Hacking [RELEASE] ScummVM

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
new release of scummvm_mod (pull request to Cpasjuste made)
www.github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases

Changelog:

- Improved button map, R-Button for slow mouse

new mappings:
- Left stick => Mouse
- R + Left stick => Slow Mouse
- Cross => Left mouse button
- Circle => Right mouse button
- DPad => Cursor Keys (useful for character motion)
- R + DPad => Diagonal Cursor Keys
- Triangle => Game menu (F5)
- Square => Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)
- R + Square => Space ' '
- L Trigger => Escape (used to skip cutscenes)
- R + L => Return
- Start => ScummVM's global in-game menu
- Select => Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select => AGI predictive input dialog
- Select => Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select => AGI predictive input dialog

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Another new release of scummvm_mod (pull request to Cpasjuste made).

Now it is possible, with R held down or with super small stick movement, to really move the mouse pointer _very_ slowly if needed.

Changelog:

- Increased resolution of slow analog pointer motion

- Slow analog ('modifier'+stick) made slower

Reactions: VitaType

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Another new release of scummvm_mod (pull request to Cpasjuste made).

Now it is possible, with R held down or with super small stick movement, to really move the mouse pointer _very_ slowly if needed.

Changelog:

- Increased resolution of slow analog pointer motion

- Slow analog ('modifier'+stick) made slower

Thanks but there is no VPK file.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New release vpk here (pull request to Cpasjuste made):

CHANGELOG (of this modded version):

- Shader support done by Cpasjuste
- Fixed erratic pointer speed
- Added menu options to set mouse speed and joystick deadzone
- Added shader menu to conveniently select shaders. I think the best picture is still obtained with "mode = 2x" + "filtering ON" + "fullscreen ON" + "shaders = none," but the shaders are very nice, too, if you like them
- Compiled with Freetype2 (slightly nicer fonts)

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New release vpk here (pull request to Cpasjuste made)

CHANGELOG (of this modded version)

- R Trigger is now also shift, this enables "Mass Add..." button in menu
- The aspect ratio correction is now done in hardware on Vita
- The aspect ratio correction now increases the height instead of decreasing the width, if it fits on the screen
- If fullscreen is off, the screen is hardware-scaled by a factor 2x automatically if the result fits on the screen. This scaling makes use of the user-selected shader and the graphics filtering.

Last edited by rsn8887,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New release vpk here (pull request to Cpasjuste made)
Yet, another release? You seem to be really engaged with this project atm. Good to see someone beeing that passionate about this great project that brings us Lucasfilm Games, Sierra On-Line and Revolution Software games to our beloved handheld system:)
Do you know if there is any plan to add back touchpad (or at least touchscreen) support as way to move the cursor and clicking with short tapping/double tapping?

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Concerning touchscreen, yes Cpasjuste was also mentioning that to me, that I should work on that.

The SDL port on Vita doesn't support touchscreen yet and if it is implemented I think it should work in scummVM. The SDL driver just has to call the Vita2D library to get information about touch events from the Vita OS. I contacted the SDL devs about this, but it looks like they don't have much documentation about SDL at the driver level. There's commments in the source and the existing ports to look at, such as Android, and then work from that.

I might take a look at the Android port of SDL sometime in the future to see how the touchscreen is implemented there. It should really only be a few Vita2d functions to wrap.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: mindglitch

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes it supports Humongous Entertainment it supports all the same games as desktop ScummVM.

New release in preparation of merging with mainline ScummVM, at www.github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases

- Merged in the latest changes from mainline ScummVM as of 2017-02-28
- Automatic tab size in menu, more tabs fit on screen now (wjp)
- Fixed pointer speed setting 8 (was a bit too slow)

EDIT: For a second I used a different icon, but I changed the release to use the old icon again (for now)

Last edited by rsn8887,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste, can you chat with _sev in the ScummVM channel? He can give you dev access to mainline ScummVM. The vita branch has now been merged. I am setting up a buildbot for official Vita dailies. See my scummvm repo - I did a force push so all the Vita commits are squashed into a single merge. You could use "git branch backup" and then pull the mainline scummvm master to be up to date.

