ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks to the OP for making such a convenient tool. I might give it a try later.

I have one question though, is there a lot of difference between the VC versions and the homebrew emulators? Gameplay and compatibility wise, i mean. I already know some people love having everything in the homescreen (I personally don't like having too many icons, even in folders) instead of having to open the emulator first.

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem as the others. Running Windows 10. Error info below.

Hope this helps, sorry I have to be the bearer of a bug lol.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
at Ultimate_GBC_VC_Injector_for_3DS.classes.Ohana.Initialize(PictureBox Picture)
at Ultimate_GBC_VC_Injector_for_3DS.frmMain.CreateRawBanner(Bitmap bannerImage, Color frameColor, Int32 interpolationIndex)
at Ultimate_GBC_VC_Injector_for_3DS.frmMain.btnNextStep_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/Ultimate%20GBC%20VC%20Injector%20for%203DS/Ultimate%20GBC%20VC%20Injector%20for%203DS.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
WinFormsColor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/Ultimate%20GBC%20VC%20Injector%20for%203DS/WinFormsColor.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

b88313cc1a42c501e2d29d9c34f7c10a.png

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Possible to also allow the import of icon.bin and banner.bin?
Because I have these files already made, and I have to write useless infos in your tool then extract/rebuild your cia

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Possible to also allow the import of icon.bin and banner.bin?
Because I have these files already made, and I have to write useless infos in your tool then extract/rebuild your cia
You mean import the whole icon.bin and banner.bin for not doing step 2&3, or you want the data but maybe 3d frame color?

I'll look better into icon.bin and banner.bin to see the hex layout and extract all data to auto-fill the fields.

But first I'll try to fix this error.

Last edited by Asdolo,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have also W10 64b, and it crash when I try to build the CIa, as other people, said :/
Thanks for my request

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks to the OP for making such a convenient tool. I might give it a try later.

I have one question though, is there a lot of difference between the VC versions and the homebrew emulators? Gameplay and compatibility wise, i mean. I already know some people love having everything in the homescreen (I personally don't like having too many icons, even in folders) instead of having to open the emulator first.
I haven't tried any GBC homebrew emulator. In my case, I want the icons in homemenu, plus, I like the idea to makes the things the more legit as I can

darkalex004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lwuzaiV.png

The ultimate in GBC VC injection today!
Hello everyone. Today I'm releasing a Windows tool that will make the GBC injection process much easier and customizable. Today I'm presenting Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS.

What it do:
It takes a Color Gameboy backup file and it converts it to an installable CIA for your 3DS with CFW. It does all in a one single program.

Features:
  • VC GBC injection into a CIA
  • Easy made custom colored 3D banner
  • Easy made custom text/footer banner
  • Easy made ingame frame injection
  • Easy made whole process!

Requeriments: Microsoft .NET framework 4.5

Tutorial:
You'll just follow the steps in program. But just in case:

Step 1:

Open the program. You'll see this screen:
bOyWRlW.png

Press Open GBC File button. It'll prompt you to pick a .gbc file.
gzhB0gx.png

For this tutorial I'll pick the spanish edition of Pokémon Gold.

When you pick a rom you'll be able to go to Step 2 (icon and name).

Step 2:
This is the Step 2 main screen:
0LFKxMW.png

All the fields are explained in the info boxes, but let me know if something doesn't understand.

Complete the fields making the most legit as possible (if you want to). For example:
QnaeeaC.png

I used a title screen screenshot in it's original size as icon (the program will automatically stretch it).

When you complete all the fields you'll able to go to Step 3 (3d banner).

Step 3:
This is the Step 3 main screen:
qH7to5S.png

Note: The program will load some default values (based on those in Step 2), but you can anyway replace these default values with ohter ones.
Example: if you want the icon and 3D banner to have different images, then first complete Step 2 with the icon image that you want and then complete Step 3 with the banner image that you want. Otherwise if you are too lazy or you want the same standard as legit VC CIA, leave it as is.

For this example, I'll let the same image as the icon, but I'll change the banner color for a golden one. To do this, just press Change frame color button and pick a color.

IEMAmM5.png

There is a crappy preview of the banner color. The real one will be in 3D!

Also, I'll edit the bottom banner text, adding the release data (in spanish).
You can change the font type, size, and brightness. Also there's a preview of this text banner (ignore the red borders, they won't be there in the console).

Doing my changes for this example:
0tTtusZ.png

When you complete or modify all the fields you'll able to go to Step 4 (VC parameters).

Step 4:
This is the Step 4 main screen:
feeqTbl.png

(ignore that info box, it's not actually very explanatory)
In this screen you can make the game full screen (as long as you launch the game without holding START or SELECT button).

I was experiencing with the ingame frame. You can select a few frame styles (discover them on your own ^_^). In the future I'll adding the option to import your own frame (it's any 512x256 image), but for now I add some basic ones.

For this example I don't want the full screen mod, but I'll pick a non-purple colored frame, picking a light blue color for the frame (because I want to and I can :P). This is the result:
0muVMyl.png

There's some things I didn't say, but I think they're self-explanatory (If no, let me know!).

Once we have everything ready, press Finish button.

That's it! The program will prompt where to save the CIA file and It took some seconds to create it.
When the CIA is ready, the program will tell you.

4wgUBvi.png

Then you can install the CIA in sdcard using any CIA manager (I use the new FBI).

Console screenshots:
UMQlyfH.png

ljG2FTx.png
Ezeuf8Y.png

E5OVWqG.png
About source code, TODO, changelog, etc: For now I'll just read this thread and make changes acording to the best for all. The code will be released much later; I'm planing to do a serie of VC injectors... If a new version is out, I'll make a changelog in this OP.

Download link: MEGA

Enjoy!

Can you add the option to create them in .3ds?
PD: Same problem with Windows 7 Ultimate and Microsoft .NET framework 4.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome