[RELEASE] Smash-Selector

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Cydget, Jun 17, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

43.8%
  2. No

26.6%
  3. I didn't try yet

20.2%
  4. I wont try it due to the required luma3ds

9.4%
  1. Yudowat

Yudowat That one guy that shows up occasionally

Jun 12, 2015
    Australia
    Yeah, so did you not try changing the slot on Smash-Selecter before manually files?

2. ChipJockey

ChipJockey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Poland
    Here's the thing - I was selecting slot and launching game. Like - I have to choose a slot, don't I? Is there anything to do to select it?

3. Yudowat

Yudowat That one guy that shows up occasionally

Jun 12, 2015
    Australia
    Well I'm not 100% sure what the issue is... you seem to have done everything right, maybe @Swiftloke can help here.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Swiftloke has told me he can't help on GBATemp atm, but if you join this discord server he'd be happy to help! https://discord.gg/9zzpnrc

4. Azux

Azux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Deep Web
    Is it just me or when i try to use it with cia ssb it doesn't work..

5. Toyskyline

Toyskyline Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Canada
    Oakville, Ontario
    will there be a valid github repo? I use MultiUpdater to update everything and it requires a direct link or in the case of github a valid repo.

6. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    I read the first post but I'm still not sure what do I need to do to have custom music on Smash.
    Using the EUR version (with the 1.17 update) and O3DS with Luma's latest version.

7. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I believe EUR 1.1.7 has issues with SaltySD.

8. Rman1228

Rman1228 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2017
    United States
    I'm just slightly rusty with Smash 3ds modding so forgive me. I just reinstalled SaltySD as the new ips, and placed it in luma>titles>gameid. However, when I went to start Smash through Smash-Selector, upon opening Smash it just gives me "An Exception Occured" or something along those lines. I'm thinking it's my mods that causing it, but I'm not sure...Any ideas on what the problem is?

Last edited by Rman1228, Oct 6, 2017
  9. ssb4master

ssb4master Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    I have an issue with Smash Selector. When I try to launch smash 4 with mods, it crashes with a data abort. I don't know how to fix this. Could someone help me?

10. Owenge

Owenge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    The Void
    problem:
    Every time i try to boot a mod and check hash, it doesn't match... any help? :wacko:

11. ssb4master

ssb4master Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    What mods? I know Neos works.
    Wait don't respond to this yet. I'm trying mods right now.

Last edited by ssb4master, Nov 5, 2017
  12. ssb4master

ssb4master Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    I also have a problem. I can only load one mod: Neos and any other mod will just load Neos no matter what.

13. RegalSwordsman

RegalSwordsman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United States
    I can't load any mod. Help me...

14. Owenge

Owenge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    The Void
    ..... i don't think anyone wants to help anymore :sad:

Cydget likes this.
  15. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    If it's crashing on load, backup your save data with something like Checkpoint or JKSM, open Smash and hold A/B/X/Y, and reset your game. Then, close Smash and load it with a mod. If it loads, go and restore your save data.

If it's loading, just without mods, make sure the directories are arranged correctly.
    Should be something like Slot_# with a folder named animcd and a desc.txt (or was it info.txt?) along with some other stuff, all inside of the saltysd folder. I'd check it, but I'm on Ubuntu and my Windows decided to hibernate when I closed it last, so I can't see it.
    You will have to rename a folder, probably one named "smash" to "Slot_1" (or 2/3/4)

Last edited by JavaScribe, Dec 9, 2017
  16. ssb4master

ssb4master Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    That's what I had to do to get my mods to work. Now, I can load any mod that's installed correctly with ease.

JavaScribe likes this.
  17. G4bl0D

G4bl0D Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2017
    Chile
    I have a problem pls halp
    Ive used smash selector quite a long time and some day it stoped working enymore, when i select a diferent slot it doesnt loads and it just keeps the last one that i selected(neos)
    I checked if it wass something about the slots and nothing then i saw the saltysd folder where it loads the mods from and i discovered that smash selector just doesnt move the mods from the slots to the smash folder enymore (now i move the mods manually and its a hell waiting a lot of time)
    How can i make it work again?