[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    That's just his (arguable) opinion. People really like to turn their opinions into absolute truths.

2. ArianNuhan

ArianNuhan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    All in all, both games are same though. I can't say which is "better" without playing the new one. Ofc I'd say they're about the same. Still was hyped for some of the features such as attacking your opponent on map and the new music.Ofc I can replace the music with the original ones :) Then it'd ALMOST be the same, a fine alternative if I do say so myself.

3. M[u]ddy

M[u]ddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    Of course it's impossible to be completely objective, but I do have very good reasons to call this version inferior.
    Instead of repeating whats already been said several times, let me show you two quotes that pretty much sum up whats wrong with this versions:

4. the database
    OP

the database Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Unfortunately no, it's not feasible. Your easiest option is to buy a PSTV, as those are only $60.

The second quote is irrelevant since it only applies to 3rd Evolution. The first two games don't have the HP padding issue at all; I've verified them both. The only really broken turn bonus is the Zero Craft turn bonus, since it gives you a free S-craft. It's a shame that people see exaggerated posts like these and choose not to play the game, because the game is well received by the people that have actually played it. Another good post from someone that's played them:

But at the end of the day, it's all subjective. For Trails games I value the story experience far more than the gameplay, and Evolution delivers major improvements with voice acting and new images. But for someone that values gameplay more than I do, sure, I can see some problems with the changes in the Evolution versions.

Last edited by the database, Jun 20, 2017
    moethuta, julialy, dmc310 and 6 others like this.
  5. anonynamja

anonynamja Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Sometimes outrageously clueless people really make me smh

You may be interested in this: https://heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=249

6. veekay

veekay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Has anyone had any luck with the button remapper plugin working for this game? Seems to work fine with others, but this one there is no response.

7. the database
    OP

the database Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I just tested it, and it did work for me. I placed buttonswap.suprx in the tai folder in the root of the Vita, and then added this to tai/config.txt:

Code:
    *PCSG00488
    ux0:tai/buttonswap.suprx

ils likes this.
  8. Snigs

Snigs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    Hey everybody!

The database just posted the 1.1 version of the patch. It's only a change to the data.psarc file and should be save compatible.

It fixes some glitches with shops in the final chapters and includes a slue of updated translations so the dialog better matches the text.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Burai-ha likes this.
  9. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    I had just completed Chapter I without encountering any kind of bug. This comes at the perfect time:)

10. Stepperer

Stepperer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Don't have original files anymore
    Can I xdelta data.psarc from v1.0 with v1.1?

11. the database
    OP

the database Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    It has to be the original data.psarc, sorry.

If you have the physical copy of the game you should be able to get the original data.psarc from VitaShell (inside of gr0. If you have the digital copy, you would have to delete the patched version (back up your save files first), and then redownload the original game from PSN, which is definitely a hassle.

To support patching from 1.0 I would have to provide a separate xdelta patch, and that could get out of hand quickly if we ever have more versions. There were a few small variations of 1.0 that I uploaded before, so I'm not sure which version of 1.0 you have, either.

12. dmc310

dmc310 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    Awesome Job man just got my copy a couple days ago and this translation project on the vita is awesome man great work!!!

wakabayashy likes this.
  13. Robbie_Haruna

Robbie_Haruna Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Canada
    So I'm new to the Vita modding thing.

I got Henkaku, and the molecular shell thingy.

how do I go about this on the PSTV?

Step 2 says "Connect the Vita to your PC via USB." What do I do with a PSTV? Doesn't seem to be a way I can connect it via USB to a PC?

14. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    1. Use FTP
    2. Plug in an external HDD on which you will copy and copy back the files.

15. Robbie_Haruna

Robbie_Haruna Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Canada
    What's FTP?

Google gave me a variety of different things.

Also, would it need to be an External HDD? Or could a big enough Flash drive work? How would I manage files on the PSTV? If I can't drag and drop stuff?

Last edited by Robbie_Haruna, Jul 16, 2017
  16. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    FTP is a form of wireless connection established between two devices. You could connect Vita and PC through Wi-Fi.
    Anyway, it would be easier for you to use a flashdrive, yes(it just needs to be big enough). You can copy and move stuff to and from your Vita memory card using Vitashell.

17. Robbie_Haruna

Robbie_Haruna Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Canada
    Ah okay. I'll do that then.

I'd want to extract the zipped files onto the flashdrive root then right? Then I can move them about with Vitashell?

18. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    If you followed the guide and used the xdelta patches, then yes. You just need to copy back and move data.psarc and eboot.bin.

19. boroxs

boroxs Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Antarctica
    is there any new sidequest or new hidden quest for evo version?? if there is, when can i triggered it, especially for new hidden quest.

20. Snigs

Snigs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    No new hidden or side bracer quests, you're fine to use the generally available guides. There are new optional monsters to fight that show up in chests in the Tetrylic Towers, and if you play a NG+ the final dungeon has an extra boss you can find.

Burai-ha and boroxs like this.