• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 17,837
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Reposting this utility in the 3ds section since I don't believe I posted this in this specific section :P

Have you ever wanted to use your favorite PC mods on your consoles or handheld devices? Well now you can with this nifty converter.

The way this converter works is by loading up your mod's GFX folder and converts all of the files to console friendly format. Once the mods are converted then it is just a matter of you uploading your new GFX and the rest of your mod files to your system with your exploit of choice.

You will need a New Nintendo 3DS with CFW to use this since you will need to build and install a new CIA to use mods that come from this.

For a guide on how to use these on the Nintendo 3DS I recommend following this guide

Download | Virus Scan

Screenshot:
PP1HsSd.png

----
SOURCE CODE
----

D

Deleted User

OP
antibirth uses rebirth too
So does Afterbirth. You would need to edit the physical source of the game so it knows what to do with the new files. Antibirth is more then just a content mod. It adds new features to the game.

D

Deleted User

OP
wait what? "This time, Isaac will face our free and fan-made The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth expansion, Antibirth" that says the web
You can't use Antibirth or Afterbirth with console versions of Isaac. Not sure how else to explain it honestly. I spent months researching this and getting these to work. You're free to try if you want. But I can assure you that you would be wasting your time and it will just cause your game to crash. This is the same story for all console versions of the game with the exception of PS4(X1 doesnt have an exploit yet)that can use afterbirth mods.

The only external mod that has a possibility of working is Antibirth. But like I said. You would need to RE(reverse engineer) the game and edit its source code. Just like the Antibirth devs did on the PC version. At that point you may as well make an unofficial afterbirth port as well

D

Deleted User

OP
and any mod for isaac 3ds??
Any PC mod that is made for rebirth(rebirth only) will work if you convert it using this tool and pack it into a CIA properly. The 3DS uses the same files/structure as the vita version of the game. The only limitation is that it is a weaker system so you will have some trouble using larger mods

While this screenshot is of my vita. The vita is a lot faster to test on since files are simple drag and drop and dont need the whole CIA BS. Just want to show you that this does indeed work

R9D25aZ.jpg

D

Deleted User

OP
thats vita not 3ds, when i try to decrypt the cia it fails
the 3ds version cannot be modded
Did you even read what I wrote? Considering that you said that the 3ds cant be modded and that that screenshot is of a vita. No you did not.

The decryption is failing because you're either missing a file or have a bad dump of the game.

For rest of the information go back and read my reply.

Im not trying to be a dbag or anything. I honestly love that someone else is interested in this. However, if you will ask for help and more details but not read the help/information you receive and assume that you know everything. Then that defeats the purpose of even asking for help in the first place

Angelcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did you even read what I wrote? Considering that you said that the 3ds cant be modded and that that screenshot is of a vita. No you did not.

The decryption is failing because you're either missing a file or have a bad dump of the game.

For rest of the information go back and read my reply.

Im not trying to be a dbag or anything. I honestly love that someone else is interested in this. However, if you will ask for help and more details but not read the help/information you receive and assume that you know everything. Then that defeats the purpose of even asking for help in the first place
i made the dump with d9 xD and he decrypted it but failing at 99% idk why, and yeah i have some mods for vita too

Last edited by Angelcraft,

Wahrrelasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I have a question too: Is the resource.jp folder of my extracted RomFS just for Japan? Do I only need to copy my mod folder into the "normal" resources folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s