Hacking [RELEASE] PSVGameSD By Motoharu-Gosuto

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not crazy at all. This tool and nonpdrm were very much needed. ALL other dumps before this were improper. Remember, game working doesn't mean it's proper. So a nuke is pretty much a must
He meant NoNpDrm, too. Yeah, I agree about nuking Vitamin/mai, but .psv doesn't even support digital games, yet. NoNpDrm is better for the end user atm.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
While I and many others love this as it's a huge step forward especially compared to the barely working dumps Vitamin/Mai gave us, there are a few problems that I'm seeing preventing this from being adopted.

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer but I do want to propose a solution, how feasible it is depends on how much information there is about the .psv format and the encryption but it would solve many issues people have, a Vita version of UMDGEN or PSVGEN if you want a shit name I thought of, this allows compression without interfering with motoharu's dumper since the goal was 1:1 dumps and the intended goal of the format, it also let's people mod their game without resorting to the cheap method of dumping the files in an update patch and letting it fill up the memory card.

So far these are the 2 issues I see preventing this being adopted as well as it doesn't support digital games and it's a bit cumbersome to use but that will be fixed in time.

I know it does sound a bit stupid but I really want to see this become the standard instead of having games archived through a variety of different formats and needing multiple methods of installing and playing them.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, there's still an old method by Major Tom that we can still use to mod official games. It's buried somewhere on Wololo, but it still works for translations and such.

I think the method you are refering uses the "patch" system: if the game isn't already patched, you can create a folder "ux0:Patch/TITLEID00" and put resources to overwrite here (they must be decrypted). However, if the game is already patched or if you wish to patch "eboot.bin" (for frame buffer resolution for example), you can't use this method.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
He meant NoNpDrm, too. Yeah, I agree about nuking Vitamin/mai, but .psv doesn't even support digital games, yet. NoNpDrm is better for the end user atm.
That's not the issue here.
The issue is that scene releases consists of images dumps. Vitamin and maitools dumps were images. But they were improper.

Nonpdrm are not images, they are:
1- Set of files
2- Have protection stripped off of them.

Therefore, they aren't in a format viable for scene releases.

That being said, I think digital games support is coming to this tool.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I misspoke. I meant packed up in .vpk or whatever format to form an image like file

That's a misunderstanding, though.
Mai dumps were folders. And .vpk files are not images in any way, they are simple .zip files.
They are no different from NoNpDRM, in this regard.

Psvgamesd dumps are images because they don't only rip the content, they produce a dump of the whole card structure, with the consequent increase in size.

Last edited by Burai-ha,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
That's a misunderstanding, though.
Mai dumps were folders. And .vpk files are not images in any way, they are simple .zip files.
They are no different from NoNpDRM, in this regard.

Psvgamesd dumps are images because they don't only rip the content, they produce a dump of the whole card structure, with the consequent increase in size.
I never dealt with the previous dumps so I thought they were all .vpk
With that in mind, the key point in my post is "image like" file.

While I understand what the new dumper is doing, a packed up file gives it an image property for scene releases. PSP ISO files could be opened up with any zip program as well. Wii's vc and Wii ware also got releases cause they could be packed in wads

My point is, nonpdrm files are not in an installable format (regardless if it's a pure image, or in a packed up ones like .vpk).

.. unless you are saying nonpdrm files could be packed in the same manner? In which case, you would have a point. Otherwise, no, it's completely different from old dumps

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never dealt with the previous dumps so I thought they were all .vpk
With that in mind, the key point in my post is "image like" file.

While I understand what the new dumper is doing, a packed up file gives it an image property for scene releases. PSP ISO files could be opened up with any zip program as well. Wii's vc and Wii ware also got releases cause they could be packed in wads

My point is, nonpdrm files are not in an installable format (regardless if it's a pure image, or in a packed up ones like .vpk).

.. unless you are saying nonpdrm files could be packed in the same manner? In which case, you would have a point. Otherwise, no, it's completely different from old dumps

Ruling out maidump, which used folders, you are talking about Vitamin only.

You can install folders by pressing a button in Vitashell, I don't see how this doesn't mean installable. PSP ISO files are different, because the iso format actually possess an image like structure, while .zip files do not contain any additional structure or functionality.
I didn't try, but it could be possible to pack them. It could create problems, but it's possible in theory. Think that you can also do the opposite, converting a .vpk dump to folder-format (maidump).

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ruling out maidump, which used folders, you are talking about Vitamin only.

You can install folders by pressing a button in Vitashell, I don't see how this doesn't mean installable. PSP ISO files are different, because the iso format actually possess an image like structure, while .zip files do not contain any additional structure or functionality.
I didn't try, but it could be possible to pack them. It could create problems, but it's possible in theory. Think that you can also do the opposite, converting a .vpk dump to folder-format (maidump).
You misunderstood. I'm talking about nonpdrm being non-installable, while vitamin was, hence why it was able to get into scene. Not the opposite. They possessed an image like format (even though it didn't have a proper image structure).

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You misunderstood. I'm talking about nonpdrm being non-installable, while vitamin was, hence why it was able to get into scene. Not the opposite. They possessed an image like format (even though it didn't have a proper image structure).

I did understand. And I'm saying that you wrongly consider a folder not installable.
If you want it so badly, though, we could zip the NoNpDrm dumps and voilà, "image like structure".

Last edited by Burai-ha,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I did understand. And I'm saying that you wrongly consider a folder not installable. If you want it so badly, we could zip the NoNpDrm dumps and voilà, "image like structure".
Right, I'm the one who didn't read your sentence properly actually. I apologize.

So, you can install folders? That's news to me? :/
I also don't understand how folders would be installed.

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Right, I'm the one who didn't read your sentence properly actually. I apologize.

So, you can install folders? That's news to me? :/

Maidump lets you install folders. You put the folder on the memory card, then you press install inside the application. This will create the bubble.
NoNpDrm works the same way. You copy the folder to ux0:app, then press a button (refresh livearea) and you have the bubble.

This is no different from copying over a .vpk and pressing a button to install it. Not to say that with folders you have zero waiting times, while .vpk files take a good while to install.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Open a vpk=zip on your PC, extract its contents to an empty folder (I use /vitashell/vpk/..../ but anything works), put SD back in console, point to "...." in vitashell, triangle, extras, install folder, wait maybe 20 seconds, app installed!

Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: