Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ill take it as a yes then.
Any hints about this new exploit of yours?*

It uses SDF format so you can use SDF with the 3ds/cia files. I plan on doing some of this next week and reports are it works.
Let's not get into the habit of calling it "SaveDataFiler format", it'll only confuse people in the future. It's just a "fully decrypted save file".

*You should take that as a no.

JasonMoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, I just wanted to confirm. In root of SD card, i put folder-wise, plugin->game->savetool.plg. Is this correct installation?
Also, instruction says to press L to extract save. In classic mode I press L, it goes into camera mode. ?????
After 3DS logo shows up, I press L than black screen for a minute entire time. I ran MH4U retail card in emunand v4.3.0.
Green screen did not come up.
NTR1.0 boots up well because I see green flashes when I go to classic mode from gateway menu.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I just wanted to confirm. In root of SD card, i put folder-wise, plugin->game->savetool.plg. Is this correct installation?
Also, instruction says to press L to extract save. In classic mode I press L, it goes into camera mode. ?????
After 3DS logo shows up, I press L than black screen for a minute entire time. I ran MH4U retail card in emunand v4.3.0.
Green screen did not come up.
NTR1.0 boots up well because I see green flashes when I go to classic mode from gateway menu.
I had the same problem trying to use it with NTR1, wasn't able to resolve it unfortunately.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry about the noob question, I am attempting to interpret the first post of this thread to no avail. It's far over my head :wtf:

So, can I dump my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire US cartridge save that was created in Gateway Classic Mode (unreadable by my 9.0 GW emuNAND N3DS) and then restore it (decrypt first?) so I don't get the "Save data is corrupt" message when i attempt to use the cartridge on higher firmwares? Thanks in advance! :yay:

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry about the noob question, I am attempting to interpret the first post of this thread to no avail. It's far over my head :wtf:

So, can I dump my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire US cartridge save that was created in Gateway Classic Mode (unreadable by my 9.0 GW emuNAND N3DS) and then restore it (decrypt first?) so I don't get the "Save data is corrupt" message when i attempt to use the cartridge on higher firmwares? Thanks in advance! :yay:
Yes, but you'll need to delete the "secure value" with SaveDataFiler first before you import it.

The instructions to do so are displayed on the top screen, it's a simple button combo (Y+A for example).

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED!!!!
Thanks a lot man!!!!

How did you get the gateway rom save to export? Whenever I try to extract a gateway rom save it just shows up as "CTR Card -- broken --" in savedatafiler

EDIT: If anyone else comes across this and like me didn't read the steps here closely enough. You need to rename the .sav of your gateway rom to 000400000FF40A00.sav and then the CTR Card will not show up as broken. I didn't read carefully and thought the filename it showed was being used as an example, not that that's specifically what you need to name the .sav as.

Reactions: Margen67

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this work with gateway? Or do you have to install NTR? damn it, when is gateway gonna fix the savadatafiler error when trying to import saves to card2 games like Pokemon X/Y, ORAS.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can this work with gateway? Or do you have to install NTR? damn it, when is gateway gonna fix the savadatafiler error when trying to import saves to card2 games like Pokemon X/Y, ORAS.
No. You need to use NTR2.

What SaveDataFiler error are you talking about? I've been able to successfully import saves to both X/Y and ORAS on a number of occasions with no issues whatsoever.

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You need to use NTR2.

What SaveDataFiler error are you talking about? I've been able to successfully import saves to both X/Y and ORAS on a number of occasions with no issues whatsoever.

In emunand on gateway, the retail cartridge doesn't even show up in savedatafiler. If I try classic mode I can't even use cia's. It's retarded, gateway needs to fix their shit.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to migrate a savegame from a retail cartridge to a preinstalled game (which is the same as a legit .CIA, I guess) using this plugin?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it possible to migrate a savegame from a retail cartridge to a preinstalled game (which is the same as a legit .CIA, I guess) using this plugin?
yeah it should work, just hold the button to export when launching the cart, then hold the button to import when starting the cia version

Reactions: d0k3

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this to dump my Mario Kart 7 retail save to use with a legit cia on my N3DS. I know that this doesn't work on a N3DS and I would have to transfer the dumped save from my O3DS to my N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended