ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

The_Time_Is_Nigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A feature request: Let us upload a CIA that we've backed up from our 3DS and change its banner, 3D banner, title, icon, border, etc. This would be great for all of your injector applications. :)
(PS. I know this is easier said than done, but I thought I'd request it, as it popped into my head while I was considering a way to edit the border on my Pokémon Yellow Virtual Console.)

Oh, and one more - I was going through the files looking for the border and I found the files that control the color of the game cartridge in the 3D banner. The ability to change the color of that would be a fantastic addition to this program.

Last edited by The_Time_Is_Nigh,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Yo Asdolo, what's the file for the style border within these CIA-files for the VC games? Trying to change one for Pokemon Yellow, but I then discovered that the samples for Pikachu are played separately by the 3DS-system, and they don't carry to the injected rom. So I'm attempting to just change the ingame border style.

The ingame border file is "face_cgb.ttp", it's inside RomFS.
The Pikachu sounds are stored in the "snd" folder inside RomFS IIRC.

A feature request: Let us upload a CIA that we've backed up from our 3DS and change its banner, 3D banner, title, icon, border, etc. This would be great for all of your injector applications. :)
(PS. I know this is easier said than done, but I thought I'd request it, as it popped into my head while I was considering a way to edit the border on my Pokémon Yellow Virtual Console.)

Oh, and one more - I was going through the files looking for the border and I found the files that control the color of the game cartridge in the 3D border. The ability to change the color of that would be a fantastic addition to this program.

I though about add that feature on my New Super Ultimate Injector; I think I will.

It could be a good idea that cartidge thing, I'll test it!

Reactions: The_Time_Is_Nigh

The_Time_Is_Nigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though about add that feature on my New Super Ultimate Injector; I think I will.

It could be a good idea that cartidge thing, I'll test it!
I saw your updates on your profile yesterday, SUPER looking forward to that new injector. Let me know if anything comes of the test with the cartridge.

(And do you mean the reverse injecting of CIAs for NSUI?)

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I saw your updates on your profile yesterday, SUPER looking forward to that new injector. Let me know if anything comes of the test with the cartridge.

(And do you mean the reverse injecting of CIAs for NSUI?)
Both features should be on the New Injector

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: The_Time_Is_Nigh

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The ingame border file is "face_cgb.ttp", it's inside RomFS.
The Pikachu sounds are stored in the "snd" folder inside RomFS IIRC.

Neat, it works!

Onward to another problem though - since I'm still modifying the original VC-file, the rom actually has some dark tint applied to it, which I'm surprised Nintendo still does with their VC-titles. (Don't worry about the screenshots, the border works fine inside 3DS)

M6lv7fp.png

(Original VC-file with proper sampling)

cE83MXk.png

(VC-file from GBC-injector that has the poor sampling)

So what are the files that I can copy and paste from the injected VC's internal files to the original one to remove the dark tint?

EDIT: I actually figured it out, just modified the config.ini-file inside the VC-file and removed the dark tint there. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by daddu3,

The_Time_Is_Nigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both features should be on the New Injector

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk
You have any ETA on when that should be released? :)

---

Also, any viewers I can use for TTP files? EveryFileExplorer doesn't seem to recognize it. Nor does Ohana3DS. EDIT: Never mind, found your post about the file structure of it, and I'm just going to wait for your release :P

Last edited by The_Time_Is_Nigh,

Randomdice101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey the new gbc emulator for pokemon doesn't work for pokemon crystal japan edition. I think the issue is the fact that the save size is 64kb instead of 32kb like all the other save files. any way to make a patch to fix that?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey the new gbc emulator for pokemon doesn't work for pokemon crystal japan edition. I think the issue is the fact that the save size is 64kb instead of 32kb like all the other save files. any way to make a patch to fix that?
Patch the rom (if one exist for this specific thing) then inject it. Until he is able to resolve it with his own injector. Besides, since when is save type a issue with GBC games? It has save states doesn't it? :wtf:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Besides, since when is save type a issue with GBC games?
Different mappers have different ways to enable and bankswitch SRAM :)
No emulator I know of (that supports saving at all) gets them wrong but still...

