Hacking [RELEASE] StarUpdater - A Luma3DS Updater

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use this to just install luma? I have an n3ds with a very old version of aureinand and I'm trying to avoid taking off the back.
it can't rename the folders. My advice would be, get an FTP CIA and use filezilla to do your update to luma3ds (copy the new .bin and rename the folder, get the payloads in order etc etc). Then install the .cia and you can update from there in the future.

Edit: Unless you don't have one installed :unsure:
I don't think you can download files on the 3ds browser, can you?

Last edited by Hking0036,
Reactions: AdmiralToucan

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can't rename the folders. My advice would be, get an FTP CIA and use filezilla to do your update to luma3ds (copy the new .bin and rename the folder, get the payloads in order etc etc). Then install the .cia and you can update from there in the future.

Means he has to take his back off :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Means he has to take his back off :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Not really.
Also, why do you have such a stake in whether someone takes the backplate off their 3ds? I can understand why they wouldn't want to for such a small amount of files.

I also just remembered you can do micro SD management through system settings, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
A bit of an update on the project:

I'm almost done with the rewrite and the new GUI, and will probably have a beta build within the next 72 hours. Huge thanks to TurtleP for his work on the GUI with me :D

Also, something fun that I discovered earlier today is that StarUpdater can act as a backup CIA installer: http://hastebin.com/raw/yenaqubejo

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, something fun that I discovered earlier today is that StarUpdater can act as a backup CIA installer: http://hastebin.com/raw/yenaqubejo
LOL
and for the record if you're gonna have FBI injected wjchen's 1.X version is best... Great network install (doesnt bug out with SocketPunch when installing multiple) and you have no reason to update it :P

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: astronautlevel

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: opmas

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
can you please make it able to return to 3ds home
It does, just not from the home button :P
xOI5nf1.png

kikoola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the "update the updater" option on mine. All I've done thus far is "update stable luma3ds" is there anything else I have to do or will I still have auto updates from now on?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kikoola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I know you're supposed to put the contents of the zip folder into the root of your sd card but does the same rule apply for the cia file?
Not really, though it helps to keep your .cia files in they're own folder, but after you are done installing them, there is really no need for them. FBI even has an option when installing them to delete it after it's done installing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality