Hacking [Release] PBT-CFW - Import CIAs on your SYSNAND

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, so having a 9.2 browser on sysnand 4.5 works? you actually did this on your 4.5 and have the 9.2 browser???

...and about the upgrade, it will definitely work without brick, as long as you update it from a legit/clear/bundle installed cia without actually being in the PBT-CFW exploit...

I haven't done anything of the sort; it's just been stated that browser .cias work when installed.

You could, but the problem with updating in Gateway sysNAND mode/this CFW is that installing CIAs for updates doesn't call a specific function that the 3DS OS needs to have called to update NATIVE_FIRM. Basically, after installing all of the update CIAs, you would have to run another homebrew which calls the function for you, but this entire situation is very risky without a NAND mod, and if anything goes wrong, your 3DS would be permanently bricked if you had no backup and a way to get a mod installed. I have a homebrew written which calls the function required, but I'm rather reluctant to release it, since then we'd be hearing a bunch of reports of people bricking when they don't bother to read the instructions.
Ah, see, things like this are why I ask, especially given that I don't have cash on hand to buy the tools to actually hardmod my system at the moment. Definitely good to know, anyways.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah, see, things like this are why I ask, especially given that I don't have cash on hand to buy the tools to actually hardmod my system at the moment. Definitely good to know, anyways.

A wise decision to ask before doing. Hold off on this idea until you can get a mod installed, or unless you can simply get your hands on a newer copy of Smash Bros since the newer carts are shipping with 9.2.0-0 (then just update in sysNAND via the retail cart).

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for testing only I tried to do a system transfer in this scenerio:

Source: Old 3ds 9.6 Emunand using Rxtools
Target: Old 3ds 9.6 sysnand

The target console is a friends console who just got it and doesn't care of flashcards. My console had 2 legit CIA's for US (super mario 2 and animal crossing). I expected it to transfer over to his system, but it didn't complete. I don't know if it is a fault of rxtools emunand or just emunand to sysnand not working correctly. Guess I will wait again to try.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for testing only I tried to do a system transfer in this scenerio:

Source: Old 3ds 9.6 Emunand using Rxtools
Target: Old 3ds 9.6 sysnand

The target console is a friends console who just got it and doesn't care of flashcards. My console had 2 legit CIA's for US (super mario 2 and animal crossing). I expected it to transfer over to his system, but it didn't complete. I don't know if it is a fault of rxtools emunand or just emunand to sysnand not working correctly. Guess I will wait again to try.

Support for emunand 9.6 hasn't been release from Gw, unless this emunand was created using another method.

ender360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've got Alpha Sapphire working today using PBT-CFW and an emunand of 9.6. Sysnand still on 4.5

I'd love a legit Majora to show up.

hmm how did you do this?point me in the right direction?
so this pbt cfw could be used to bypass 7.x or up games like mh4u, majora and the only requirement is a legit cia and an emunand equal or higher to the said game to run? (i am noob asf)

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I think I fully understand how PBT-works, but just want to make sure.

Since this redirects palentine cfw to the sysNand, if I were to install anything with this tool it would have to be smaller than the 3DS' internal memory? And am I correct that the O3DS has 1GB internal memory? Therefore I could only install legit .cias that take up less than 1GB of room?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my simple question, and thanks to nop90 for this simple but useful edit.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I think I fully understand how PBT-works, but just want to make sure.

Since this redirects palentine cfw to the sysNand, if I were to install anything with this tool it would have to be smaller than the 3DS' internal memory? And am I correct that the O3DS has 1GB internal memory? Therefore I could only install legit .cias that take up less than 1GB of room?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my simple question, and thanks to nop90 for this simple but useful edit.

This simply boots your sysnand with signature checks/etc patched. CIAs will still install to the SD card as normal.

Reactions: Margen67

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have palantine cfw in my 3ds before but this time im getting "failed to connec" error
also after the pbt cfw boots it resets itself after some seconds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr