ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, is just for knowing where to search the bug. Thank you!
i just tried it and it doesn't give me the error with that checked

with.png
without.png

there was no difference with the setting except that.

Last edited by dragonblood9999,
Reactions: Asdolo

Randomdice101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to create a VC for Japanese Crystal but I keep getting a generic error after installing it on my 3ds. Would you be able to help? I can provide additional info as required. I used the vcpatch as well and gold and silver both worked but not crystal.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm trying to create a VC for Japanese Crystal but I keep getting a generic error after installing it on my 3ds. Would you be able to help? I can provide additional info as required. I used the vcpatch as well and gold and silver both worked but not crystal.

Did you try creating the CIA again all from the beginning?

mrp416

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Asdolo, I just home-brewed my 3DS yesterday and started using your tools. These are so awesome! I was trying to make a CIA of Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest from a .gbc rom, and made a few other .gbc cia's successfully, but when I made the one for Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest I was able to load it into my 3ds, and launch it. It made it to the splash screen but when I hit start to start the screen went black. After that any time I launch it the screen is black. I have tried to create it a few times and this has been the case every time. Loads once, but doesn't get past the splash screen and then never again. I also tried finding a different rom, and can run the roms on my computer with an emulator just fine. Have you seen issues like this before?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi Asdolo, I just home-brewed my 3DS yesterday and started using your tools. These are so awesome! I was trying to make a CIA of Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest from a .gbc rom, and made a few other .gbc cia's successfully, but when I made the one for Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest I was able to load it into my 3ds, and launch it. It made it to the splash screen but when I hit start to start the screen went black. After that any time I launch it the screen is black. I have tried to create it a few times and this has been the case every time. Loads once, but doesn't get past the splash screen and then never again. I also tried finding a different rom, and can run the roms on my computer with an emulator just fine. Have you seen issues like this before?

Just like any emulator, it could fail.

Try making another CIA, changing the VC mode (on the Step 4 of the Injector), because that makes the CIA have another version of the emulator.

I mean this option:
m1JjkPb.png

Last edited by Asdolo,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina

Are you able to install another GBC VC CIA created by this Injector, or is this happening only with Japanese Crystal?

Also, where did you get the Japanese Pokemon Crystal patch file? I thought there wasn't a patch for the Japanese version.

Randomdice101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you able to install another GBC VC CIA created by this Injector, or is this happening only with Japanese Crystal?

Also, where did you get the Japanese Pokemon Crystal patch file? I thought there wasn't a patch for the Japanese version.

I installed gold and silver which I created with your program. I used the vc1901.bin.patch from Traiver's cia. I'm not sure the trading patch works 100% but both gold and silver worked compared to crystal which fails to create the save file tot he SD cart. it causes an error that requires a hard shutdown...

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
@Asdolo
Just want to ask, what specific file is related when changing the "when closing the VC" option?

What i mean is for example i want to manualy change it vice versa without using the injector? Thanks.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
@Asdolo
Just want to ask, what specific file is related when changing the "when closing the VC" option?

What i mean is for example i want to manualy change it vice versa without using the injector? Thanks.

It's a flag on the icon.bin file (see this), so you can change the clossing message in any 3DS game (not just VC).

You have to set:
  • 0xC5 at offset 0x2028 of the icon.bin if you want 'Do you want to close [...]? (Unsaved data will be lost.)' message.
  • 0xD5 at offset 0x2028 of the icon.bin if you want 'Saving data and closing software...' message.

Reactions: noctis90210

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a new border, very simple one. Resident Evil. Screenshot I took from the remastered version. Both this link here and the one in my post above bring you to the same place.

Also, unintentionally, the GBC light glows in the zombies eye. o3o Looks good on the 3ds.

I'll be making some more soon.

D

Deleted User

I got only one gripe. See its rather hard to find gameboy color roms. For example trying to find donkey kong land as a gbc is nearly impossible. (I couldn't even find the entire trilligy as a .gbc but only as a .gb) maybe you could make some conversion tool? or have support for .gb files and force display as color somehow. but that would seriously help as its a pain in my neck. (even now I'm still searching). best of luck later

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been made possible to inject gameboy games into gameboy color? For games that do support color format but don't have the "For gameboy color" tag on the cart? I was just curious.

I also dunno if is possible or not. But if maybe possible to add the Super gameboy pallet feature to games as well? A game like mega man 5 on Gameboy is one of those games. Is on Virtual console aleady but is just the boring black and white instead of having color like on super game boy. Wario land 2 also works on Gameboy color fine, but also can use super game boy pallet as well.

I been trying to find a way to patch roms to force it to load on Super game boy pallet but took a break during the struggle. I managed to come across this page that explains how to force GBA enhance mode on GBC roms. Maybe you can add that to the program?
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=16827.0

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo is it possible to change the entire Product Code and Title ID or just the last four characters. I've been using v.92 of pokemon prism and want to update to the new v.93 but keep my save data. JKSM won't let me import my save data kinda like this is a completely different game instead of the same albeit updated version of the game and I suspect this might be the reason. Also installing the new cia works but installs alongside the previous version instead of over it. I would normally uninstall the previous version before installing the new version but, after seeing that the saves weren't working I re-installed the old cia alongside the new one I made and found that instead only installing the new cia it installed both.

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Ancientboi at it again.