ROM Hack [Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

Chloe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pokeduty
I followed step by step what you said and in the end I loaded my edited star version and my game wouldn't load, it's just a black screen on citra. Is there a step I'm missing? D:

Pokeduty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

@Chloe
As I can see there is nothing missing, I think the problem is that you are in the version 0.1C and it's required the 0.1D before applying the 0.1E patch.

Download link v0.1E only (11.6MB) : [MEGA]
Requires v0.1D patch (245.3MB): [MEGA]

You can either apply the two patches yourself or I heard that the version 0.1D .3ds is downloadable in a certain iso site.

Last edited by Pokeduty,

Chloe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chloe
As I can see there is nothing missing, I think the problem is that you are in the version 0.1C and it's required the 0.1D before applying the 0.1E patch.

You can either apply the two patches yourself or I heard that the version 0.1D .3ds is downloadable in a certain iso site.

Do I do the same exact thing to apply to two patches? Sorry, I'm not very good at stuff like this ><

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Chloe
I'll try to make a tutorial sorry if I it's a little confusing im not very good at it :P

First of all you'll need your .3ds file and the HackingToolKit (Can't post link here I think but you can find it easy on google), I recommend using the HackingToolKit V9 at least it was the one I used.
After having all of this you need to:

1: Open HackingToolkit3DS (It'll ask to open the SetupUS first if Im not mistaken)
2: Chose the option that says "Enter D for extract a .3ds file"
3: Enter the name of the .3ds file without the spaces and the .3ds in the name (For example if your file is named PokemonStars.3ds you only write PokemonStars)
4: On the "Decompress the code.bin file(n/y)?" enter Y
5: After all this wait untill it shows the message that it as finished
6: Now on the same folder you should have a ExtractedRomFS and a bunch other files
7: Copy and paste the new ExtractedRomFS you just downloaded and overwrite the old files when it asks
8: After all done and overwriten open the HackingToolkit3DS once again
9: This time chose the option "Enter R to rebuild a .3ds file"
10: Enter the name of the .3ds file once again without spaces and the .3ds in the name
11: Wait until it's finished and there will be a file with the same name as the old one but with and "_edited" after if I am not mistaken, and that file is the one you use to play with the patch already applied :D

Sorry if this tutorial is a bit confused but I tried to explain the best I could :P
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq5QAX7LXweRL6BLOCI-OebNN2T9C-tG/view?usp=sharing @MegaKyurem have created the tutorial for rayless ruby and alpha shapphire, but This process works great also for SM and usum and is equal to all the steps that you wrote, only that is done like a video tutorial:D

Pokeduty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do I do the same exact thing to apply to two patches? Sorry, I'm not very good at stuff like this ><

@Chloe
Yeah, for example you're on 0.1C you download the 0.1D and follow those steps I said and you'll get the game with the 0.1D patch.
After having the game in 0.1D do the exact same steps but applying the files from the patch 0.1E

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq5QAX7LXweRL6BLOCI-OebNN2T9C-tG/view?usp=sharing @MegaKyurem have created the tutorial for rayless ruby and alpha shapphire, but This process works great also for SM and usum and is equal to all the steps that you wrote, only that is done like a video tutorial:D

Oh nice, a video tutorial is better then a simple written tutorial I guess :D

Last edited by Pokeduty,
Reactions: Tower

Pokeduty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@rusyaas

I guess I found a bug at The Surf Association on Heahea City, our character becomes invisible at the inside, at least it doesn't crash the game, I could enter and exit without a problem, except not seeing my character

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi. I got the surf assoc place fixed. But to release too much patches would be a lil distasteful. And it would increase the file size of the hotfix too much.

However, I did pass the fixed garcs to @raltsbreeder , the guy who compiled my mod and reupload it to that iso site.
So if file size isnt too big of a deal for you, you might as well get the rom from that site. It's v0.1E + phyco's new zygarde + some unreleased stuff and text changes.

He should be posting soon when he has uploaded the full stuff.

The real update garc will be released this weekend along with the patchnotes.

Last edited by rusyaas,

raltsbreeder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hey it's me, Raltsbreeder again.
A compiled .3DS version of Pokemon Star v0.1E has been uploaded at that certain iso site, ready to be used with Citra Emulator.

Pokeduty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
However, I did pass the fixed garcs to @raltsbreeder , the guy who compiled my mod and reupload it to that iso site.
So if file size isnt too big of a deal for you, you might as well get the rom from that site. It's v0.1E + phyco's new zygarde + some unreleased stuff and text changes.

So the .3ds on that iso site already includes phyco's new zygarde and other stuff that the version we download here don't?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.