Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I noticed a little problem.
When I download Pokémon Red Version (the french edition), the cia crash right after I open it, and make me power-off the console.
When I restore it from the eshop and the Pokémon Red page, after that, the CIA work fine.
So maybe Freesop fail to install it properly.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I download Pokémon Red Version (the french edition), the cia crash right after I open it, and make me power-off the console.
When I restore it from the eshop and the Pokémon Red page, after that, the CIA work fine.
this happened with .cia versions of pkmn red/blue installed via fbi as well (just noticed you said red lol) i dont know why but as i now see that it happens from the freeshop as well i feel bad for giving the cia uploader a hard time (so @Joel16 it has absolutely nothing to do with paul and his skills [or lack of them])

Last edited by wormdood,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this happened with .cia versions of pkmn red/blue installed via fbi as well (just noticed you said red lol) i dont know why but as i now see that it happens from the freeshop as well i feel bad for giving the cia uploader a hard time (so @Joel16 it has absolutely nothing to do with paul and his skills [or lack of them])
It's strange because I also installed Blue Yellow, Gold and Silver (all in french) from Freeshop as well, and they are working fine.
I also had this problem on anorther 3DS.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange because I also installed Blue Yellow, Gold and Silver (all in french) from Freeshop as well, and they are working fine.
I also had this problem on anorther 3DS.
yeah it was with the slight leak of the red/blue games (on that iso site) your solution (eshop repair) is even given in the thread as part of the install process and red/blue are the only games i ever needed to "repair"

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
JXqhp3c.gif

So, does cia not lag?
Nobody answered...

Last edited by k7ra,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I heard of someone else that was having this problem while using the French version of Pokemon Red so my guess is that the game itself is broken and freeShop has nothing to do with it

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Keep the discussions civil and on topic. Insulting or attacking members of this community is not and will not be tolerated. If I have to come into this thread again and see the same people causing grief, there will be suspensions.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, does cia not lag?
Nobody answered...
I think I saw this in there.
The answer is, they shouldn't lag. I've tested CIA installed games on a 16GB class 2 microSD card and didn't get lag from in games. I did get home menu lag, but that was fixed after a few seconds. None of the games lagged, but I obviously only tested a handful games. I say this because SD cards are going to be one of the biggest factors when dealing with CIA installed games.
So it's safe to say that 3DS hardware is prepared to work with a low speed SD card when dealing with games, so basically you shouldn't see any lag*

*High Memory games like Pokemon S/M, Smash, MH, etc. will have framerate drops on the old3DS regardless of CIA, cart, or SD speed.

Last edited by The Catboy,

TizioCaio95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Time for some weird things!
Weird thing no.1: I have an o3ds and a n2dsxl, on the first freeshop worked perfectly without any issues, instead on the n2dsxl the music didn't work and the start button crashed the 2ds. Then i made a system transfer from the o3ds to the n2dsxl and no more freeshop issues, of any kind except for...
Weird things no.2: Previewing the US version of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's minions data aborts the 2ds i haven't tried on the o3ds yet
Here's the crash report

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000011.rar
    707 bytes · Views: 93
D

Deleted User

I have an o3ds and a n2dsxl, on the first freeshop worked perfectly without any issues, instead on the n2dsxl the music didn't work and the start button crashed the 2ds
This is a known bug and looks to have been fixed for the 3.1.8 release.
Previewing the US version of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's minions data aborts the 2ds i haven't tried on the o3ds yet
The game may have been installed with a corruption. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if it fixes.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
you can reload dlc? i dont know how explain this sorry but i give try
1.i used dlcs in valentia and i want download pichforks like the first time you put dlc in freeshop
2.and use this method for exploit ¿its possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2