Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

Evilkyo51

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didnt know socketpunch was obsolete, I tried installing dragon quest 8 cia and the install failed just before finishing, now the space on my sd card is gone, and the game does not show up anywhere, anyone knows what to do the get those 3 gigs back, please help!!!!

7he6rim0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Quantumcat

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well fan-fuckin-tastic... is Boop going to offer a Java version like Socket Punch has? because I can't run .exe on Mac. why would FBI dev cripple it thus leaving non-Windows users shit out of luck!?
I think there's a Mac app with another name right now, sorry, don't remember exactly the name of that app.

Anyway, I'm updating SocketPunch to ServePunch next month, adding the servefiles and everything from the new python script. I've been working on it for a while, but it's still not complete.

I haven't been able to do so far, but I will update as soon as I get some free time, probably in March.

7he6rim0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a Mac app with another name right now, sorry, don't remember exactly the name of that app.

Anyway, I'm updating SocketPunch to ServePunch next month, adding the servefiles and everything from the new python script. I've been working on it for a while, but it's still not complete.

I haven't been able to do so far, but I will update as soon as I get some free time, probably in March.

thanks for the quick response. you'll be the saviour for us Mac users, for sure! thank you for all of your hard work and attention. \m/

Reactions: Olmectron

7he6rim0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it's called: 3DS FBI Link
upload_2017-2-12_0-56-12.png

but as you can see from the icon, it won't work on my Mac because it needs OS 10.10, and i only have 10.7.5 -- which is why your Java app was perfect. i could run that :)

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's called: 3DS FBI Link
View attachment 78065
but as you can see from the icon, it won't work on my Mac because it needs OS 10.10, and i only have 10.7.5 -- which is why your Java app was perfect. i could run that :)
Alright, I'll try to have the app working next month, stay tuned. Thanks!

rk2900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Do the newest version of socketpuch have the problem that transfer stops in the middle of the procedure when sending large (more than 3.5GB) CIA file to 3ds?
Thank you!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do the newest version of socketpuch have the problem that transfer stops in the middle of the procedure when sending large (more than 3.5GB) CIA file to 3ds?
Thank you!
Yes, it still does that.

Anyway, it's not compatible with the new latest FBI transfer method (servefiles), so I'll change it to that method when I have enough time.

An alternative right now is a program for Windows called Boop! Search it here or in Google.

rk2900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, it still does that.

Anyway, it's not compatible with the new latest FBI transfer method (servefiles), so I'll change it to that method when I have enough time.

An alternative right now is a program for Windows called Boop! Search it here or in Google.
Many thanks!
I'll try it first.

rk2900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, it still does that.

I've tried. Yeah, it worked.
Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended