ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you support the save type for Flash1M_v102 ?
Please advise.
The support for this save type isn't included in AGB_FIRM, the piece of software that runs GBA games on a 3DS. Currently no one tried to hack AGB_FIRM, so it's unfortunately not possible to support any other save types than the already supported ones at the moment.

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a comparison of the different bright modes? Which one looks best on the 3DS' screen and most close to the original GBA colors?

infinitysend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - I just used this to install Metroid Zero Mission on my 3DS. It worked except one thing: The screen is offset ~8 pixels vertically, and the missing pixels appear at the very bottom instead. I'm sorry I can't go through 43 pages to see if this has been addressed elsewhere. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?
2017-09-02-14.36.jpg

Last edited by infinitysend,
D

Deleted User

Hello - I just used this to install Metroid Zero Mission on my 3DS. It worked except one thing: The screen is shifted ~8 pixels vertically, and the missing pixels appear at the very bottom instead. I'm sorry I can't go through 43 pages to see if this has been addressed elsewhere. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?
View attachment 97569
I tested Zero Mission with my N3DS. Hm.. I get the screen you want by default. Did you use Version 1.6 aka the latest for your cia?

D

Deleted User

Thanks for your reply! And yes, I used 1.6b. I installed it on a first gen 3DS.
Hm. This is rather odd. If you press and hold start you can boot the game with the original screen resolution. That´s the only thing i know you can do, if you want a different screen size.

D

Deleted User

Wait, so the upper screen is still cut off? That´s weird..:huh: Never experienced that with my 2DS or N3DS before.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - I just used this to install Metroid Zero Mission on my 3DS. It worked except one thing: The screen is offset ~8 pixels vertically, and the missing pixels appear at the very bottom instead. I'm sorry I can't go through 43 pages to see if this has been addressed elsewhere. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?
View attachment 97569

What size of SD card do you have? If you have a particularly large card, which is what you need if you want to install a bunch of games, what you're going through is one potential side effect.

infinitysend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What size of SD card do you have? If you have a particularly large card, which is what you need if you want to install a bunch of games, what you're going through is one potential side effect.
I'm using a 64GB card. I was able to get a "fixed" CIA using the European version, so crisis averted for now! Weird how it does that with my North American rom.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 64GB card. I was able to get a "fixed" CIA using the European version, so crisis averted for now! Weird how it does that with my North American rom.
Is it just that game? I'm runnning a 32g SD card and while I haven't tried Metroid Fusion, my GBA CIAs are going fine.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From what I heard, 64GB is either when that sort of thing starts happening or the last safe size before that happens. Don't remember which. (That's assuming there isn't anything else causing it. I hear poor quality cards can cause it.)

Either way, some games seem more prone to it than others. Nobody's ever found out a way to prevent it from happening other than using a smaller card.

Last edited by Cralex,

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember seeing things like this in the past. To fix this, I think you had to format your SD Card with 32 or 64 kb cluster size, but I'm not sure. Maybe that issue is already fixed, I don't know, but you could try that anyways.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Got a "The saved data is corrupt" error when I start Super Mario Advance gba -> CIA. Other games in the series as well as other gba games I converted work fine, just not that one. Help please.
Fixed on my New Super Ultimate Injector, which I have not released yet, but you can test if you want.

Reactions: ShroomKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too