Some changes to the build procedure had to be made to merge with mainline correctly. I detailed it with a few changes to readme-psp2.md.

Basically, it is still possible to just pull the mainline scummvm and do
./configure --host=psp2
make psp2vpk

But vita2d_fbo.h, libvita2d_fbo.a, libvitashaders.a and all the shader headers have to be installed in the $VITASDK/arm-.../lib and .../include directories for it to work.

Last edited by rsn8887,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste, can you chat with _sev in the ScummVM channel? He can give you dev access to mainline ScummVM. The vita branch has now been merged. I am setting up a buildbot for official Vita dailies. See my scummvm repo - I did a force push so all the Vita commits are squashed into a single merge. You could use "git branch backup" and then pull the mainline scummvm master to be up to date.

Some changes to the build procedure had to be made to merge with mainline correctly. I detailed it with a few changes to readme-psp2.md.

Basically, it is still possible to just pull the mainline scummvm and do
./configure --host=psp2
make psp2vpk

But vita2d_fbo.h, libvita2d_fbo.a, libvitashaders.a and all the shader headers have to be installed in the $VITASDK/arm-.../lib and .../include directories for it to work.
Thanks for all the help @rsn8887 . I don't have a lot of time to develop this days as you may have see but I'll see sev (and you) as soon as I go back to "work".

See you later,
Cpas.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste: It's been a pleasure to contribute.

BTW: Do you remember what was the crash you experienced when you changed optimization -O3, -O2 etc.? How to reproduce? I remember you went back to -O1 because of some crash.

For the scummVM vita nightly buildbot builds, I changed to -Os to get rid of a crash when using "configure --enable-all-engines --host=psp2." There are so many unstable/wip engines added that the file size becomes too big unless I use -Os to reduce it.

I would like to test for your crash so that I am not getting that optimization-related crash you mentioned before.

EDIT: I think I found the culprit.

-O3, -O2 or -Os causes crashes on startup of "Full Throttle" and "The Dig."

Those are fixed by adding the "-fno-optimize-sibling-calls" compiler flag. Then everything seems to work.

The optimization flags "-Os -mlong-calls" are the best because those fix crashes on startup when "--enable-all-engines" is configured. Without -Os, all the statically linked engines increase the executable file size too much and cause a crash on startup. But with -Os the file size is kept small and there's no crash.

Last edited by rsn8887,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste: It's been a pleasure to contribute.

BTW: Do you remember what was the crash you experienced when you changed optimization -O3, -O2 etc.? How to reproduce? I remember you went back to -O1 because of some crash.

For the scummVM vita nightly buildbot builds, I changed to -Os to get rid of a crash when using "configure --enable-all-engines --host=psp2." There are so many unstable/wip engines added that the file size becomes too big unless I use -Os to reduce it.

I would like to test for your crash so that I am not getting that optimization-related crash you mentioned before.

EDIT: I think I found the culprit.

-O3, -O2 or -Os causes crashes on startup of "Full Throttle" and "The Dig."

Those are fixed by adding the "-fno-optimize-sibling-calls" compiler flag. Then everything seems to work.

The optimization flags "-Os -mlong-calls" are the best because those fix crashes on startup when "--enable-all-engines" is configured. Without -Os, all the statically linked engines increase the executable file size too much and cause a crash on startup. But with -Os the file size is kept small and there's no crash.
That's a good news, this should give a great frame boost. Good find once again :)

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
ScummVM Vita is now part of the official ScummVM repo. Therefore, ScummVM Vita nightlies are automatically built by the official ScummVM buildbot every night at 4am CET. The nightlies are always built from the latest master source code on github and include all the latest changes. In contrast to ScummVM MOD, the nigthlies are built with all unstable engines enabled for testing purposes (Starship Titanic etc.). Once 1.10.0 is stable, the buildbot should built a stable version automatically. Multiple changes and improvements are made to the ScummVM source every day. The nigthlies *should* work but there's no guarantee.

The nigthly buildbot version is always here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

(click on "Download latest development build" for the Vita)

The Vita Livearea graphics of the nigthlies do not look as nice as in ScummVM Mod, because the ScummVM devs do not allow distribution of the Lucasarts images.

Reactions: Pender666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup