nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
banner.png
(Milestone 1)

Supertux Milestone 1 (v0.1.3) was the first project for Super Tux.

I has only the first world, Icyland, for a total of 27 levels with a final boss. This version of the game has a basic game engine compared to the latest releases, but it uses SDL 1.2 (after Milestone 1 the project swapped to SDL 2.0) and is not too heavy to run on a handheld consiole.

This port is b ased on the original v0.1.3 release, but uses resized graphics and changes in code to run in 320x240 mode from the GCW-Zero port of the game.

Note: loading time on the 3dsx version is very long. DOn't be scared of the black screen and wait until tha game starts.

The source code of my port is on my github (https://github.com/nop90/Supertux-Milestone1-3ds).
The compiled game (3dsx and CIA formats) is released on github (https://github.com/nop90/Supertux-Milestone1-3ds/releases).

Credits:
The original source is here: http://supertux.github.io/
This game uses the SDL 1.2 library for 3ds

Changelog

Ver. 0.1 (23 March 2017)
- First reelase in 3dsx and CIA format

Installation

In the zip there is a folder with the 3dsx and the smdh files inside, to be used with a homebrew launcher, and a CIA file to be installed with FBI. All the resources are included in the executable using romfs.

The game creates a Supertux subfolder inside the 3ds folder if doesn't exist. Here will be stored the gamesave.

Commands

- D-PAD : Move
- A : Jump
- B : Duck
- L : Fire / Run
- Start: Start level from Map and skip intro
- Select : Pause game and open menu
- Any key to select menu options

Known Bugs

- Exiting the game crashes the system (needs to force a reboot)

To Do List

-

Screenshots

Supertux1.png
Supertux2.png
Supertux3.png

Last edited by nop90,

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ah ah it's always a pleasure to see what you are able to port! Believe me when I'll have time I'll test all your ports and drop a HUGE thank you for all your contributions!! :grog:

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
THANK YOU!!!
I actually asked someone to port this before but they attempted to port the newer version rather then the older version so I say thank you.

Knucklesfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm a total noob at building for the 3DS and Supertux for 3DS, but how do I build the game from source? I'm thinking about making ports of some old supertux games I made a long time ago to the 3ds.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, I'm a total noob at building for the 3DS and Supertux for 3DS, but how do I build the game from source? I'm thinking about making ports of some old supertux games I made a long time ago to the 3ds.

If they use SDL, porting is very simple.

It should compile without problems just copying one of my SDL port makefile (just remember to change paths and game neme).

But making the game run needs some work.

Usually the game needs some key remapping. And screen size should be about the size of the 3ds screen. You can use bigger resolution and let the SDL lib to fit it in the phisical screen resolution, but the game will run slower.

If you're going to use romfs, you have to init the service in the main() fun ction and change the base path for loading the file (must start with romfs://)

You can find a lot of examples of this things on my github.

Knucklesfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they use SDL, porting is very simple.

It should compile without problems just copying one of my SDL port makefile (just remember to change paths and game neme).

But making the game run needs some work.

Usually the game needs some key remapping. And screen size should be about the size of the 3ds screen. You can use bigger resolution and let the SDL lib to fit it in the phisical screen resolution, but the game will run slower.

If you're going to use romfs, you have to init the service in the main() fun ction and change the base path for loading the file (must start with romfs://)

You can find a lot of examples of this things on my github.
Thanks man! It was actually a mod of a mod of the original game you ported lol, but this should be pretty easy. Thanks man!

EDIT:
I could also use this to port the last supertux SDL1 build... hmmm..

Alzter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice port! One thing though. The final version of Milestone 1 is 0.1.3. You did version 0.1.1. Please update your port!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, if you do update it, could you map run to X and duck to down on the D-Pad?

enderandrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necroposting, but upstream SuperTux has had some nice development over the past 4 years and it would be nice to see this port updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things