[Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by HiddenRambler, Jun 21, 2016.

1. LinkDiegoHylia

LinkDiegoHylia Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    Italy
    If you want I can PM you the compiled apk (it works on my Asus Zenphone 2)

Laylia11 likes this.

2. kidasquid

kidasquid GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Used t mobile galaxy s ii T989. On Cyanogenmod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kidasquid, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Stwert

Stwert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    Scotland
    I picked up a second hand Nexus 4 on Amazon for £35, which is about $45. Works like a charm.

4. BlackZero500

BlackZero500 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    After a bit of try and error i must say this works fine. The ssb mods wont even show up though the app would just crash but thats no biggie want to level them up myself. Finally dont have to have those clunky figures anymore. they are banned into the showcase now that i got my Amiibo card army^^

5. ratgrot

ratgrot Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Can you PM me that as well please? I've got a Galaxy s7 running 6.0.1 and I don't know how to github

6. UberMentch

UberMentch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    I would also appreciate a PM, I'm having trouble building it myself

Edit: Nevermind, got a compiled APK if anyone wants it. Should work without issue, worked for me on my LG V10

Last edited by UberMentch, Mar 16, 2017
  7. Typhoe

Typhoe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Hi, I have a Nexus 7 (2012) (official rom in 5.1.1). Trying TagMo latest 2.3.4beta crashes everytime I try to write a tag. I tried with 3 tag (all NFC215 from NFCShop).
    Can I ask what ROM you used? And what version of TagMo? My nexus is not rooted... should it matter?

I also tried TagMo with a Sony Xperia Z5 (on 6.0.1 and now on 7.0, all official roms), but same, the app crashes...

Is there a debug mode I can enable on Tagmo or is the only option to connect and use logcat?

Thank you

8. JimmyZ

JimmyZ GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2009
    Switzerland
    2.3.3 and 2.3.4beta crashes on write for me, tried two phones, MotoX(1st gen) on official 5.1.1, Galaxy Nexus on OMNI6.

fortunately 2.3.1 works.

9. Goku17

Goku17 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    @Home
    Same here - 2.3.2 works fine on Samsung Galaxy S7

10. Typhoe

Typhoe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Ok, thank you, then I'll try previous version!

11. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    I was wondering, has anyone tried reading/writing to datel powertag or namiio power tokens?

12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
  13. quantumboy

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    Any luck getting this build with the samsung drivers?

14. gummby8

gummby8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    So this APK works on my pixel, but ir write locks the NFC tags afterwards. Is that supposed to happen? I was hoping to just have a few NFC tags I could use and overwrite them as necessary.

15. BlackZero500

BlackZero500 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Read the whole thread and you know it. It is stated several times you can only write once cause then its an amiibo. they are not rewritable.

16. UberMentch

UberMentch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    As BlackZero500 said, they're not rewritable. I picked up 25 from Tagstand for about $21, there's discounts for ordering in bulk

17. quantumboy

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    any one know what the cheapest (maybe on ebay) android nfc compatible phone is that has been confirmed to work

18. Whimsical

Whimsical Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm a total technophobe but desperate to get some amiibos for my breath of the wild game XD

I have the tagmo app on my android phone, I located and loaded in the key files, and have the .bin file that corresponds to the amiibo I wish to write. I also have some NTAG215s, which I have verified with another app.

When I load the .bin file, I get the options Load tag, Write tag (auto), write tag (raw), scan tag, save tag, restore tag, and view hex.

When I hit write tag (auto) and scan my NTAG215, I get the error "failed to decrypt tag." If I select write tag (raw,) I get "source UID does not match the target!"

I thought I might have to scan the blank tag first, if I do scan tag first, I get the same results. I'm almost 100% sure the .bin files are fine, I'm getting them from the same place everyone else is.

I hate to be a pain but does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong? Thank you so much.

Last edited by Whimsical, Mar 17, 2017
  19. UberMentch

UberMentch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    From a previous page in the discussion

Fuller discussion on that issue is at the bottom of page 2

Last edited by UberMentch, Mar 17, 2017
  20. Whimsical

Whimsical Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Hi Ubermentch, thanks for your reply.

I saw that post (naturally I googled and searched the forum for my problem before posting,) By dump file, does that mean the amiibo .bin file? Because I am pretty sure they are completely fine. I have tested various amiibo files and they all throw up the same errors when attempting to write them to the tag.

21. UberMentch
    This message by UberMentch has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Mar 18, 2017, Reason: you can't link to illegal content here.
    Mar 17, 2017
  22. Whimsical
    This message by Whimsical has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Mar 18, 2017, Reason: illegal files.
    Mar 17, 2017