ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GB VC Injector for 3DS

Gow supremo

I am playing my 2ds
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In the this porgrams
which is the diferenfe and who is the release date?

Ultimate blargSNES VC Injector for 3DS SOON™

Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS SOON™

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
In the this porgrams
which is the diferenfe and who is the release date?

Ultimate blargSNES VC Injector for 3DS SOON™

Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS SOON™

blargSNES is an emulator, and it supports both old3DS and new3ds.
SNES VC is Virtual Console, and it just supports new3ds.

You can play SNES games in your 3ds by those two methods (there are also another SNES emulators).
So if you want to launch your SNES games directly in your home menu, you can inject them into a SNES VC game (just like my other injectors does) and make a CIA of it, or you can "inject" in a blargSNES custom build, which reads the game directly "inside" the CIA.

In a few words...

And there's not release date yet.

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I manually changed face_cgb.tpp and probably stumbled upon why it's implemented in the GBC VC Injector but not here:

zjIsKrC.png

Sz4QQ43.png

Any idea where these graphics in the corner when you change color modes are located? It wouldn't be so bad if the bottom one that goes over the original Game Boy border didn't persist afterwards.

Last edited by SommenRider,
Reactions: CatmanFan

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I manually changed face_cgb,tpp and probably stumbled upon why it's implemented in the GBC VC Injector but not here:

zjIsKrC.png

Sz4QQ43.png

Any idea where these graphics in the corner when you change color modes are located? It wouldn't be so bad if the bottom one that goes over the original Game Boy border didn't persist afterwards.

Trust me, I tried so hard to get rid of that square. It's located in the layout file.
I tried:
Resize it to zero. Didn't work.
Move it to off of the screen. Didn't work too.
Replace it with the pattern that you use in the background (in you example) and sort of work, but the generated square is a bit blurry compared to the background, so that didn't work.

That square has an image format that has not transparency, so I wasn't able to make it transparent. Another think that didn't work.

Another alternative would be to modify the code.bin and remove that image rendering. I decompilled the code.bin but I wasn't able to understand a thing :( (maybe someone can help us on this?)

So what I can do for now is to replace that square with a black square. And let the user to make a frame but that frame does not have to be filled in all the screen. The frame should be in this way:

w2MzAyC.png

Again, this is the best I can do for now with my knowledge :(

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trust me, I tried so hard to get rid of that square. It's located in the layout file.
I tried:
Resize it to zero. Didn't work.
Move it to off of the screen. Didn't work too.
Replace it with the pattern that you use in the background (in you example) and sort of work, but the generated square is a bit blurry compared to the background, so that didn't work.

That square has an image format that has not transparency, so I wasn't able to make it transparent. Another think that didn't work.

Another alternative would be to modify the code.bin and remove that image rendering. I decompilled the code.bin but I wasn't able to understand a thing :( (maybe someone can help us on this?)

So what I can do for now is to replace that square with a black square. And let the user to make a frame but that frame does not have to be filled in all the screen. The frame should be in this way:

w2MzAyC.png

Again, this is the best I can do for now with my knowledge :(

Yeah, I also tried to modify the rom header so that it's seen as a GBC game instead (which means no palette swapping, but could possibly default to using DMG_COLOR_COLOR if specified, like here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/editing-gb-c-emulator-with-colors-read-info.420538/) but it just gave me a black screen inside the border. Possibly because 0x143 is hardcoded to be part of the title for GB games and/or the header checksum (I didn't try modifying the checksum yet). The documentation also mentions setting Bit 7 with Bit 2 or 3, so that would yield C2 and A2 instead of 80 and C0.

If there was a way to merge the official SNES VC code.bin with the GB(C) one, we might finally get that SGB compatibility everyone wants (probably not possible without extensive knowledge).

EDIT: I couldn't actually generate the layout.arc. I was using DARCtool and thought it worked, but turns out it crashes the game on boot.

Last edited by SommenRider,

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by angelhp,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do anyone know a way to play GB games (lets say Pokémon Blue) on VC using the GBC color, like in VBA?
1483832832-pokemonbleue.png

Maybe modifying the code.bin, or another thing I don't know.

Last edited by Asia81,

hofotureas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to disable the GB border? i like the unscaled screen without the border around it.

or
  • Easy made custom ingame border injection
would be great (black border)

Last edited by hofotureas,

ThisIsJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to add wireless capabilities to GB VC games? I'm trying to make Pokemon Gen1 games with wireless, but I don't see an option for it. I know there's an option in the Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS.

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know how to add wireless capabilities to GB VC games? I'm trying to make Pokemon Gen1 games with wireless, but I don't see an option for it. I know there's an option in the Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS.

And the banner for the gb injector...

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
New version 1.2!

What's new:
+ Added: Now when you change the palletes ingame the pallete swapping splash icon will have the properly pallete color. (see this)
+ Added: Option to make an injection with the new Virtual Console (that one which has no savestates and supports Link Cable if you have the correct game patches for that). Thanks to @Traiver.
* Fixed: Override the imported icon.bin flags with another ones, so the game will show on the activity log, and the parental controls won't be a problem.
* Fixed: Now everytime you open a new gbc rom, the program will auto-generate a new random Title ID and product code.
+ Added: Option to make 160x144 (GBC pixel perfect original) screen without pressing START or SELECT (but with black borders).
+ Added: Game recognition. Most of official roms (non hacks/translated roms) now will be recognized and it'll auto-complete game name and publisher.
+ Added: Automatic title screen and/or box cover download! Thanks to @natinusala!
+ Added: Now the random Title ID's won't match an eShop app Title ID.
+ Added: Progress bar on step 4.
+ Added: Now you can write two separate lines in the banner text with custom font and size for each one. Asked by @dbzkamehameha.
+ Added: VC SoundMultiSample option. With this you can enhance the VC audio quality. Useful if your inject makes bad sounds. Reported issue by @dbzkamehameha & @angelhp and solved by @angelhp.
+ Added: Now you can choose the message that we will see in the Home Menu when closing the game after suspending. Asked by @noctis90210.
+ Added: Native IPS patching. Now you can apply an IPS patch directly before making the CIA. Useful for use with GBA enhanced patches (just an example, any IPS patch will work).
* Fixed: Support for Windows XP (Now it uses Framework 4.0).
* Got rid of the interpolation mode selection.
* Better quality icon and banner resizing.
* Fixed the ampersands missing on the game name.
* Fixed the bug that causes line breaks on the Title name and publisher to become question marks.

Links in the OP!

ElitePowerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I make a game use dynamic SGB2 color palettes? I know Pokemon Yellow supports it, and this romhack of Pokemon Red http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/134/ also does but no matter what I try I end up with eith a fixed color palette or black and white.

I'm interested about this as well, how does the official Pokémon Yellow VC on the eShop do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.