Homebrew Official [Release] SaveMii - Wii U/vWii savefile manager

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I use redNAND with an edited sys_prod to play Splatoon even after a console ban, so would I be able to copy my Save Data from my old account onto my new NNID or does some data contain info about the NNID, eventually resulting in another ban?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Last edited by pwsincd,
Reactions: lordelan

JimmyHats

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it does on Mocha CFW.

@topic
I have 2 users in my wii u and I want to backup one save data from user1 and then restore in the same game for user2. How can I achieve this? cos I get a 'Restore failed' screen after I tried it.

just change the user ID of the savefolder then it will work :) like "80000003" to "80000004" for example. works 100%

Reactions: september796

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i just received a replacement wii u from nintendo, they moved all my account info to the new console, but for some reason they didn't move my save files. I made backups for both wii u and vwii saves, can i restore them with savemii all at once? or do i need to run the games first, like with the old methods? thank you in advance.

GabyPCgeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
i just received a replacement wii u from nintendo, they moved all my account info to the new console, but for some reason they didn't move my save files. I made backups for both wii u and vwii saves, can i restore them with savemii all at once? or do i need to run the games first, like with the old methods? thank you in advance.

For the vWii saves you need to run the games first. For the Wii U saves that are from games in disc format you need to run them first. For Wii U saves that are from installed games you can restore them without running the game first but it's not recommended because you end up with undeletable saves (can only be deleted with savemii or ftp) and possibly other errors. In conclusion I recommend to run your games first and then restore.

Last edited by GabyPCgeeK,
Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the vWii saves you need to run the games first. For the Wii U saves that are from games in disc format you need to run them first. For Wii U saves that are from installed games you can restore them without running the game first but it's not recommended because you end up with undeletable saves (can only be deleted with savemii or ftp) and possibly other errors. In conclusion I recommend to run all of your games first and then restore.
thanks!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
For the vWii saves you need to run the games first. For the Wii U saves that are from games in disc format you need to run them first. For Wii U saves that are from installed games you can restore them without running the game first but it's not recommended because you end up with undeletable saves (can only be deleted with savemii or ftp) and possibly other errors. In conclusion I recommend to run your games first and then restore.
Just to confirm this, by "run them first" you mean "make the system create a save data first" .. right?

GabyPCgeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Savemii 1.2.0.mod5

Changelog

• Batch backup support.
  • Now shows game icon at diferent screens.
    • Small icon at game list.
    • Large icon at task selection and in task screen.
  • No longer using OSScreen text rendering. Now uses Freetype2 to load CafeStd.ttf through the OSGetSharedData call.
    • This means Unicode text support (Japanese game names, Mii names with symbols, etc).
  • Now user can choose which user account to backup (or all accounts).
  • Added "cross account" restore. User can choose which account backed up on SD to restore to which account on Wii U.
  • Now also looks for vWii saves in 00010001 and 00010004.
  • For the vWii the slot 255 now backups/restores to/from the "SaveGame Manager GX" save path. (the default sd:/savegames path)
If there is any error or bug please let me know.

https://github.com/GabyPCgeeK/savemii/releases/tag/1.2.0.mod5

Last edited by GabyPCgeeK,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Savemii 1.2.0.mod5

Changelog

• No longer using OSScreen text rendering. Now uses Freetype2 to load CafeStd.ttf through the OSGetSharedData call.
    • This means Unicode text support (Japanese game names, Mii names with symbols, etc).
  • Added "cross account" restore. User can choose which account backed up on SD to restore to which account on Wii U.
  • For the vWii the slot 255 now backups/restores to/from the "SaveGame Manager GX" save path. (the default sd:/savegames path)

Wow, that's an awesome changelog! I will be sure to test this soon :)
I remember you saying you would add batch support to mod5. Did you add it and forget to put in the changelog, or did plans change on that :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Savemii 1.2.0.mod5

Changelog

• Batch backup support.

What a huge update. Brilliant stuff!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Savemii 1.2.0.mod5

Changelog

• Batch backup support.

Batch works great!

Reactions: lordelan

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest SaveMii Mod seems to have gotten stuck for me.

It seems to have gotten stuck in the middle of a batch-copy operation, and I am worried about trying to force a shutdown since my main reason for hacking my WiiU was to backup my save data just in case.

It's saying the file was finished copying (110152 out of 110152 bytes copied) but it's not moving into the next one or giving any sort of continue or completed or anything message.

GabyPCgeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Could you tell me the "From" path. If you know what game it got stuck on (using the title id) could you tell me the next game in the list.
I've had to force shutdown a lot of times (100+) and haven't had a problem so it seems that the chance of damaging something from forcing a shutdown is really small.
After you shutdown it would be good to check the SDcard for errors on a PC.
You could try to backup again to see if it was just a one time thing or recurring.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the anything under /usr/ matter? By that, I mean would anything in the path contain some kind of key or snesative data, or can I just safely post that entire path?

GabyPCgeeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
example /usr/save/00050000/101c9400/user/80000004/
00050000 101c9400 - Game Title ID (Zelda BotW USA for this one) (It's the same for every person that has the same game and same region)
80000004 - User Persistent ID (This is something like the user number in the console. Many people have the same.)

After that is the folders and files of the save. If they are "normal" names (ex savedata.dat, game_data.sav, etc) it's ok but if it is something like 16250310037b7961a1d0700100c05001b.dat it could be sensitive.
I only need up to the Persistent ID.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then. It seems to be stuck at "/usr/save/00050000/1010ec00/yser/80000004/gs01110a0000150f0120520702b18c0292ab0281b893b3e793b3e7004300790062006500720041006b0075006d00613100000093b3e793b3e7.dat"

Not sure if I typed that all correctly, so here is a photo just in case:
http://i.imgur.com/4FtzgR9.jpg

And going by what you said... seems like it got stuck on Zelda.... and on the one file that would be sensitive to read.

I have the worst luck, this was the one save above all I wanted to backup before something happened to it :(

Last edited by Cyber Akuma,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...