[RELEASE] Remember11 -The Age of Infinity- PSP English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lycanroc, May 10, 2017.

1. Lycanroc
    OP

Member Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

Serbia
    Just to be clear, I didn't create this patch, I'm just posting it here because not many people know about it, so I thought it'd be nice to share it. Also, make sure to check out @MrComputerRevo's translation port of Ever17.

[​IMG]

Synopsis:

Fuyukawa Kokoro, a third-year sociology major, boards a plane bound for Hokkaido to meet a research subject in the Specified Psychiatric Hospital for Isolation and Aegis, or SPHIA. For unknown reasons, her plane crashes in the mountains in the middle of a snowstorm. Of the 31 passengers, only she, Kusuda Yuni, Yomogi Seiji, and Mayuzumi Lin survive unharmed. Unable to establish communication with the outside world due to the fierce snowstorm, the four decide to take shelter in an empty cabin and wait until the storm passes.

Yukidoh Satoru, a graduate student in the field of quantum physics, falls from the SPHIA clock tower. He later awakens with some memory loss and the realization that someone is out to kill him. Unable to leave the SPHIA facility due to a snowstorm, Satoru's only chance at living is to find that person among the three other residents (or perhaps the hidden culprit) of SPHIA.

Shortly after, Kokoro and Satoru realize that they are somehow exchanging bodies and Yuni appears to be at both of their locations...
    ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

:arrow:
    Download link: GitHub (v1.0-beta)
    Patching instructions:​

1. Extract the ZIP file
    2. Put the Remember11 ISO into the same folder and rename it to Remember11-jap.iso
    3. Start Remember11-patch.bat

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Disclaimer: This is a beta release!
    While the story is fully playable, TIPS may crash the game (if the amount of text is big enough), so save the game before opening them.
    If you find any issues, feel free to submit them on GitHub.

All credits go to dreambottle for porting the translation.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

:arrow:
    VNDB Link: https://vndb.org/v13

Funyarinpa, k7ra, F3NR1S and 8 others like this.
  2. reiyu

Member reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    oh my god. first ever17 now remember11. i love you guys.

Lycanroc likes this.
  3. Lycanroc
    OP

Member Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

Serbia
    Well, this was first actually, but like I said, not many people knew about it haha

reiyu likes this.
  4. reiyu

Member reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    oh snaps! good to know!

5. Pluupy

Member Pluupy Woof!

United States
    This looks pretty neato. After playing Nightshade, Virtue's Last Reward, Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice, and Fire Emblem Fates (fite me; most "scenes" are just text) i'm on a visual novel rampage recently.

It's weird how long the description is. The protagonist descriptions go into so much deep detail about what they're studying. Assuming those are just copy and pastes, of course. For god's sake, just say they're a student. No need to be like

PLUUPY IS A 24-YEAR OLD, FIRST YEAR CRNA NURSING STUDENT ON A PLANE FOR NEW YORK CITY TO VISIT ICHAN MOUNT SINAI AND BEGIN THE RESEARCH OF ANESTHESIA AFTER RECENTLY PASSING THE NCLEX.

I just made this up. I fucking wish. Seriously tho, the character description doesn't need to delve so deeply.

Arubaro likes this.
  6. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Just as a warning for anyone who hates wasting hours of their lives: What exists of Remember11 is great and has a lot of potential, but also has quite possibly the most unsatisfying resolution of any published work I've ever read. I can't say it's worse than something like Zero Time Dilemma, where everything's thrown together half-assedly in an attempt to 'wrap up' earlier plots, but in some ways that might be better.

7. Pedeadstrian

Member Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    And just a warning for anyone reading the above comment: it's his opinion, not a fact. I, for one, loved Remember11 all the way through. I can't discuss the ending without dipping into spoilers, but it definitely fits the vibe of other Infinity/Uchikoshi works. If you love sci-fi, give it a read. And to prove I'm not just being a contrarian, I agree with FireEmblemGuy about ZTD's ending.
    Their majors have major implications in the plot. It makes sense to talk about them.

Last edited by Pedeadstrian, May 11, 2017
    Essometer and Lycanroc like this.
  8. RedoLane

Newcomer RedoLane Member

Israel
    member?
    I member eleven.
    685741_1.jpg

9. Dr. Dew

Member Dr. Dew GBAtemp Regular

Mauritania
    Is there any gameplay in this at all? Do you make choices and affect the story?

10. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    There are dozen of decisions throughout the story, ranging from largely irrelevant to instant game overs. As it's a visual novel, that's the extent of the gameplay, unless you count browsing through the gallery and TIPS menu (though it sounds like the latter is pretty buggy at the moment).

11. Dr. Dew

Member Dr. Dew GBAtemp Regular

Mauritania
    Thanks for the clarification. I have never played a visual novel but I wouldn't mind giving them a try.