Hacking [RELEASE] Regionthree: Region Free loader for 3DS/2DS/xl from 9.0~9.4, Sky3DS Users, regionfree!!

NeoPhythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or do more people have the problem they keep getting an error when using this? Tried multiple games now (including pokemon omega ruby) and it doesnt work on my 3ds

could it be because im on Ofw 4.5.0-6U ? If so, how can i upgrade my fw to one that will work.

skullpanda86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or do more people have the problem they keep getting an error when using this? Tried multiple games now (including pokemon omega ruby) and it doesnt work on my 3ds

could it be because im on Ofw 4.5.0-6U ? If so, how can i upgrade my fw to one that will work.

I can't confirm issues with pokemon,but i know for just about every other japanese game i've tried so far all work (can't confirm wifi,streetpass work)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

yeah if your system FW is on <7.x you would not be able to run 7.x encrypted games, you should update to at least 7.x or use the MT launcher with 7.x+ emunand to just run out of region games and keep sysnand on 4.x

NeoPhythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the reply's

i just upgraded my fw and its working now (yay !)
Id rather be able to play my EU games then to have a useless old 3ds on ofw 4.5 :)

So whoever made this awesome regionthree app (smea?) thanks buddy!

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question:

I am in Japan and thinking about buying a japanese new 3DS LL since it is so much cheaper than the rare these days USA version.

If I buy a sky3DS to use with new 3ds LL, all the rom will have to be in japanese then?

Because on description of region three it says is not compatible with n3ds.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question:

I am in Japan and thinking about buying a japanese new 3DS LL since it is so much cheaper than the rare these days USA version.

If I buy a sky3DS to use with new 3ds LL, all the rom will have to be in japanese then?

Currently, that's true, no region free for N3DS so all roms would have to be in Japanese.

There are some people working on region free for the N3DS though, which is great.

When gateway releases their N3DS support as well they will have region free.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question:

(hey get me one non LL n3DS and some amiibo? xD *runs*)
Well how he already said you can't load an SKy/retail other region game yet , BUT
Isn't possible chaging teh region reader of the rom and playingg on sky yet?
Gateway proved that work on N3DS but not launched it yet and that are having problem with 9.5 support, but SOONthey would launch it, you could play region free retail/sky/ pirate anyway lol

JHL3

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can someone please help me!
I've got 3 Korean 3DS consoles just laying there (I live in NZ and I am dying to play the EU games . . ) and it would be just so awesome if I can get this regionthree to work! Its my understanding that Korean 3DSes use a different browser? which makes the web browser workaround difficult . . . .
Any help or suggestions on getting EU/US games to work on 3DS XL with 9.3.0-17K would be just awesome. Edit: Yes tried the regionthree method, it says error while loading software. (have tried closing browser, different games . . . . . nothing works . . . )

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone please help me!
I've got 3 Korean 3DS consoles just laying there (I live in NZ and I am dying to play the EU games . . ) and it would be just so awesome if I can get this regionthree to work! Its my understanding that Korean 3DSes use a different browser? which makes the web browser workaround difficult . . . .
Any help or suggestions on getting EU/US games to work on 3DS XL with 9.3.0-17K would be just awesome.

I don't know about the beiwser being different, but you could use gateway classic mode to load the games from any region, and soon I we can have region changed emunand, so you will be able to get even legit eshop titles

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
His 9.3 isn't supported by gateway.

Have you tried doing the regionthree thing or not ? I didn't get it from your post...

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i was sleepy and mindlessly browsing around Miiverse when upon my return to the main menu I accidentally agreed to a sudden pop-up that within seconds updated my device to 9.5.0-23 blocking my short-lived cool RegionThree loader once and for all T__T (bought 7 now-useless 3DS games just for this!).. so guys beware and perhaps only turn on the wifi option for as long as to run the game and then back to switching it off..(since for most of the games streetpass,etc don't seem to work anyway).

also R3 wouldn't work unless i cleaned my browser history and cookies before loading a game each and every time so keep that in mind whenever you get an error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What GBA game should I play?