ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GEN-MD Forwarder Maker for 3DS

Laserschwert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That would at least simplify the task to update the CIAs... but mass creation of them in the first place would require some batch solution, without going through all the pages of the GUI all the time.

Funkymon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would at least simplify the task to update the CIAs... but mass creation of them in the first place would require some batch solution, without going through all the pages of the GUI all the time.

At some point though, it just makes sense to use the emulator rather than individual forwarders. Given that all the entries in a spreadsheet would have to be done by hand anyway, I'm not sure where the time savings comes in. For each game, you'd still need to select the same information you would for the GUI, and you'd miss any database errors if it didn't identify the game correctly.

I'm going to be doing about 57, and I'll happily be doing them by hand. How many are you planning to do where you see batch efficiency being a huge improvement?

Laserschwert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depending on platform I'm thinking somewhere between 20 and 50... after all, this wouldn't be just for the GEN-MD forwarder, but all the future forwarders and injectors as well.

And I'd say it's still much quicker to enter data into a tight spreadsheet than going through the GUI for each game. Don't get me wrong, I love the GUI with the banner preview and all, I just think a spreadsheet option would be a nice addition IF if doesn't require an unproportionally large amount of extra work.

Last edited by Laserschwert,

Funkymon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which resolution do people like best? For the official VC engines, I usually just copy the default settings, but I'm thinking of doing the NTSC pixel perfect here.

soprano1

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can't download from the mega link, i get an error. Seems to be only this one, i could download your GBA injector fine.
EDIT:Hmm, it seems i was able to download it with megadownloader, but it took some tries.

Last edited by soprano1,

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Asdolo
Just to advise you that after testing several titles, I advise you to add with Picodrive the version of Genesis Plus GX 1.4.1 that I noticed that some games were more fluid or sharper sound and graphics quality;)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the graphics are kind of distorted with this forwarder... not really "pixel perfect" at all. Hopefully a better emulator will solve this problem.

Reactions: alucard73

ElitePowerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Asdolo! I was wondering if you were considering making a Retroarch forwarder like this for a GBA emulator in the future? The GBA VC on 3DS is good and all but I've been spoiled by savestates in the other VCs lol.

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version 1.3!

What's new:
+ Added: Now you can choose Genesis Plus GX emulator in addition to Picodrive.
* A better icon resizing for 256x224 title screen images.

Links in the OP!
Thanks for new version
But i get tearing in games (Genesis Plus GX)
For example in comix zone
Genesis plus has better sound than picodrive but ......it tearing
Which version use this?

Last edited by angelhp,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that didn't do the job. The graphics are still distorted, with scrunched sprites and tiny dots around the edges of some objects. Doesn't matter which core I use. It could just be a RetroArch thing... I've had that problem before with that emulator on the 3DS.

Funkymon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, that didn't do the job. The graphics are still distorted, with scrunched sprites and tiny dots around the edges of some objects. Doesn't matter which core I use. It could just be a RetroArch thing... I've had that problem before with that emulator on the 3DS.
Which scaling setting are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol