Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
always hate asking but will the release of 2.3 be tomorrow with it fixing 9.6? Too hyped for mewtwo and i don't want to miss it on release which could be any day now
Tomorrow i should have some free time. So i cannot tell, i need to port and finish some things, but i can release a quick update for 9.6.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i can do that too
PHOTO_20150324_024317.jpg

but i guess roxas wouldn't be up to to such trickery XD

Reactions: Margen67

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can do that too
PHOTO_20150324_024317.jpg

but i guess roxas wouldn't be up to to such trickery XD

HOW DO DO THAT??? ARE YOU SECRETLY WORKING WITH THE ILLUMINATI??? *plays X Files theme*

But seriously, how do you do that (pls post pictures on how or a video or a highly noob friendly tutorial pl0x all help is appreciated)?

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
I don't know you're releasing the source code of rxTools excluding the CFW side.
By the way, I think you don't have to make versions excluding the CFW side unless rxMode code is highly integrated to other parts.
By releasing rxMode code as object file, you can hide the CFW side.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
HOW DO DO THAT??? ARE YOU SECRETLY WORKING WITH THE ILLUMINATI??? *plays X Files theme*

But seriously, how do you do that (pls post pictures on how or a video or a highly noob friendly tutorial pl0x all help is appreciated)?
its just updating the Cver and Nver titles by installing the cia files for them, depends on the region and model of your console

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't nds mode work on rxMode? I figured that since it doesn't use the MSET exploit then it would work, but it doesn't...

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why doesn't nds mode work on rxMode? I figured that since it doesn't use the MSET exploit then it would work, but it doesn't...
The way EmuNAND works, the system is told to look for the 3DS firmware on the SD Card (NAND redirection). The firmware in the 3DS that is used to run DS games and DSiWare is called TWL_FIRM. For DS games and DSiWare to work in EmuNAND, the system would have to be told to look for the TWL_FIRM on the SD Card (TWL_FIRM would have to be redirected to SD Card). For some reason, it hasn't been done yet. Right now, what happens when you launch a DS game from EmuNAND is the system pretty much uses the TWL_FIRM that is located on the 3DS (because TWL_FIRM redirection hasn't been implemented). I don't know why exactly, but the TWL_FIRM on the 3DS doesn't find the game that was launched in EmuNAND. Atleast, that's what I understood from someone's explanation awhile back. There's probably more to it though, since patching the system for TWL_FIRM redirection should be fairly easy (for devs that understand the coding and all behind EmuNAND)

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know you're releasing the source code of rxTools excluding the CFW side.
By the way, I think you don't have to make versions excluding the CFW side unless rxMode code is highly integrated to other parts.
By releasing rxMode code as object file, you can hide the CFW side.
It's not as easy as that.
The two are strictly bonded.

Btw, just to be clear, i was not joking.
I'll try to build a quick update today.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updated to 2.2.1!
  • Added support for emuNAND 9.6
  • rxMode now sets his essential data the first time you boot it, so all the next times it will took less than a second to boot.
Remember to re-download firmware.bin with cdn_firm in the package! rxMode now uses a new firm as base.
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.