[RELEASE] UAE4ALL - Amiga emulator

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cpasjuste, Nov 25, 2016.

Nov 25, 2016
  1. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    EDIT: So it works satisfactorily in version 1.43?

It might be a matter of deleting the config file.

The contents of df0-df4 are not saved in the general config. This is a choice the original author made I might change that in the future.

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 11, 2017

2. IpsoFact0

Member IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    WOW! a Vita emulator that's not Retroarch!!

3. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    BTW if someone wants to try out a great multiplayer game on Vita TV, here is a link to the PD Classic SpaceTaxi3 as hdf version and some other great public domain multiplayer classics:
    https://mega.nz/#!JQwXFDAZ!KaA2aFSv3O8Gpe1qu_SBljSxjrYhbxd7f1A1SZl0eok

This compilation was made for Xbox, but the hdf's work fine in UAE4All2. It is based on programs from aminet, but converted to hdf for easy loading.

Spacetaxi3 requires A1200 config and "Sprite Collisions" on (otherwise the taxis cannot collide). 3rd and 4th player can be mapped to keyboard buttons. 2nd player can use 2nd Joystick. The mouse has to be turned off, because mouse interferes with 2nd Joystick. Great 4 player game. Horrible graphics, but great fun!

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 11, 2017
  4. ArugulaZ

Member ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A Final Burn Alpha port without the added baggage of RetroArch? Ooh, Daddy likes! Will it be faster than the RetroArch version? Will it let you play games like Demon Front? Can you configure the controller for each game? This will be great!

5. cpasjuste
    OP

Member cpasjuste GBAtemp Fan

France
    Hi,

It is not faster than retroarch on some games, but some can run almost 2x faster when using the arm optimised m68k core. It also offer a few different options (like rendering options (shaders/filters), per game configuration, a "simple/basic ui"..).

Count Duckula likes this.
  6. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    @cpasjuste: That sounds great! I cannot wait for a non-retroarch FBA. I am getting weird issues with 180 degree rotated games etc. on retroarch FBA.

I posted an updated UAE4all2 Vita Mod, now version 1.44, pull request to you has been made. http://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

Changelog:

- improved contrast of virtual keyboard overlays (thanks to ScHlAuChi for new images)
    - added option to choose between US, UK and German virtual keyboard overlay (thanks to ScHlAuChi for new images)

7. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    Edit: new release

- added option to use autofire with custom control configs, can choose one Vita button that will have autofire, or set it to 'none' (default) to turn it off

8. cpasjuste
    OP

France
    I wonder if it would be possible to add you as "admin" of the first post so we can both make updates ?

9. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    I don't know. It is getting close to finished. I added all the changes planned. There might be a few bugfixes if some bugs are found but otherwise I think I am pretty much done with it :)

New release (pull request made)

- never save autofire button in config to reduce confusion
    - fixed menu navigation bug in HDF selection

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 13, 2017
  10. RitchieRitchie

Member RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Is it possible to change the sensitivity of the mouse in the original version? Was trying to play Player Manager and you I couldn't select the players I wanted. Just wanted to add i really appreciate the hard work you've put in, you guys rule!

11. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    It is already possible in the "misc options" menu to change the mouse multiplier between 0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x and 4x. If that is not enough choice, I could easily add more choices there if there's a demand for it.

I would urge everyone to report bugs etc. as "Issues" on my GitHub. It will make it easier to track and fix them in the future.

The latest new release of my mod is here www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

I see Cpasjuste has pulled all changes but the very last one from 1.46, which I just submitted.

So pretty much all the changes and enhancements ScHlAuChi and I came up with have now been made to the emulator plus some additional ones like multiplayer support.

@cpasjuste please before compiling remember to also update SDL-Vita 1.2 with my latest changes that enable controllers 1-4 on Vita TV, otherwise the multiple support will not work.

EDIT: new release, pull request made

- new, static, menu background
    - fix swapped "Quote"<->"Backquote" overlay keyboard keys

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 14, 2017 at 12:39 AM
  12. cpasjuste
    OP

France
    Thanks, merged !

By the way, demon front is working but is not running very fast :/ (~20 fps with sound and no effects)

13. RitchieRitchie

United Kingdom
    When installing a new version of the emu do you have to uninstall the one already on the vita?

14. lincruste

Member lincruste GBAtemp Regular

Not if they share the same titleID. It just upgrades the one you already have installed.
    Only thing you might have to delete is the former config file if you are experiencing bugs (it's sometimes true with retroarch).

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  15. RitchieRitchie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice!

16. Maverick81PL

Newcomer Maverick81PL Advanced Member

Poland
    This new background is ugly! Can you bring last background ar make choice for that??

17. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    Ok will make it an option to select old/new background in one of the next releases

18. ArugulaZ

Member ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe the background could be customized by the user? Just drop a GIF or a PNG or something into the appropriate folder.

19. rsn8887

Newcomer rsn8887 Member

United States
    New release, can choose between new (default) and old background. www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

- cleaned up display menu
    - added option to choose menu background

BTW: If you really want to it is possible already to put your own background, but a bit involved. Just rename .vpk to .zip, extract, replace data/background_static.bmp with your own bmp. Should be 320*240 resolution. Then zip it back up and rename back to .vpk.

lincruste likes this.
  20. Dlk

Newcomer Dlk Newbie

Canada
    Great emulator - it's almost perfect! Been having a lot of fun with it.

50fps games (Turrican 2 and Apidya are good examples) suffer from jitter. I think it's a performance problem as the jitter goes away and the game updates perfectly smoothly if I disable audio.

Also, some games are offset horizontally - if we were able to adjust the horizontal position of the display that would be cool.