Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1.0 is here!
Adds:
-A completely overhauled UI
-Vertex tab, line tab, bounds tab and extras tabs for organization
-Editing the material of a collision (Line tab)
-Adding/removing ledges (Line tab)
-Passthroughs are no longer displayed as an X and a Y but now as an angle (Line tab)
-A new help tab with all the keybinds available
-Smash 4 explorer plugin now included (Just add the tools folder to your smash 4 explorer folder and the plugin folder as well)
How to use smash 4 explorer plugin:
Double click an lvd, it will open in the lvd editor
-Batch file for setting lvds to open in the editor, just right click any lvd > hit open with >check the checkbox for always opening lvds with this > search for the batch file and select it. Now you should be setup to double click any lvd to open in in my editor!
-Extras tab now includes the ability to edit final smash positions for people like Ike
-Rename poly's in the vertex tab by double clicking them
-And more!

Fixes:
-Poly addition
-Poly deletion
-Just about everything else!

Enjoy this update as this is really something big! This is truly a version 1.0 update as my last version was disappointment all around from bugs, the ugly ui, lack of features, etc. So I really hope this update meets expectations!

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jam1garner did sss.pyw ever work correctly for wii u (when dealing with things like moving stages around)? I can't get any of that working correctly with both wii u and 3ds ui_stage_db.bins. (I have everything converted though, so it does read 3ds params correctly so far)

edit: I think I understand what's wrong, will make the release my 666th post because why not.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jam1garner did sss.pyw ever work correctly for wii u (when dealing with things like moving stages around)? I can't get any of that working correctly with both wii u and 3ds ui_stage_db.bins. (I have everything converted though, so it does read 3ds params correctly so far)

edit: I think I understand what's wrong, will make the release my 666th post because why not.
Nah it never worked that well, I only included it just to get it out there cause I was putting it on the shelf

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds sss editor. Still buggy, and largely untested.
Known issues: you currently cannot disable/enable stages. The file gets corrupted. If you want to do that, edit "row 1" in param.exe (1 is on, 0 is off) for now.
stage_35 is a duplicate stage or something that crashes the game.
??? is Corneria.

Thanks to @Minnow for being a nerd pointing out issues that I was having, and testing(?).

Attachments

• sss beta 3ds.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 173

Jayster_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds sss editor. Still buggy, and largely untested.
Known issues: you currently cannot disable/enable stages. The file gets corrupted. If you want to do that, edit "row 1" in param.exe (1 is on, 0 is off) for now.
stage_35 is a duplicate stage or something that crashes the game.
??? is Corneria.

Thanks to @Minnow for being a nerd pointing out issues that I was having, and testing(?).

Thx bby <3

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
do you think you could do something like what KMP expander (A MK7 KMP editor) does and have it that you can import an obj and when you do that it shows an outline of the obj you imported so you can move the collisions to the right position?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think you could do something like what KMP expander (A MK7 KMP editor) does and have it that you can import an obj and when you do that it shows an outline of the obj you imported so you can move the collisions to the right position?

From my understanding of your question, I remember only that KMP edits only the collisions of a track which is similar to Smash in that the map's collisions are seperate from the actual visuals.

But that is only to my knowledge which could be wrong, but if it is correct then it would basically be the same except edited for the params used by Sm4sh?

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why, but the editor won't open up my LVD anymore. It JUST opened it up, and I went to make sure it'll open it again, so I closed it, and it is not opening it specifically anymore. It opens other LVDs fine, just not this one now.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding of your question, I remember only that KMP edits only the collisions of a track which is similar to Smash in that the map's collisions are seperate from the actual visuals.

But that is only to my knowledge which could be wrong, but if it is correct then it would basically be the same except edited for the params used by Sm4sh?
IK this is late, but this probably isn't possible for sm4sh stages because it would be trying to convert a 3d model into 2d collisions. There is always the option of going insane trying to pull it off though.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but minor updates to sss.py! I made the stage names readable, and added the disabled stages (thanks to @Jayster_2 for trying each of these). Stage icons should work correctly now (thanks @Yudowat for pointing this out) (not sure what caused them to be broken, but I rewrote the list and added an error handler for the "blank" icons). Known issues: any blank icons will spam the console if you are using that. Same issues as before (cannot enable/disable stages, will work on that soon™). Once again, if you find any bugs that aren't listed, please PM me, tag me here, or tag me in the 3ds rom hack guide thread (preferably by PM, but if you are lazy, I don't blame you).

The wii u version is untested, so it may or may not work. I am not going to work on this any more unless I get a Wii U myself(I just added the global variables needed for it to actually do stuff).

Attachments

• sss beta 3ds.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 210
  • sss wii u.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 199

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but minor updates to sss.py! I made the stage names readable, and added the disabled stages (thanks to @Jayster_2 for trying each of these). Stage icons should work correctly now (thanks @Yudowat for pointing this out) (not sure what caused them to be broken, but I rewrote the list and added an error handler for the "blank" icons). Known issues: any blank icons will spam the console if you are using that. Same issues as before (cannot enable/disable stages, will work on that soon™). Once again, if you find any bugs that aren't listed, please PM me, tag me here, or tag me in the 3ds rom hack guide thread (preferably by PM, but if you are lazy, I don't blame you).

The wii u version is untested, so it may or may not work. I am not going to work on this any more unless I get a Wii U myself(I just added the global variables needed for it to actually do stuff).

Sweeeeeet :3

Though I can't currently test it out on my Wii U, I did see that stage_255 is still a "placeholder", is it just due to time restraints or are they perhaps mysterious "extra" stage slots that Nintendo "forgot" to remove allowing my stages and would hate for modders to "use" them ;3 *wink wink nudge nudge*

Jayster_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweeeeeet :3

Though I can't currently test it out on my Wii U, I did see that stage_255 is still a "placeholder", is it just due to time restraints or are they perhaps mysterious "extra" stage slots that Nintendo "forgot" to remove allowing my stages and would hate for modders to "use" them ;3 *wink wink nudge nudge*

Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.