ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GG (Game Gear) VC Injector for 3DS

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Megadrive injector. Although Sonic 1 & 2 exist in the eshop, it is highly optimized specifically for those games and injecting another game into them causes a variety of negative effects, such as a crash resulting in a reboot after you play your injected MD game and, I think, no saved-game support.

Unfortunately, we're all better off with a homebrew emulator.

Lehnah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Asdolo , mate you have made this SEGA fanboy VERY happy with this and your MD injector. I'm just wondering; someone mentioned an SMS injector can't be done because SMS games were never on VC. However, GG and SMS were both pretty much the same so, theoretically, wouldn't this injector do the job?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
@Asdolo , mate you have made this SEGA fanboy VERY happy with this and your MD injector. I'm just wondering; someone mentioned an SMS injector can't be done because SMS games were never on VC. However, GG and SMS were both pretty much the same so, theoretically, wouldn't this injector do the job?

I believe you can actually use GEN-MD Forwarder Maker to make SMS injects because it uses Picodrive emulator, and it can emulate SMS roms.

You'll obviously miss a SMS 3D banner, but as soon as I get one, I'll make it 100% compatible with the injector.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo Is it possible to have some sort of config option for the programs? For some reason when each step requires a file it uses last opened directory, if there is a way for specific directory For example

Screen shots. Desktop/injections/Screenshots
Roms Desktop/injections/roms
CIA desktop/injections/CIA

Something like that, instead of having to browse to the directory cause it always start from last open file directory.

Lehnah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you can actually use GEN-MD Forwarder Maker to make SMS injects because it uses Picodrive emulator, and it can emulate SMS roms.

You'll obviously miss a SMS 3D banner, but as soon as I get one, I'll make it 100% compatible with the injector.

Awesome, can't wait!

Apologies if this is another stupid question, but I see that all your injectors work with an emulator. This means that emulator needs to be installed, yes?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, can't wait!

Apologies if this is another stupid question, but I see that all your injectors work with an emulator. This means that emulator needs to be installed, yes?
Umm the injector is the emulator. It injects roms into virtual console. :P

If you mean forwarders, is different. You need the rom and homebrew set up and all it does is load the homebrew with rom from the home menu instead of the HBL :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

zephonate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having an issue where each time I create a GG .cia, it takes way longer than it should, then about halfway through the progress bar, a message window pops up saying something along the lines of "data has been copied to the clipboard" in Spanish. Then, when the bar finally finishes and it says the .cia has been successfully created, it is nowhere to be found, even if I click Yes to open the output folder.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having an issue where each time I create a GG .cia, it takes way longer than it should, then about halfway through the progress bar, a message window pops up saying something along the lines of "data has been copied to the clipboard" in Spanish. Then, when the bar finally finishes and it says the .cia has been successfully created, it is nowhere to be found, even if I click Yes to open the output folder.
Did you try open as admin? What rom are you using? where did you extract the VC injector program?

zephonate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try open as admin? What rom are you using? where did you extract the VC injector program?
Extracted the program to my Downloads folder. ROMs I'm trying are Sonic Chaos, Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble, Tails Adventures, and Tails' Skypatrol. Of all of them, Triple Trouble was the only one that actually made it into a .cia, and I tried all of them as Administrator and as not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1