Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Sonic2917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't working for me. I have the latest (stable) version of luma, and the latest version of smash selector and saltysd. Smash selector lets me select any version slot, which I have set to 1 (Neos Mod), but when I Launch the game, it only loads the regular version of smash.
Console information:
USA New 3DS
Luma3DS CFW
Smash Version 1.1.6

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't working for me. I have the latest (stable) version of luma, and the latest version of smash selector and saltysd. Smash selector lets me select any version slot, which I have set to 1 (Neos Mod), but when I Launch the game, it only loads the regular version of smash.
Console information:
USA New 3DS
Luma3DS CFW
Smash Version 1.1.6
Check your code.bin, something might be wrong with it.

Sonic2917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the "Download SaltySD" option in Smash-Selector first.
even after installing the .cia?
EDIT: I selected download latest saltysd, waited a few minutes, and I put my sd card in the computer. there is a .bin file present in luma/code_sections/ but it is the game id followed by .bin

Last edited by Sonic2917,

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even after installing the .cia?
EDIT: I selected download latest saltysd, waited a few minutes, and I put my sd card in the computer. there is a .bin file present in luma/code_sections/ but it is the game id followed by .bin
Ok, now take that file and rename it code.bin. in SD/luma, create a folder called "titles" and in that folder make another one named whatever the titleid for your game is, and put the code.bin in there.

Rman1228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to remove the SaltySD.cia from your 3DS? Salty is slowing down Smash and I can't play online without getting disconnected.

Rman1228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as well with it slowing down my smash... Can it be deleted from Data Management in Settings?
I checked a few minutes ago, I don't see anything there. I'm not sure if the problem could be fixed by updating Luma to the stable versions tho

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So my luck is definitely some crap. I have Smash Selector installed (latest version). I downloaded latest SaltySD; hash matches with the server one. Now I have 2 sets of mods: 1. My own mods (Textures, Music, UI) 2. Tr4sh 3DS v1.6.4

And here is my SD Layout:
SDMC:\Luma\Titles\<USA Smash TitleID>\Code.bin
SDMC:\SaltySDMods\Slot_1\ {These are my mods}
SDMC:\SaltySDMods\Slot_2\ {This is Tr4sh 3DS v1.6.4}

Anything wrong with the setup?

Also, my 3DS Specs:
New 3DS XL Black on Sys 11.4.0-37U
Luma3DS Stable 7.1 (SigHax / Boot9Strap)

Last edited by Gaming796,

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my luck is definitely some crap. I have Smash Selector installed (latest version). I downloaded latest SaltySD; hash matches with the server one. Now I have 2 sets of mods: 1. My own mods (Textures, Music, UI) 2. Tr4sh 3DS v1.6.4

And here is my SD Layout:
SDMC:\Luma\Titles\<USA Smash TitleID>\Code.bin
SDMC:\SaltySDMods\Slot_1\ {These are my mods}
SDMC:\SaltySDMods\Slot_2\ {This is Tr4sh 3DS v1.6.4}

Anything wrong with the setup?

Also, my 3DS Specs:
New 3DS XL Black on Sys 11.4.0-37U
Luma3DS Stable 7.1 (SigHax / Boot9Strap)
Is code patching enabled?

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Game Patching in Luma Config? Then yes.
Hm. Try renaming one of the slots to just "smash" and putting it in a separate folder on the root just called "saltysd", thats how my SD has the mods running currently. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what could be wrong, besides maybe a wrong file or folder name.

Tnertia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question, but where is the config file? I launched smash selector without the cartridge in, and now it crashes upon startup. My sd card is a mess.

Towerdepths

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Try renaming one of the slots to just "smash" and putting it in a separate folder on the root just called "saltysd", thats how my SD has the mods running currently. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what could be wrong, besides maybe a wrong file or folder name.

I tried that, myself. All that happened was that Smash Selector crashed and the system rebooted. I'm quite certain I have all the correct files, as well. Correct hash and everything, too.

My own loadout:

USA N3DS
Luma 7.1 (B9S)
Smash 1.1.6

SD Layout:
SDMC:\Luma\Titles\<USA Smash TitleID>\code.bin
SDMC:\SaltySD\smash\<Tr4sh 1.7.4>.

Would anyone know where I went wrong?

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, myself. All that happened was that Smash Selector crashed and the system rebooted. I'm quite certain I have all the correct files, as well. Correct hash and everything, too.

My own loadout:

USA N3DS
Luma 7.1 (B9S)
Smash 1.1.6

SD Layout:
SDMC:\Luma\Titles\<USA Smash TitleID>\code.bin
SDMC:\SaltySD\smash\<Tr4sh 1.7.4>.

Would anyone know where I went wrong?
I'm not sure if this'll work, but its worth a shot. Try backing up your Smash save with JKSM, holding ABXY while booting Smash to delete your save, load the mods, then restore the save after. This worked for me in the past, it might for you.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You know what, you don't need Smash Selector. I did this and it's just fine.
You need (assuming you have Luma3DS):
1. Latest SaltySD Code for Smash 3DS
2. CTRXplorer CIA (install using FBI)
3. A physical or digital copy of Smash 3DS (1.1.6)

Launch CTRXplorer and create a new folder just called "SaltySD" on your SD Root.
Now create a sub-folder called Smash
Copy all your mods to the Smash folder
If you have more than one mod, then in the SaltySD folder, create a sub-folder called Temp1, Temp2 and so on. Put the other mods in these folders. Also create a folder called Old.
When you want switch mods, copy all mods from Smash to Old folder and copy all mods from TempX (where X is the number of the Temp folder; eg: Temp1) folder to Smash.
When you want to load mods, just launch Smash.
When you don't want to load mods, then disable Game Patching in Luma3DS Config.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, you don't need Smash Selector. I did this and it's just fine.
You need (assuming you have Luma3DS):
1. Latest SaltySD Code for Smash 3DS
2. CTRXplorer CIA (install using FBI)
3. A physical or digital copy of Smash 3DS (1.1.6)

Launch CTRXplorer and create a new folder just called "SaltySD" on your SD Root.
Now create a sub-folder called Smash
Copy all your mods to the Smash folder
If you have more than one mod, then in the SaltySD folder, create a sub-folder called Temp1, Temp2 and so on. Put the other mods in these folders. Also create a folder called Old.
When you want switch mods, copy all mods from Smash to Old folder and copy all mods from TempX (where X is the number of the Temp folder; eg: Temp1) folder to Smash.
When you want to load mods, just launch Smash.
When you don't want to load mods, then disable Game Patching in Luma3DS Config.
Are you aware of how inefficient and bad that is for your sd card? The method you described requires you to wait for files to write to the SD, which is a nightmare on its own. On top of that, you are wasting write cycles which is just destroying the SD card faster. All you did was take what SS does and make it incredibly worse for anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr