Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird, I have issue when I pressed the start button, it just crashes, although only happens on cia installed freeshop, but if i run it using the 3dsx version through hbl, it works fine.
Known issue, doesn't seem to be freeshop's fault as paul can't reproduce it.

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
What happens with partial downloads? Anything I need to find and delete or fix?

Was halfway thru a huge file, got called away and held up for hours... came back to a kernel panic screen, battery was down to 0%...

gid25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new 3ds XL installed latest current CFW, etc. Freeshop crashes when trying to exit using home button and throws up an exception error when i try to exit using start button. Definitely a problem with the software as its a clean brand new 3ds xl with latest CFW.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brand new 3ds XL installed latest current CFW, etc. Freeshop crashes when trying to exit using home button and throws up an exception error when i try to exit using start button. Definitely a problem with the software as its a clean brand new 3ds xl with latest CFW.
no kidding? Its a known issue. That and there is the same thing 2 posts above yours on the exact same issue.

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What happens with partial downloads? Anything I need to find and delete or fix?

Was halfway thru a huge file, got called away and held up for hours... came back to a kernel panic screen, battery was down to 0%...
If I remember it correctly, there's no need to worry about partially downloaded files since the system treats them as available blocks anyways.
Don't remember where I heard that from but probably from one of the developers in the scene.

Reactions: senkunmusashi

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
If I remember it correctly, there's no need to worry about partially downloaded files since the system treats them as available blocks anyways.
Don't remember where I heard that from but probably from one of the developers in the scene.

Ah! If the system marks the partially downloaded data as available blocks that's great. I was worried that I'm missing a couple of gigs somewhere. Thanks.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
My questions its answered by myself thanks people the thread its good place for learning and i dont fear for tell something because this world of freeshop its kinda confusing for newcomers i believe

savantist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Guys!

I'm using Freeshop 3.1.8, Luma3DS 8.1.1, b9s 1.3, on my N2DSLL. Lately I cannot download from Freeshop, kept getting data abort error and stackdump, so I have to shutdown. Yesterday and days before everything's normal.

What I've tried to fix it:
0. Uninstall and reinstall Freeshop
1. Using .3dsx version
2. Using different internet provider
3. Downloading different game

But no avail. What seems to be the problem? My microsd is still 33 GB left. Is the problem on the freeshop side? Thank you.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Guys!

I'm using Freeshop 3.1.8, Luma3DS 8.1.1, b9s 1.3, on my N2DSLL. Lately I cannot download from Freeshop, kept getting data abort error and stackdump, so I have to shutdown. Yesterday and days before everything's normal.

1. Using .3dsx version

But no avail. What seems to be the problem? My microsd is still 33 GB left. Is the problem on the freeshop side? Thank you.
Test your SD card for errors https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) and try deleting the freeShop folder in 3ds/data (you'll have to set the URL again).

savantist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Indonesia
Last edited by savantist,

savantist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Guys!

1. Using .3dsx version
4. Reformatting my microsd
5. Reinstalling Luma3DS and b9s.

This is a bug in 3.1.8 for 2DS LL/XL. But strangely it occured after a week usage in my 2DS LL. My friends who used O3DS and N3DS didn't have this issue on 3.1.8. Weird!

I've installed 3.1.7 and turned off auto-update for Freeshop, and it worked fine. :)

Reactions: senkunmusashi

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
This is a bug in 3.1.8 for 2DS LL/XL. But strangely it occured after a week usage in my 2DS LL. My friends who used O3DS and N3DS didn't have this issue on 3.1.8. Weird!

I've installed 3.1.7 and turned off auto-update for Freeshop, and it worked fine. :)

This bug only occurs on the 2DSLL/XL?

Seems pretty major. It's this a known issue? Has it been reported by anyone/anywhere else?

A friend is coming over this weekend and we're gonna put CFW and Freeshop on his Japanese import 2DSLL, glad I read this thread. Would hate for him to rant on me a week later when the bug hits.

airrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys and girls.. Could someone please help me.

I have free e shop 3.1.8 installed on my new 3ds xl. My main issue is that it keeps telling me i have the wrong title key. I have reinstalled the app several times, i have downloaded via qr code the title keys and entered manually and put on sd card. Now and then it will install the odd game then it says wrong title key when it downloads to 100% . Could anyone advise what i may be doing wrong? thank you in advanced

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found a repeatable bug that will always generate an arm11 crash.

Many people block the following domains on their routers to prevent auto-updates/downloads to the Wii and Wii U:

autumn.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
npdl.c.app.nintendowifi.net
npul.c.app.nintendowifi.net
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
pls.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

As a result, Freeshop is able to browse the store, but when you attempt to download something, it's given a 503 error.

Freeshop can't handle the unexpected data and crashes immediately. Every time.

Unblock the domains, and Freeshop works again.

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, he did it on purpose, but the Eshop fork crashed of an oversight in coding.
These kind of bugs get squashed by testing and fixing. Posting a reproducible problem, with perfect steps above is very helpful.
It helps increase product quality :)

I just reproduced & verified it as well, so +1. (Also i'm a professional tester, so forgive my low post count please.)

Problem with being a tester is that many people just view it as nagging, whilst in reality, there is no judgement involved.
Finding something does not automatically mean me or @peepoop are passing judgement.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys and girls.. Could someone please help me.

I have free e shop 3.1.8 installed on my new 3ds xl. My main issue is that it keeps telling me i have the wrong title key. I have reinstalled the app several times, i have downloaded via qr code the title keys and entered manually and put on sd card. Now and then it will install the odd game then it says wrong title key when it downloads to 100% . Could anyone advise what i may be doing wrong? thank you in advanced
put your sd in your pc and delete your title keys then do this
  1. Google search 3DS titlekeys on your computer
  2. Click the QR code button underneath the heading 'enctitlekeys.bin'
  3. Open up freeShop
  4. Tap the cog icon, then the Update tab
  5. Tick the top checkbox on the touch screen
  6. Tap the little QR code button that is near the top checkbox
  7. Scan the QR code that appeared on your computer screen in step 5
  8. Press Start to exit freeShop
  9. Open up freeShop, and it is ready to use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum