[Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by HiddenRambler, Jun 21, 2016.

1. HiddenRambler
    OP

HiddenRambler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    New version 2.5.1 is released.

@AnalogMan : Copying data between amiibo's is now fixed.

Jokkovitch likes this.
  2. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Lol, and I just finished working on ami² with @moriczgergo to do this exact thing.

Last edited by AnalogMan, Aug 8, 2017
    moriczgergo likes this.
  3. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    You can never have too many software ;)

moriczgergo likes this.
  4. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Basque Country
    I have a 4.2.2 Android version phone and currently I'm using Tagmo 2.3.1 as 2.3.2 and 2.3.4 didn't work for me. If new versions of Tagmo supported old Android versions - I haven't tried/checked it yet-, I would update.

5. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Those are ancient versions. There was a release just yesterday. Please check the OP.

6. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Basque Country
    I tried to install Tagmo 2.5.1 over the existing version -2.3.1- on my phone but I couldn't. The installer tells me there is a new version -it detects the older one-: "Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. The update application will get access to:...". I press the install button but after that the phone tells me in my own language something like "the application is not installed". It doesn't crash but I cant install it either.

7. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Sorry about that I think I messed up the the apk signing somewhere down the line. You will need to uninstall the old version to install the new one. You will not lose any data as such. you'll just need to reload the key file again. (hopefully you still have it or can download it again).

zantzue likes this.
  8. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Also, any plans to add this functionality to Thenaya? I know there's already other 3DS software that can do this now so it's not too important, I was just wondering.

9. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Basque Country
    @HiddenRambler
    I uninstalled 2.3.1 version of Tagmo and installed 2.5.1 version; that did the trick. As you said, I had to give the app the keys but it wasn't a problem as I have them. Everything seems to work properly until now. I loaded some amiibos, saw statistics (data)... I haven't written any amiibos yet but so far so good. Thanks!

Last edited by zantzue, Aug 8, 2017
  10. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Yes. Soon™

AnalogMan likes this.
  11. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    is the keyfile stored somewhere under /sdcard/android/data/xxx that i can backup it before uninstall and install new version ?

12. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Unfortunately no. But unless you deleted it you should have the keyfile you originally copied to the phone the first time.

FunThomas likes this.
  13. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    when trying to install tagmo 2.5 or 2.5.1 i get the error message like error during parsing of the paket -> does someone else get it too ?

i got an galaxy s5 with lineageos and the old 2.3.2 was working fine there

Last edited by FunThomas, Aug 10, 2017
  14. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    After you get the error use the "Dump logcat" option in the menu of the main screen. and post the logcat.txt file in the tagmo folder.

15. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    the problem occurs during installation so i have to search the normal system catlog using adb on pc but at the moment i dont have time, so will try later and report my problem
    only wanted to know if i am the only one who can't install tagmo 2.5.1?

16. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Others who reported problems were able to install after uninstalling the old version.

17. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    i had a problem to install with total commander from extsd (i got root access :( )-> moved *.apk to int sd and deinstalled the app before installing -> now its fine installed and will wait for the next needed amiibo to write :)

Last edited by FunThomas, Aug 10, 2017
  18. Senaphur

Senaphur Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2017
    Germany
    My issue is that i have no problems installing the apk, nor loading bin files or scanning my amiibo. But when i want to write a file and i use write tag, the new screen appears, but also a "Done" System message popup appears right at the start of it. I'm trying this out with a roughly 3 Year old NFC Card which i'm not sure if it's still working, but i'm not sure that this done popup is supposed to come right at the beginning of the write to tag (auto) thingy.
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+, ordered new NFC 215 Tags, but idk when they're going to arrive.

19. Buzbee

Buzbee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2008
    United States

I am using android 4.1.2. It's my only phone that has NFC. I am waiting for NTAG215s tags to arrive in the mail to try it out. The program installed fine.

Is it safe to try the latest Tagmo out or will I be just wasting NFC tags?

Last edited by Buzbee, Aug 13, 2017
  20. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    You can try the latest. It will either write or crash completely, the tag should not be in an inconsistant state (unless you move it while writing is in progress).