allows you to upload your own ticket and share it... So how come there are so many games that are unavailable??? We should already be grateful to whoever managed to launch the site in the first place... now it's up to the community to continue to nurture itself before the site gets taken down...
Sorry Noob questions here how do we do this? I have 2 games that I would like to create tickets for and help.

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry Noob questions here how do we do this? I have 2 games that I would like to create tickets for and help.

Sorry that question is out of this thread. But I can tell you that with this program you just need to download the game you want and just install it to your wii U nand or USB HDD, with wup installer mod and thats all, dont even have to do anything more!!!

Reactions: Shank_jeremy

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I've tried it and it just doesn't let me download anything: I keep getting the download progress box and can't click on any option even the 'Download' button. I tried many games. Weird weird.

EDIT: Now it kinda lets me download, but it goes a small portion of the progress bar and says 'Download successful' and there aren't all the files required.

Last edited by RoDryBones,

lfrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (JPN) (FakeSign) don't work for me
it works = mario galaxy us (FakeSign) / mario galaxy 2 us (FakeSign)/ donkey kong returns eur (FakeSign)
does not work = New Super Mario Bros. Wii (JPN)

WIIU US SysNAND + Region Free

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (JPN) (FakeSign) don't work for me
it works = mario galaxy us (FakeSign) / mario galaxy 2 us (FakeSign)/ donkey kong returns eur (FakeSign)
does not work = New Super Mario Bros. Wii (JPN)

WIIU US SysNAND + Region Free

Titles with a "FakeSign" don't work on sysnand. You need to run Haxchi before running those. Only titles with an actual downloadable ticket can be run directly from sysnand.

Crackerboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok So the black titles that don't say fake sign will work with the Brazilian mod?

EDIT: I was able to read the past posts and figure out that these will work with brazilian but not sure about the (Fake Sign) games.

Last edited by Crackerboy,

Takito09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anybody know if the Tokyo mirage sessions included in this list of game is the modified one? And if not Is there a way to patch it?

thund3rstruck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok So the black titles that don't say fake sign will work with the Brazilian mod?
EDIT: I was able to read the past posts and figure out that these will work with brazilian but not sure about the (Fake Sign) games.

I'm using Haxchi via Brain Age DS exploit and trying to install Shantae: Half Genie Hero, NEs Remix, or NES Remix 2 (downloaded using uTik). The installation errors out during the installation in WUP Installer y Mod. These are all 'FakeSign' titles. Is there something special I should be doing to get these to install or are they just not able to be installed with the Brazilian title method?

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Haxchi via Brain Age DS exploit and trying to install Shantae: Half Genie Hero, NEs Remix, or NES Remix 2 (downloaded using uTik). The installation errors out during the installation in WUP Installer y Mod. These are all 'FakeSign' titles. Is there something special I should be doing to get these to install or are they just not able to be installed with the Brazilian title method?
You need something to patch out the signature checks on the Wii U

Check out Mocha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1