Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It boggles the mind how there can be fighting/fanboism between firmware users on the same system.

That's some serious first world shit right there.
Want to know a little secret of mine ? Until we ported 10.5 emunand to N3DS to RxTools, I used Reinand to boot my emunand ;) was that a terrible experience ? Absolutely not, the only discomfort I had with it was that I needed to hold B at boot to autoboot Reinand instead of RxTools, the actual CFW is well done in my opinion, it doesn't have some stuff that RxMode has, but it is not too useful for most people so It's fine. Long story short, I don't care whatever CFW you use, you like RxTools menu theme and other functions ? Stick with it if you wish. Rather use Reinand's straight forward Ness and ease of setup ? Perfectly fine in my books. On the other hand, I deem it highly unrespectful and distasteful for people to argue what is the best CFW in any of the main CFWs thread (and in general, but that's another story) if you REALLY wish to defend your CFW, do it in the edge of the forum, where you are free (ish) to argue all you want about which one is best. So please, people who rather use reinand, rxtools, cakes instead of the other two, don't argue about why they are better or who is right/wrong in this thread, thanks :)

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
I just committed a nice feature suggested by @x7l7j8cc :

If you have autoboot enabled
  • Hold L to boot the GUI (like before)
  • Hold Y to boot the emuNand
  • Hold X to boot the sysNand
  • Hold B to boot the PastaMode

Please note: this bypasses the "Autoboot into sysNAND" option, so even if you have it enabled, holding Y will boot emunand anyways.

Please note: If you don't hold anything, it will act like always (autoboot if set in settings, sys boot if set in settings etc)

Last edited by AlbertoSONIC,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Please note: this bypasses the "Autoboot into sysNAND" option, so even if you have it enabled, holding Y will boot emunand anyways.
Damned!
I just compiled rxTools 30 minutes ago and placed it on all 5 systems :P
Anyway think i'll skip this one, if it's the only change. i autoboot into rxTools with ctrbootmanager straight to emunand!

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Can I still use my autoboot bootCtr without holding anything to emuNand with these changes?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Can I still use my autoboot bootCtr without holding anything to emuNand with these changes?
Yes. I tried it several times(not to try it but I restarted the 3DS several times so, there). If you are in CtrBootManager and you simply hold X while loading, it will launch sysNAND, if you hold B it will launch Pasta and if you hold Y it will launch emuNAND, which will be auto-launched(emuNAND) whether you wait, press A(inside CtrBootManager) or hold Y.

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes. I tried it several times(not to try it but I restarted the 3DS several times so, there). If you are in CtrBootManager and you simply hold X while loading, it will launch sysNAND, if you hold B it will launch Pasta and if you hold Y it will launch emuNAND, which will be auto-launched(emuNAND) whether you wait, press A(inside CtrBootManager) or hold Y.
alright, thank you!

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know is this is the right place to ask this but...
I've just installed RXtools in my new 3ds xl (10.5 emunand)
It works fine but I have an extrange black square at the home menu. Is it normal? It doesn't show in reinand so I'm thinking it may be some kind of bad tittle installed that only rxtools can see...

Thanks in advantage

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country

Shouldn't you have Y be the default too (meaning if you press nothing you go into emunand)?
This would be great for those who need to go to Pastamode occasionally, but otherwise go to emunand most of the time

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Shouldn't you have Y be the default too (meaning if you press nothing you go into emunand)?
This would be great for those who need to go to Pastamode occasionally, but otherwise go to emunand most of the time
This is what happens... Did you check my post above?

Reactions: Pacman`

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys i need some help:

I've Instaled the new rxtools pack 3.0 beta 2 , on my one of my 3ds and i got black screen after, install is sucefful, i dont know what happened, i put the "firm" path on my SD card and copy/paste rxtools path on sd, correctly but dont know what happened, please someone can help me for this??

Sorry for my english lol

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got a big scare...after updating to yesterday's nightly build, the data suite installation went fine, and emunand opened, but i got a big "nintendo error message" as soon as i inserted Final Fantasy III in the cartridge slot. I switched off the 3ds and on the subsequent 2 reboots "sd card data could not be accessed" with automatic boot to sysnand. (I use a samsung evo 64gb micro sdxc in its dedicated adapter but had no issues until then). I then put the card in my computer to check if it was corrupted. It wasn't apparently. I made a back up in-case. Re-put it in my 3dsxl, it booted normally this time. Then I tried booting with FF3 inserted, it worked, i also tried to run it from emunand, with success. Any idea what might have happened there?

Ps: I made an Emunand back-up just in case.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i need some help:

I've Instaled the new rxtools pack 3.0 beta 2 , on my one of my 3ds and i got black screen after, install is sucefful, i dont know what happened, i put the "firm" path on my SD card and copy/paste rxtools path on sd, correctly but dont know what happened, please someone can help me for this??

Sorry for my english lol
That build is really old.

Go here for the latest nightly:
https://lavanoid.github.io

Got a big scare...after updating to yesterday's nightly build, the data suite installation went fine, and emunand opened, but i got a big "nintendo error message" as soon as i inserted Final Fantasy III in the cartridge slot. I switched off the 3ds and on the subsequent 2 reboots "sd card data could not be accessed" with automatic boot to sysnand. (I use a samsung evo 64gb micro sdxc in its dedicated adapter but had no issues until then). I then put the card in my computer to check if it was corrupted. It wasn't apparently. I made a back up in-case. Re-put it in my 3dsxl, it booted normally this time. Then I tried booting with FF3 inserted, it worked, i also tried to run it from emunand, with success. Any idea what might have happened there?

Ps: I made an Emunand back-up just in case.
The SD error message probably means it needs to be played on a higher firmware version than currently installed. It usually happens when you try to play a game that requires 9.6 or higher and that game can't decrypt something because you are on a firmware that doesn't know the keys like an eShop game that uses seed decryption being played on 9.5 or lower since seed decryption was introduced on 9.6

Last edited by ccfman2004,

TheZGamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone tell me what's new about the latest nightly build of RxTools e2c1e58? I just updated from RxTools beta 3.0 (recent one that came out a few days ago) and I just want to know if there are any fixes/new features in the latest. Edit: Also I should mention it's on a N3DS

Last edited by TheZGamer101,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know is this is the right place to ask this but...
I've just installed RXtools in my new 3ds xl (10.5 emunand)
It works fine but I have an extrange black square at the home menu. Is it normal? It doesn't show in reinand so I'm thinking it may be some kind of bad tittle installed that only rxtools can see...

Thanks in advantage
I also have that and I don't know what it is. It even reappears sometimes, like a new present. It's not there on Reinand.

I REPEAT. rxTools for n3DS DOES NOT have region free.

• Region free on both o3ds and n3ds
On that. I just installed a title on my e33c2c4 build that I definitely know for a fact is absolutely not patched - it's one of the US GBA ambassador games (on my EUR console). Of course it doesn't start on rxTools yet because of AGB not working, but it appears in home menu while it doesn't in Reinand (unless using NTR or FMP, that is).

So, there are two possibilities - either region free was committed just hours after the first rxtools 3.0 beta release, thus not working at the beginning but working now, or the people reporting that out of region games don't work did something wrong.

So @reiyu can you maybe try updating to the latest build and try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr