Homebrew Official [Release] SaveMii - Wii U/vWii savefile manager

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
On the list of detected WiiU saves there are games missing, every game that requires a retail disc is missing (there may be others but I don't think so). Having turned MK8 into a an installed game via disc2app and wupinstaller its save is detected, though I had loaded it and then had an autosave before I tried using savemii so I don't know at what point that changed, again I'll check when I get back. This happens with every version of savemii I've used.
Actually, from your description it sounds like that it only detects a save that has a game installed. It's not a matter of disc or not.

I haven't had a chance to use the program yet so I'm not sure if it's normal behavior or not, but yeah that's what going on :)

Whitestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, from your description it sounds like that it only detects a save that has a game installed. It's not a matter of disc or not.

I haven't had a chance to use the program yet so I'm not sure if it's normal behavior or not, but yeah that's what going on :)

Given that it's either run from a disc or install as if from the eshop (I do not loadiine) then potato/potarto :)
Gaby's v1.2 mentions fixing it, so kinda normal.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Given that it's either run from a disc or install as if from the eshop (I do not loadiine) then potato/potarto :)
Gaby's v1.2 mentions fixing it, so kinda normal.
Not really, you might have a save for a game that's not installed. A game can be deleted while preserving the save file. In which case, the save file will no longer be detected.
But I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying the actual problem was not described accurately. It matters for devs to be able to pinpoint it :)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the lack of updates.
I'm currently way too busy irl and decided to hold back homebrew development for a while. Not sure when I'll be back, but hey, @GabyPCgeeK is doing a great job keeping this alive so thank you very much!

Reactions: lordelan

JimmyHats

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for your nice Work guys!

Was able to backup/restore and switch my Saves from Zelda BOTW from one Profile to another.
Restoring was only possible with GabyPCgeeK's Mod3 version btw. Anyway, no Saviine needed *_*

Reactions: lordelan

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Added support for "disc" saves.
https://github.com/GabyPCgeeK/savemii/releases/tag/1.2.0.mod4

Next I'm going to work on batch save backup.
What you're doing is just excellent work. Great!
As a final feature I really would appreciate some kind of cloud support (Google Drive prefered), but I know that it's a bunch of work as you would have to work with tokens, auth stuff and so on so take that as a "nice to have" for the future. :)
My dream would be that I could backup all the saves of the following once a month to my Google Drive:
  • Wii U games (installed)
  • Wii U games (Loadiine)
  • vWii games in emuNAND (USB:\nand\...)
  • GC Nintendont games (USB:\saves\ as far as I remember)
It's not that important if restoring for all of them works as long as their in my cloud and I can restore things manually whenever I want but batch backing up all these things would be fantastic! Maybe even RetroArch saves.
To make it easier for you, you could just add the feature, that users can add paths and if they do, they will be backed up to Google Drive.
For example I add the following paths in SaveMii's settings:
  • SD:\wiiu\saves\ (Loadiine saves)
  • SD:\retroarch\saves\ (RetroArch saves)
    and if you even support support wildcards
  • USB:\nand\title\*\*\savedata\ (Wii games saves in dumped emuNAND)
    this would backup only the savegames without backing up the title's data (e.g. for WiiWare games)
and once I hit the button they will be pushed to:
  • GDrive:\SaveMii\SD\wiiu\saves\
  • GDrive:\SaveMii\SD\retroarch\saves\
  • GDrive:\SaveMii\USB\nand\title\whatever\whatever\savedata\

As I said that's only a wish for a far away future but I guess I'm not the only one who would be f*cking happy with that feature. :)

Last edited by lordelan,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting "Backup failed. DO NOT restore from this slot." whenever I try backing up a Wii U save file. I've tried different games, creating nonexisting folders (where it puts the saves), all while Mocha CFW is running but no luck. I sent a PM to Ryuzaki_MrL, but he never replied. Can someone please help me get this working?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I've been getting "Backup failed. DO NOT restore from this slot." whenever I try backing up a Wii U save file. I've tried different games, creating nonexisting folders (where it puts the saves), all while Mocha CFW is running but no luck. I sent a PM to Ryuzaki_MrL, but he never replied. Can someone please help me get this working?
Try the mod by @GabyPCgeeK a few posts above this

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This application doesn't seem to be working on CBHC CFW.
it does on Mocha CFW.

@topic
I have 2 users in my wii u and I want to backup one save data from user1 and then restore in the same game for user2. How can I achieve this? cos I get a 'Restore failed' screen after I tried it.

GabyPCgeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This application doesn't seem to be working on CBHC CFW.

Are you using my mod? Since mod2 it's supposed to be working with CBHC.
releases https://github.com/GabyPCgeeK/savemii/releases

it does on Mocha CFW.

@topic
I have 2 users in my wii u and I want to backup one save data from user1 and then restore in the same game for user2. How can I achieve this? cos I get a 'Restore failed' screen after I tried it.

I'm currently working on being able to backup specific user and being able to restore from userA to userB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...