Homebrew [RELEASE] Restored YouTube Support For Wii!

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with Nintendo. Flash has been sunsetting for years and Adobe has now announced it is killing it off. It's insecure and inefficient. This effort would be better aimed at porting HTML5 video to the Wii, not resurrecting a dead/dying video format.
That's the goal :P This is just temporary until html5 support can be added.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work done here, but i don't get a think, sorry for me being a noob but did i have to download every video that i want to watch or it's downloaded to the server and i have to wait some time to watch it?

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work done here, but i don't get a think, sorry for me being a noob but did i have to download every video that i want to watch or it's downloaded to the server and i have to wait some time to watch it?
It's just like normal youtube, just routed through a server. The only difference would be that the loading times would be a little bit longer.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Tarmfot

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to thank the homebrew community for its quick response in restoring Youtube to the Wii. It feels like it was just yesterday when I made that topic about the official support being discontinued. You guys are just awesome for what you do to keep our favorites systems alive well after official support ends. I want to give a giant "THANK YOU!" to everyone in the homebrew community!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]