ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
IDK about everyone, but i am using OoTHAx from my Zelda: OoT cartridge for 3ds & I am able to run ANY snes game on it... mana, mana 2, star ocean, super mario rpg, etc.

I use the snes9x emulator if anyone is curious.
The type of exploit used to hack the 3DS is irrelevant to the performance of game emulation.

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IDK about everyone, but i am using OoTHAx from my Zelda: OoT cartridge for 3ds & I am able to run ANY snes game on it... mana, mana 2, star ocean, super mario rpg, etc.

I use the snes9x emulator if anyone is curious.

Are you capable of making a super mario rpg cia? Everyone can run all the game using an emulator with HBL. Pocketsnes don't have any drop frame regards of the games.

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make a .cia or run anything that installs .cia files on my unit, I'm running firmware 11.2 at the moment. But, OoThax works great! The emulation via snes9x is impeccable.

I've always been a big follower of snes9x for years... the emulation from that emulator is great as well. Mario RPG has no slowdown when i run it...

Last edited by FLjavi,

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't make a .cia or run anything that installs .cia files on my unit, I'm running firmware 11.2 at the moment. But, OoThax works great! The emulation via snes9x is impeccable.

I knew it ! But that cool but here is a thread about snes vc injection, we all know that we can run snes on HBL but peoples like me want them on the home menu screen!

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i know, that is a neat feature... I would do so if I wasn't already on firmware 11.2... very tricky for someone like me to downgrade to 9.2...

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya i know, that is a neat feature... I would do so if I wasn't already on firmware 11.2... very tricky for someone like me to downgrade to 9.2...

Hardmode is your only way atm , i propose to check online near your city maybe there is a hardmodder that can do it for you very cheap! or you could do it yourself , check tutorial online before attempting to solder or go with a hardmodder like i said!

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 plays okay so far but Secret of Mana gives jumbled text after the start screen.
You may need to set the aspect ratio to 4:3 to get menu text to show "correctly", if that's the issue you're facing. The SNES Secret of Mana games used the SNES high-resolution mode in their menus.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excellent work as always @Asdolo! Anyway to add the option to disable dark filter like in your NES Injector?
I just tried to make a cia for Terranigma (PAL), and I get the message "This game pak is not designed for your super famicom or super nes". Is there any way to bypass this?
Try to modify the header of the rom making it a NTSC one.
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/
Since they won't release any PAL games the VC Emulator is region-lock, it actually emulates a NTSC SNES.

ZVAARI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
While the tool says it is compatible with .smc files, it doesn't actually detect them. Selecting one under the "All Files" option shows a prompt saying that only .sfc files are compatible.
All my SNES games and romhacks are in .smc format, so I was wondering if this was intentionnal. I tested this with NTSC Super Mario World, and a number of SMW romhacks.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
While the tool says it is compatible with .smc files, it doesn't actually detect them. Selecting one under the "All Files" option shows a prompt saying that only .sfc files are compatible.
All my SNES games and romhacks are in .smc format, so I was wondering if this was intentionnal. I tested this with NTSC Super Mario World, and a number of SMW romhacks.

It's a bug. Rename the file to have .sfc format :blush:. I will fix it in the next version!

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

ukoziak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe there's another patch that converts the rom to NTSC better than the other one? If you don't find something like that, I'll study that Terranigma working CIA and see what the creator did! Also, I will add CIA editing feature in the future, like GBA Injector, but just for editing icon and banner.
Let me know if you need that CIA. If you can edit the icon and banner, that would be awesome. Keep up the good work.
Try to modify the header of the rom making it a NTSC one.
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/
Since they won't release any PAL games the VC Emulator is region-lock, it actually emulates a NTSC SNES.
That tool doesn't allow me to change anything? I can't select anything at all.

Cdawg51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the same unhandled exception error for any SNES rom I try and convert. "could not find a part of the path" and then a long directory to a folder and file that don't exist but I'm not sure what is causing it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: