Hacking [Release] PBT-CFW - Import CIAs on your SYSNAND

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't give up. If you installed it on emunand you can do it in sysnand. there is nothing different.

Lunching the browser can help on some FW, but freezes the system on others.

Best thing you can do is to launch the CFW with the wifi on, than when you are on CFW don't do anything since the internet bar is green, than launch the installer on your pc. The only risk is that if you wait too long you can download a FW update and get that ugly update warning. Backup you sysnand so you can inject back the old fw with gateway tools if you need (or you can simply format it to remove the update warning)

You can also monitor the wifi connection with Wireless network Watcher, but this has some latency on showing your connection.

Don't try to run the run.bat file if the wifi is connecting. This will usually crash the system, so if you blindly try to run it you'll only waste a lot of time rebooting again and again your 3ds and the PBT-CFW (that has a high rate of failure).

Keep calm, keep trying and you'll do it.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know this too, as it would mean DSiware on N3DS.

No, it doesn't work on N3DS. Palantine's CFW hasn't ever been updated, and the best efforts to reverse engineer it have lead to this CFW, and dual-emuNAND.
You can install DSiWare with that eShop spoof.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No, it doesn't work on N3DS. Palantine's CFW hasn't ever been updated, and the best efforts to reverse engineer it have lead to this CFW, and dual-emuNAND.
You can install DSiWare with that eShop spoof.

that means you need to buy it, i don't think this is their plan ;)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But... DSiWare doesn't even work with PBT... I've just used it to install dsiware I already had, because tickets 'n stuff.
why are you telling me it can't when it can? you can use pirated dsiware with pbt

it would have been better if you didn't sound so sure of yourself :)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
why are you telling me it can't when it can? you can use pirated dsiware with pbt

it would have been better if you didn't sound so sure of yourself :)

Oh, wow. I didn't know. Only ways I've tried to play DSiWare are Palantine's CFW, MT's emuNAND and rxTools. None worked.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh, wow. I didn't know. Only ways I've tried to play DSiWare are Palantine's CFW, MT's emuNAND and rxTools. None worked.

hey no problem :)
it is a shame no other solutions can play dsiware stuff, and this requires 4.5, but still, it is better than nothing! :)

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
''All the other instruction related to Palantine CFW are still valid for this CFW (create the .db file, press L, install a CIA manager, and so on ...).''
is the process of installing a cia installer exactly the same, even without emunand? i can't get it to install for the life of me, it always fails to connect

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
''All the other instruction related to Palantine CFW are still valid for this CFW (create the .db file, press L, install a CIA manager, and so on ...).''
is the process of installing a cia installer exactly the same, even without emunand? i can't get it to install for the life of me, it always fails to connect

Yes, exactly the same. After you have the DS profile exploit set up, try running it, your top screen should be blue, the bottom screen should flash white, then black.
Hold L while running it to boot it in network install mode. nothing visual changes to indicate it's in network install mode.
Once it kicks you to the home menu after the white/black flash, let go of L. Continuing to hold it can make the cfw send you back to normal sysnand. At least I think that's what happened.
Once you're on the cfw home menu (again, no visual cues), just keep trying to send the cia from the PC. Mine took a minute or two to start accepting CIAs over the network.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, exactly the same. After you have the DS profile exploit set up, try running it, your top screen should be blue, the bottom screen should flash white, then black.
Hold L while running it to boot it in network install mode. nothing visual changes to indicate it's in network install mode.
Once it kicks you to the home menu after the white/black flash, let go of L. Continuing to hold it can make the cfw send you back to normal sysnand. At least I think that's what happened.
Once you're on the cfw home menu (again, no visual cues), just keep trying to send the cia from the PC. Mine took a minute or two to start accepting CIAs over the network.

Followed that to the letter and did quite alot of attempts, guess something is wrong with my network?
I have the firewall down and all, thanks anyway :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i have 2 cats, the older one hates the younger one
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    sounds like normal sibilings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hate @BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we planned on only having 1 cat, but my mom found the younger one as a kitten in our hay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hate the conspiracy theorist rabbit man (not saying his name, because again, speak of the devil, and he shall appear)
    bunny man go brr
    what's the conspiracy?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    quite a few i believe
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm going to bed now, see yall tomorrow
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9/11 is a religion
    +1
    I might head to bed too, i've been awake for too long now
    that message goes crazy
    the attack on pearl harbor was a myth
    alright, I'll take my leave
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty Night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Are you a alcoholic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maaaaybe. And it would be An Alcoholic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would be many alcoholics
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I almost bought a nice rifle/shotgun safe today, but the dumbass selling it lost the key and combination, like how can you advertise selling a safe without a key or combo. Wasted my time going to look at it.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    @K3Nv2, i realy need to get good at bga work, i want to know if that 8gb or ram adds any real benefits.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Seeing someone wearing those black or white gloves while messing with game devices, always bugs me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah just let blood on the device
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    @BigOnYa i just don't wear gloves. they break
    out my eczema.
    +1
    wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist: @BigOnYa i just don't wear gloves. they break out my eczema. +1