BTW Pokemon Bing Crystal, a hack of Japanese Crystal, works just fine here in the non-multiplayer emulator

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different mappers have different ways to enable and bankswitch SRAM :)
No emulator I know of (that supports saving at all) gets them wrong but still...

BTW Pokemon Bing Crystal, a hack of Japanese Crystal, works just fine here in the non-multiplayer emulator
well is there a reason to play the JAP rom over USA? Is just language change right?:unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncensored trainer pictures (lenny) and all the mobile adapter related features (not like the VC is the best emulator to experiment with them, but still)
Well I mean is the uncensored trainers worth not being able to read text (Unless somehow previous post had a way to play it) I dunno anything about the Jap game, but i mean why not play soul silver? Isn't that a upgrade? :P

Randomdice101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I mean is the uncensored trainers worth not being able to read text (Unless somehow previous post had a way to play it) I dunno anything about the Jap game, but i mean why not play soul silver? Isn't that a upgrade? :P
I want to be able to play the proper game since only gold and silver will be released in september also I can read the text...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Patch the rom (if one exist for this specific thing) then inject it. Until he is able to resolve it with his own injector. Besides, since when is save type a issue with GBC games? It has save states doesn't it? :wtf:
the new emulator (for pokemon) disables save states. also once you beat the elite four the game resets and thus you would be stuck there if you couldn't save properly...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new emulator (for pokemon) disables save states. also once you beat the elite four the game resets and thus you would be stuck there if you couldn't save properly...
New emulator? Not sure what it means. All Rom injections I use that wasn't GBA have save states, why should that change just cause I use a pokemon rom?:unsure:

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New emulator? Not sure what it means. All Rom injections I use that wasn't GBA have save states, why should that change just cause I use a pokemon rom?:unsure:

The "New Emulator" refers to the variant that was shipped with the Gameboy Pokemon Virtual Console games. It drops restore points in favor of implementing link-cable features over 3ds wireless. (The lack of restore points was most likely to deter cheating, prevent Pokemon duplication, etc.) It can be used to enable multiplayer functions in GB/GBC games, but only after applying a patch, one that must be devised manually for each game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "New Emulator" refers to the variant that was shipped with the Gameboy Pokemon Virtual Console games. It drops restore points in favor of implementing link-cable features over 3ds wireless. (The lack of restore points was most likely to deter cheating, prevent Pokemon duplication, etc.) It can be used to enable multiplayer functions in GB/GBC games, but only after applying a patch, one that must be devised manually for each game.
So again, this is something nintendo started or the injector does?

Yes I understand, buying pokemon VC game from eshop has no save states. But he is using a rom injector, all rom injections i done does have save states. Why would using a rom injection on specific rom change the function of removing a savestate? Is not a eshop purchased copy of the game. :mellow:

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So again, this is something nintendo started or the injector does?

Yes I understand, buying pokemon VC game from eshop has no save states. But he is using a rom injector, all rom injections i done does have save states. Why would using a rom injection on specific rom change the function of removing a savestate? Is not a eshop purchased copy of the game. :mellow:

Nintendo made both versions, they just decided which one to use with which game. In the same way, using the "new" emulator is an option with the injector as well, as of version 1.7 and later. There is an option to use the "new" emulator and load a link cable patch as part of the parameters, but neither the injector nor the emulator will look at what game you're injecting and decide for you. It's all your choice. [emoji6]

It really only makes sense to use the "new" emulator if you have a working link patch for the game you're injecting, so almost all injects are going to be of the "old" variety, with restore point capability baked in.

Last edited by Cralex,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo made both versions, they just decided which one to use with which game. In the same way, using the "new" emulator is an option with the injector as well, as of version 1.7 and later. There is an option to use the "new" emulator and load a link cable patch as part of the parameters, but neither the injector nor the emulator will look at what game you're injecting and decide for you. It's all your choice. [emoji6]

It really only makes sense to use the "new" emulator if you have a working link patch for the game you're injecting, so almost all injects are going to be of the "old" variety, with restore point capability baked in.
So the point of the "NEW" Emulator is just for link cable functions while not having savestates? The previous post was just trying to get help with his game not being able to save, so good luck with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: