Not open for further replies.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still use Gateway
I paid 50 euros ffs
The difference with Gateway is that they may lack a lot of features but at least they still make updates when their stuff stops working after a firmware update. So unlike rxTools, it isn't dead (though some may argue that it should). And the rxTools fans who answer "but it didn't need any update, it still works fine on 11.1" didn't understand...

Reactions: astronautlevel

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I thought about hacking my 3ds back in December...I wanted to buy a Gateway because it was easier but someone convinced me to follow the tutorial to install Rxtools instead...

And then I switched to Aureinand and then Luma...3months later...:P

Last edited by Amapola62,

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
RxTools is still working atm but we don't know is the futur what can happened, it is strongly recomended to switch to luna. btw, if you have setup correctly your RxTools and don't want to change you can keep it atm, but remember that it can stop working at next update.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I bought it when gateway announced 9.2 support through the browser, before rxtools
Whatever, If you're ok with current setting for your 3DS, it's your choice.
Unlike rxtools, GW said it themselves that they will contiune their support so I think it's ok to keep using it.

Last edited by nechigawara,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought it when gateway announced 9.2 support through the browser, before rxtools
Same here... At least we supported the creators of the original exploits (I think all other exploits were, and most of them still are, based on Gateway's)
And .3ds files are more convenient than .cia files anyway.

Reactions: Madridi

Rinzaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently looking to buy a 3ds off of craigslist or offerup and I'm new to using home brew options what is the highest firmware I should be aiming to get that way I don't waste my money on one that just went over.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently looking to buy a 3ds off of craigslist or offerup and I'm new to using home brew options what is the highest firmware I should be aiming to get that way I don't waste my money on one that just went over.

I advise you, if it's a New 3DS, get that one. Old one is ok too, but you have some restrictions in Hyrule Warriors and even some New 3DS only titles and NTR streaming.
9.2 is the best way to go and use A9LH + Luma3DS. I myself use Menuhax + emuNAND Luma3DS, but it's up to you.

Also, rxTools is dead, that's why you use Luma3DS.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Rinzaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I advise you, if it's a New 3DS, get that one. Old one is ok too, but you have some restrictions in Hyrule Warriors and even some New 3DS only titles and NTR streaming.
9.2 is the best way to go and use A9LH + Luma3DS. I myself use Menuhax + emuNAND Luma3DS, but it's up to you.

Also, rxTools is dead, that's why you use Luma3DS.
My friend uses RX tools and just got the new pokemon games main reason why I want to get this, how is it dead? no more updates you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?