Hacking [Release] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I liked it very much, thanks, it is very good, Im testing still my roms, congrats for your work.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for compiling vpk.

How do you exit game and enter config?

Or is config editing etc?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly 8-bit and early 16-bit stuff. Neo-Geo is a slam-dunk, and CPS2 seems to work fine as well. It can't handle the more unusual and/or demanding hardware, though. I noticed Daraku Tenshi (The Fallen Angels) was in the list of many, many supported games, but pFBA can't handle it for squat, running it at about 10FPS. The designer said that PGM games won't work well either, particularly Demon Front which runs at about 20FPS. Don't expect miracles from the games running on weird, unresearched hardware.

I need to test console games with this emulator. I have no idea how FBA handles ColecoVision games, but they're listed as available!

EDIT: Still haven't played any console games. HOWEVER! I can honestly say that this version of FBA seems to handle games better than RetroArch. Sunset Riders, to name an example, seems to run at full speed or damn close to it.

Currently, my only beef is that you can't play with an analog thumbstick. As a result, my freaking thumb is KILLING me. Is there a way to turn on this option, and if not, will it be available in the future?

Last edited by ArugulaZ,
Reactions: SuperDan

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mostly 8-bit and early 16-bit stuff. Neo-Geo is a slam-dunk, and CPS2 seems to work fine as well. It can't handle the more unusual and/or demanding hardware, though. I noticed Daraku Tenshi (The Fallen Angels) was in the list of many, many supported games, but pFBA can't handle it for squat, running it at about 10FPS. The designer said that PGM games won't work well either, particularly Demon Front which runs at about 20FPS. Don't expect miracles from the games running on weird, unresearched hardware.

I need to test console games with this emulator. I have no idea how FBA handles ColecoVision games, but they're listed as available!

EDIT: Still haven't played any console games. HOWEVER! I can honestly say that this version of FBA seems to handle games better than RetroArch. Sunset Riders, to name an example, seems to run at full speed or damn close to it.

Currently, my only beef is that you can't play with an analog thumbstick. As a result, my freaking thumb is KILLING me. Is there a way to turn on this option, and if not, will it be available in the future?

Hi @ArugulaZ, thanks for the support! What do you mean by the "analog thumbstick" ?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @ArugulaZ, thanks for the support! What do you mean by the "analog thumbstick" ?
He means using the analog joystick for games. Using the dpad on some games is really hard. Especially the vita slim cause the dpad kinda sucks. Trying to do moves on games like street fighter and other classic fighting games half circle and quarter circle moves on the dpad are awkward. Thanks.
Ps nice job on this. It's a great looking emulator.

Reactions: Lord M

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure to understand as joysticks/thumbs are working correctly. You even have a "joystick deadzone" option in the menu.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The left thumbstick doesn't respond to input on either my Vita or my PSTV. I've changed the dead zone but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there something I need to change in the configuration file? Has anyone else who's used this emulator had similar issues?

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The left thumbstick doesn't respond to input on either my Vita or my PSTV. I've changed the dead zone but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there something I need to change in the configuration file? Has anyone else who's used this emulator had similar issues?
You should test with the official build (posted in the official thread), maybe it's the problem ?

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this compare to RetroArch's FB Alpha emulator? What are the benefits of using one system over another to play your 0.175 FBAlpha ROMs?

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How does this compare to RetroArch's FB Alpha emulator? What are the benefits of using one system over another to play your 0.175 FBAlpha ROMs?
Save state works very well, interface friendly, others games working and others.
Try it!!!!

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Metal Slug 5
Booted more fast than RA
c6c504b2208146d30cc1da41d46fc2e0.jpg

Last edited by pauloedsonjk,