[RELEASE] The BootCTR9 release thread

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RednaxelaNnamtra, Jul 23, 2016.

1. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Is the animation configuration file named correctly? [animationname].cfg for an plaintext file or [animationname].cfgb for an binary config, like its defined here.

2. RandomMan25XX

RandomMan25XX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    the animation i'm currently using didn't come with a config file

3. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    For the animations that are running to fast, try to create a plaintext config file to set the fps, and maybe it could also help fixing the other problem.

4. RandomMan25XX

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    i've made one but it hasn't changed the fps or anything

5. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    How did you name the config and the animation?
    If the animation is named "3ds.anim" the config need to be named "3ds.anim.cfg"

6. RandomMan25XX

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    the animation and config file are named the same as was specified in the guide you linked me to

7. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Thanks.I was wondering if that could be disabled.

8. Derpyderp

Derpyderp Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    So im running B9S and have a custom ini set to /luma/animation/anim and /luma/payloads/luma.firm and have put the ini file in the root of my sd and same for the boot.firm file and my anim files are in the anim folder but when ever i boot my 3ds it just shows a screen with boot9strap and then some text underneath it and the animation i have is not playing at all

Last edited by Derpyderp, Jun 23, 2017
  9. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    It seems you are pointing to a folder in your config, but you need point directly to the animation file

10. Derpyderp

Derpyderp Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    so then would it need to be /luma/animation/anim/<the animations folder>

11. Derpyderp

Derpyderp Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Wew finally thanks for the help i was going crazy not knowing what i was doing wrong xD

RednaxelaNnamtra likes this.
  12. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Awesome release. Works great with Gateway. Surprisingly, it also gets Puma working too. You still need to point path.txt to a .bin copy to get reboot patches to work right, but, it works. Nice job. Now, if you could just figure out what Salt's hangup is, we'd have every A9LH payload working in B9S (well, I haven't tried converting Uncart or AGBSave9, but there's really no point). I know, Salt is currently dead because the author bricked his device. I'd offer to take it over, having a hard modded device and all, but I'm no coder. The closest I get are my non-keymapping AHK scripts for pseudo direct movement in non-import PC APRGs.

Just one question. If, say, I wanted to build a second copy that uses a different .ini file, what options would I use in firmtool? The example commands don't seem to work at all. In case you're wondering why, I'm using mini BootCTR9 configs to fix CFWs that aren't working in other chain loaders (again). CBM9 can patch it in memory, of course, so I've already got that working with separate .ini files that directly launch GW and Puma. But I'm anticipating having this issue with other chain loaders. I know, I should probably just be like "you're using BootCTR9, because it just works" but my AIO packs have always been about providing choices (which is why I was hoping someone had coded an updated A9LH installer for B9S, looks like no such luck).

P.S. It's good to see that some developers actually care whether their .bin build works or not (maybe if said A9LH installer existed, more devs would check them).

13. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Currently the master source on github is not compatible. Since I have not cleaned up the source yet, I have not pushed the latest changes currently, but I will try to do it in the near future.
    Also sorry for the late answer ^^'

14. Marax

Marax Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2017
    Gambia, The
    My 3DS with Boot9Strap only Displays the Top display :c Help ?

15. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    that's how it's supposed to be bootctr9 can't display the bottom screen do to something

16. MidgeThePidge

MidgeThePidge Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Canada
    Prince Edward Island
    When do you think we will be able to have an animation play on the bottom screen on boot9strap?

17. Alex S

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    @RednaxelaNnamtra would you be able to make a build for luma 8.1? I heavily depend on the fixes added in 8.1

18. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    this build should work, but it seams there was a issue with the cache, which sometimes caused the unsupported location screen. Should be fixed with the next release.

19. Alex S

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    that build is the issue... its luma 8.0 and i cant use it because of that...

20. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    You could try his build, maybe it will work better, but im still within cleaning up the code, so there could be bugs ^^

Attached Files:

• boot.zip
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
    Alex S likes this.