Homebrew [Release] RestoreLFCS - Restore your LFCS data stored in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is discontinued, use this instead.

This program, like the title says, simply deletes your current LocalFriendCodeSeed in NAND and restores your LocalFriendCodeSeed data stored in memory. This may be useful incase you were using a private/public seed, and lost hold of your original seed and wanted to restore for some reason. Also, please don't ask me where to get the seeds, this program has nothing to do with injecting other seeds.
Purpose: This program makes keeping backups of your original LFCS obsolete.​

xTxz2wP.png

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/RestoreLFCS/releases

Credits:
BenCat07 for testing and reporting

Last edited by Joel16,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure where exactly, but IIRC it's stored in the memory initialized by the bootrom. I did have someone test this with their current LFCS by breaking their rsa signature, and they used this to restore it successfully.
So... you've written an application and you don't really know how it works? And it did work once on a test?! Wow, that doesn't really makes sense to me.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... you've written an application and you don't really know how it works? And it did work once on a test?! Wow, that doesn't really makes sense to me.

Wtf? I don't think you know how programming works, just because I don't know where exactly a certain file is stored in memory doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I do know 100% what I'm doing here with this program. All it's doing is deleting your LFCS_B in nand (Nandrw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B) and then recreates using the LFCS_B that was stored in memory, using CFGI's DeleteCreateNANDLocalFriendCodeSeed.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Joel's understanding of how the app works with regards to memory is completely correct. In addition, Joel thoroughly tested this program and has proven to be an extremely competent developer.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is VERY useful, I thought my origial seed was gone forever since I have no backup of it. I didn't know it was right under my nose the whole entire time : p
This makes it easier to jump to public seeds, all while keeping your original seed safe and sound. Knowing that you can easily fall back to your original seed using this app.
I love your work as always Joel16

Last edited by MattKimura,

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purpose: This program makes keeping backups of your original LFCS obsolete.​

xTxz2wP.png

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/RestoreLFCS/releases

Credits:
BenCat07 for testing and reporting
Can you add and option to backup Nandrw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and/or Nandrw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_A (yes, A is a thing) to somewhere on the SD card, if it exists?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add and option to backup Nandrw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and/or Nandrw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_A (yes, A is a thing) to somewhere on the SD card, if it exists?

Doesn't GM9/Decrypt9 already do this?
Either way I'm working on a tool with more things like this, one with an actual GUI this time (maybe).

mogery

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How is the original LFCS stored in memory when you've replaced it with a public one? Is it burned into the bootrom?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean to say public, but still, how is the previous one there?

I've already explained this.
According to 3DBrew your LFCS data is stored in memory, initalized by the bootrom. All this is doing is deleting your current LFCS in nandrw/sys, then uses the data stored in memory to recreate a new one.

This also the reason why 3DSident displays your old LFCS, even if you inject one that's not yours. Because the function it uses is reading from memory, and not from nand.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like a teacher on his report card! :P:teach:

Edit: Funny how people (including you @Zidapi) actually liked the dude's comment when he himself doesn't even know what he's talking about.
Anyways, Astro's a good friend, we talk often with other developers who have made amazing contributions towards the scene.

Also, while I'm here, I'm planning on expanding this to something more like a recovery tool.

wuTZfbs.png
0kkgxdw.png

Last edited by Joel16,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funny how people (including you @Zidapi) actually liked the dude's comment when he himself doesn't even know what he's talking about.
I "liked" it because I thought it was a reasonable point. I then found out that it wasn't necessary to understand exactly how it works in order to achieve what you have done here.

@astronautlevel whom I respect as a very knowledgeable, helpful and active member of this community (whose word I trust, almost unreservedly), then confirmed that fact and vouched for you as a competent dev.

I've liked the post this reply addresses because apparently that's important to you, and I appreciate the work you've done.

Reactions: Joel16

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like in lamens terms what does it do, why is it useful, I never play online so I don't get it, hell I don't even understand seeds n stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea