Did this work for you?

• Total voters

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the game type to cartridge

You know, that doesn't make sense how that worked, but thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this tool automatically moving folders on the SD for anyone else? When I boot up a mod that is in Slot_1, the game boots, but without the mods.

At first I thought it was my fault, that I just mystically put the files into a folder that appeared on my SD root called "saltysd", but when I moved it back into the Slot_1 folder in "saltysdmods", the same thing happened again.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

If there's a way to fix this, please tell me. I am on N3DS + LumaCFW (latest) launching the installed title.

EDIT: if it wasn't clear, the file moving is causing the installed titles in folder to be booted to the home menu, for some reason.

Last edited by lgnmcrules,

hypershadic661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use this with the installed version of Smash 4? If there is, how would I configure it? I've tried farting around with the Version Slot #s, but I don't know what to do.

To say why I'm asking: Every time I try to load up a Smash, even the vanilla, through this tool, it boots me back to the home menu.
Try selecting the cart version.

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my error.
It's from the Makefile for SaltySD continuously giving me this error:
makefile:9: /c/devkitpro/devkitARM/ds_rules: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target '/c/devkitPro/devkitARM/ds_rules'. Stop.

If anyone knows how to fix this on a Windows 10 computer with Mingw, Python, and Visual Studio, be my guest.

EDIT: Yes, I have it installed correctly. I've even reinstalled it a few times.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I need help, pressing X for normal sm4sh doesn't work for Smash selector (FBI's titleDB) won't return Sm4sh to the default version and now I'm either stuck playing the modded one (modpack downloaded on reddit) or slot2 and both suck with lag because I can't access my sd card.

I have a new 3ds and any help is appreciated.

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, pressing X for normal sm4sh doesn't work for Smash selector (FBI's titleDB) won't return Sm4sh to the default version and now I'm either stuck playing the modded one (modpack downloaded on reddit) or slot2 and both suck with lag because I can't access my sd card.

I have a new 3ds and any help is appreciated.

I had the same problem a while ago. The solution is to put SaltySD to "enabled" and the Slot version to a slot that doesn't exist.

Reactions: GamerUnity

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I had the same problem a while ago. The solution is to put SaltySD to "enabled" and the Slot version to a slot that doesn't exist.

That works, but the main issue is that it doesn't go back to the default smash, thus character selection and going online is difficult.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It should go back to the default Smash. When I used those settings, it went back to Vanilla without the lag of SaltySD.

That's strange, as my smash selector often freezes the saltysd part and I cannot change it back to default. And I heard something about cachegen reducing the horrible loading times?

BenDishaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
so i have everything set up right. slot_1 folder, latest version of smash selector, latest stable build of luma, latest version of saltysd, and the code.bin in the right folder. every time i launch smash from smash selector it only loads the vanilla game. all i'm trying to load is music hacks.
o3ds 11.2 firmware
any idea whats going on?

Last edited by BenDishaw,

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange, as my smash selector often freezes the saltysd part and I cannot change it back to default. And I heard something about cachegen reducing the horrible loading times?

Hey, the problem is your Luma version if everything else is set up. You have to be on the release, not the nightly.

so i have everything set up right. slot_1 folder, latest version of smash selector, latest stable build of luma, latest version of saltysd, and the code.bin in the right folder. every time i launch smash from smash selector it only loads the vanilla game. all i'm trying to load is music hacks.
o3ds 11.2 firmware
any idea whats going on?

When you boot up Smash Selector, does it have the desc.txt appear in your Slot selection area? If not, you have set up your folders incorrectly.

BenDishaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey, the problem is your Luma version When you boot up Smash Selector, does it have the desc.txt appear in your Slot selection area? If not, you have set up your folders incorrectly.
it has a description it says what i named it. oh yeah. i should note that i have the default update file for sm4sh.

edit. nvm got it working. luma was being weird.

Last edited by BenDishaw,

tiggytiggy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bit upset I didn't get the help I requested, but I still have no luck with this, but smash loads, just without the mods. anyone else have this issue?

tiggytiggy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on Luma 6.6 stable? If so, then there shouldn't be an issue.
Not too sure, how would I go about installing a specific luma ver? If that's the latest, then that's the one I'm on

Edit: So I checked my Luma fw version: v6.6-92ec2af5, if it helps. but overall, I'm on luma 6.6 and have no luck.

YET ANOTHER ONE: Now it's crashing and going back to the home menu...

Last edited by tiggytiggy122,

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on cartridge or .cia? If you are on cartridge, set the option in Smash Selector to .cia. If it's crashing and going to the home menu, you are either selecting the wrong region or you have a bad SD.

You don't seem to be on Luma stable, either. Looks like you're on the hourly.

tiggytiggy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on cartridge or .cia? If you are on cartridge, set the option in Smash Selector to .cia. If it's crashing and going to the home menu, you are either selecting the wrong region or you have a bad SD.

I'm using the cart. i'll try switching the load option to cia and see if it works

Update: So I tried that, it hung on a black screen for about 20 seconds or so, then crashed again, took me back to the home menu. Could it be that I'm using different code.bin files besides the ones from the OP?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to say that I switched to stable, also, how do I know if I'm using a bad SD? I have an 8 GB micro SDHC, don't remember the company tho

Last edited by tiggytiggy122,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr