[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    That's just his (arguable) opinion. People really like to turn their opinions into absolute truths.

2. ArianNuhan

ArianNuhan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    All in all, both games are same though. I can't say which is "better" without playing the new one. Ofc I'd say they're about the same. Still was hyped for some of the features such as attacking your opponent on map and the new music.Ofc I can replace the music with the original ones :) Then it'd ALMOST be the same, a fine alternative if I do say so myself.

3. M[u]ddy

M[u]ddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    Of course it's impossible to be completely objective, but I do have very good reasons to call this version inferior.
    Instead of repeating whats already been said several times, let me show you two quotes that pretty much sum up whats wrong with this versions:

4. the database
    OP

the database Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Unfortunately no, it's not feasible. Your easiest option is to buy a PSTV, as those are only $60.

The second quote is irrelevant since it only applies to 3rd Evolution. The first two games don't have the HP padding issue at all; I've verified them both. The only really broken turn bonus is the Zero Craft turn bonus, since it gives you a free S-craft. It's a shame that people see exaggerated posts like these and choose not to play the game, because the game is well received by the people that have actually played it. Another good post from someone that's played them:

But at the end of the day, it's all subjective. For Trails games I value the story experience far more than the gameplay, and Evolution delivers major improvements with voice acting and new images. But for someone that values gameplay more than I do, sure, I can see some problems with the changes in the Evolution versions.

Last edited by the database, Jun 20, 2017
    dmc310, TheQuestion, Snigs and 4 others like this.