Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Do you have to have emunand ro install a cia through palatine the network method?

Also you need a emu to do the non network install?
No, just use the Msetforboss.dat to inject FBI straight to sysnand. It only affects the health and safety app so it's little risk.
I assume you then make the emunand with gw, after which FBI will be available for rxtools to use.
If you just want standard 4x mset pasta, skip the previous emunand step.

Buggy and difficult network installs really should be a thing of the past now.

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran rxtools through Web browser on 4.2 ending number is a 9. It ran and I did the fst16 generate thing so I can setup a emunand and inject fbi into that

Now is rxtool installed? If i.power down and run profile exploit is rxtools going to be the program that boots?

Sorry I'm currently don't have.my ds and I want rxtools to be the program that runs when I run the profile exploit.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The smartphone appears to have the tethering option but doesn't appear to even work. I can click the tethering on & the tethering notification pops up but doesn't work. It doesn't have an area to check the SSID after enabling tethering.

Under Wireless & Networks all I see is VPN after clicking on mobile hotspot icon from Home menu. There's nothing there to edit/look at for hotspot. I checked to make sure. Maybe it's not a part of my plan? I don't know outside of calling Verizon. :unsure:

Are there any apps/software to install to the phone that can enable tethering? Tethering seems like my only option left since I can't get the stupid thing to work straight from PC. I can't believe I'm having to go to such extremes to try & get this tutorial done.

Heck, it might not even work anyhow. I just wished that I had went ahead & bought a Gateway. However, if I can't get this to work I'm just going to sale everything to do with our son's 3DS.

Someone will be getting a really good deal if I decide to do that. I'm just frustrated at this & I will be finished with the entire thing. I won't fool with the 3DS hacking anymore if I can't get this to succeed. I hate to be that way but the frustration in getting this to work has taken a toll on me. I've been fooling with this for days. This is nothing like hacking on the standard DS. It's a totally different level & it's certainly the most frustrating. :angry:

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try the app FoxFi (does not need root) or temp root (needs to be done every time you restart the phone) and try a tether app that requires root.

thread with temp root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/zte-z797c-quartz-t2989683

Didn't see this posted. I'll give this a try. Thanks bud!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I'll just go with trying the tethering apps first. I mean I've come this far then no need to go back & start all over with a different process. That's for me but I would suggest others to go with what you have posted if they're starting fresh. The method in this tutorial is just luck with so many things. Thanks!

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently on firmware 4.2 with MSET and PastaCFW installed. I can only run games that are < 4.5 correct? Also, is it possible in the future, to update MSET to 9.2 in order to run games >7.1 (encrypted)? I'm guessing spiderpasta might be able to do that when it is released.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Since Gateway now allows Gateway mode in sysNAND, can't we use Gateway to install FBI/BBM instead of Palantine CFW, then install .cia files with that in Pasta CFW? Or does Pasta CFW use a different encryption on installed titles than Gateway mode (the only possible reason it wouldn't work)? If it DOES work, could someone add instructions to the OP, so that noob Gateway users have an alternate way to install FBI/BBM other than Palantine CFW?

Deep865

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a question my 3ds is currently at version 4.5 and nothing happens when I hold L and press the DS Profile. I followed all previous steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them