Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried using every version of Tagmo on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (7.0).
I've first loaded the unfixed key and then the locked key bin files, but when i go to load a bin of an amiibo, it gives me the same error for every single one: 'Key file signature does not match'.
I've got bins from different places and none of them work.
I've googled the issue and not found a solution.

Any ideas what the problem is?
Can anyone confirm this works on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and what Tagmo version you're using?
I'd much rather just buy them, but they're gold dust and being scalped online :(

Thanks in advance!

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm this works on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and what Tagmo version you're using?
The one on my S7 right now is tagmo_crashfix_ver.apk

SHA1 info for my bin files (not the content!):
0d1c771d8c836cd010cb06434accba2a5532f7f9 unfixed-info.bin
ad676ac04c6e7861924093654bd67ff4807ebc53 locked-secret.bin

Muetzen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try using Near Field NFC Tester from the Play store to see if your phone actually has NFC and that it is turning on. The s2 plus came in more than one variation and only one of those had NFC.

The other factor that could definitely cause issues is using any Android version before Kit-Kat (4.4). Google made a bunch of API changes to NFC after 4.4 so it is quite possible that TagMo needs to communicate with your NFC module using methods only available after 4.4 (although I don't know either way for sure).

The error you're receiving is a communications error essentially complaining that your NFC reader is not sending the data.

My Samsung is able to do NFC, i checked that with the Near Field NFC Tester.
I installed now a custom rom PAC-MAN-ROM, i get the same error.

The one on my S7 right now is tagmo_crashfix_ver.apk

SHA1 info for my bin files (not the content!):
0d1c771d8c836cd010cb06434accba2a5532f7f9 unfixed-info.bin
ad676ac04c6e7861924093654bd67ff4807ebc53 locked-secret.bin

where do i get the tagmo_crashfix_ver.apk and the keys ?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since nobody has replied, do you guys notice any particular version of TagMo to be more stable than others? I used 2.3.2 and now 2.3.4. Loading bins and writing tags works. Reading tags is random if it works and edit SSB data crashes the app. Has anybody had more success with 2.3.3? Or a fork? Pixel on 7.1.2.

Jokkovitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tagmo 2.3.4 on Oneplus 3T, edit SSB data crashes the app but everything else works just fine, flashed 94 NTAG215 w/o a failure.

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone still looking for a phone, check WalMart Clearance. The LG Phoenix 2 and Samsung Galaxy Express Prime AT&T Go phones on clearance for $25 at some stores. Both on android 6.0 with nfc and both work well with tagmo and ldtageditor.

w1ndch1ld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I grabed your version from Github and compiled it with Android-Studio. It's the first version, that works for me. I did write many nfc tags on my phone and all of
them worked on 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Thank you very much.

Used Version: Latest source from azsde's github
Userd Phone: Honor-8 with Android 7

Hey Koren23, I'm also trying to use an Honor 8 to do the job, but whatever version I use fails on me, the app just states "done" as soon as I start the writing process (nothing happens when I hold the tag to the phone) and the tag just beeps when I try using it in BotW. Was that how it was for you before you got it working? I tried complining azsde's version but I'm probably doing something wrong since the resulting app still has the same problem as before. Any advice? Or would you mind sharing your working apk with me somehow?

Edit: got it working. Seems the NFC reader is on the top of the device not in the middle. *facepalm* Nevermind then^^ Another successful Honor 8 confirmation from me then.

Last edited by w1ndch1ld,

Muetzen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IT WORKS on my Samsung S2 plus!!!

i got delivered wrong NFC CHIPS !

NFC216 dont work !
NFC215 work !

@mofukr ... u were so wrong with everythin you say ... your advices took me a lot of time !!
- u can do it with a firmware below 4.4
- the NFC could write the tag, but the nfc didn't receive it

Anonamiibo

Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some things I found when getting this to work on my Samsung Galaxy S6

1) Firstly, the bin files can have 2 different logo images when you click on them. You can either have a "full sheet" photo or a "broken sheet" photo (these are not the proper terms). See the
Screenshot_20170608-195444[1].png image below to get what I mean. E.g. The Link (8 bit) file is a full sheet image and is GOOD and will work. However, the [Breath_of_t...] bin files WONT work. So make sure you find bin files that work as these tags will usually lead to a 'Failed to decrypt tag' message.

2) Issue: Samsung phones not recognising tags. Solution:

- I updated to android 7.0(which may/may not make a difference, but I did it)

- Downloaded this file of Tagmo --- https://mega.nz/#F!9WJSHDAL!Si2pHDhT7jc6sC6RzDvuLw --- use the file that says app-fat-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk and install that on your device

- Make sure you download the unfixed key and locked key (there are other tutorials on youtube that go through this)

- Now I actually managed to get the tags to scan by turning NFC on and off whilst on the scan screen. It seems this refreshes the scanner and it scans instantly. Initially keep NFC on and place the card underneath. Nothing will happen and it will usually say 'done' instantly without scanning. However, turning NFC off with a 'NFC Disabled' sign and then turning it back on again should get it to work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170608-195444[1].png
    Screenshot_20170608-195444[1].png
    120.2 KB · Views: 291

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)