Homebrew [Release] Opentyrian for 3ds (using lib SDL 1.2 )

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Released a new cia stable release that can exit to home menu without errors .

No clues yet on the 3dsx problem.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fixed the 3dsx version adding an xml file for target title selection (like retroarch and ScummVM do).

You need the youtube app (or one of the other comon target title supported by retroarch) tu run the 3dsx.

Noe I'm going to update the packages of Meritous and Xrick too.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Kubba : removed the screen for inserting the name of the highscore, now I'm using a const string.

Please try a new highscore and let me know if it's ok, I can't test it.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Released a new cia stable release that can exit to home menu without errors .

No clues yet on the 3dsx problem.
I installed the latest 1.1 version .CIA with the high score fix but when I exit to the home menu it still reboots the system. I have an o3DS with AL9h+Luma 11.3. The bottom screen says warning can't find opentyrian.config or something along those lines in game. Would that have something to do with it?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No ir's unrelared and I'm aware of the problem.

Yoir conf file is misssing because you never changed soneting in the config menu screen.

AgentMcMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OpenTyrian is a port of the DOS shoot-em-up Tyrian. Jason Emery generously gave the OpenTyrian developers a copy of the Tyrian 2.1 source code, which has since been ported from Turbo Pascal to C. The port uses SDL, making it easily cross-platform.

Original game was developed by World Tree Games Productions and published in 1995 by Epic MegaGames.

Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The story is set in 20,031 where you play as Trent Hawkins, a skilled fighter-pilot employed to fight Microsol and save the galaxy.

--------​
3DSX Users: Currently, the 3DSX build needs to utilize a large app installed on your 3ds. If you have used any of the similarly large RetroArch emulators or ScummVM 3ds, you have nothing to worry about. The easiest target to use is the Youtube app, so if you have that installed, you're ready to go.

CIA Users: You will first need a DSP dump on your SD card.
This is a one-time process and is needed for all homebrew CIAs that use DSP audio.

The source code of my port is on my github (https://github.com/nop90/Opentyrian-3ds).
The compiled game (3dsx and CIA format) is released on github (https://github.com/nop90/Opentyrian-3ds/releases).

Credits:
The original source is here: https://bitbucket.org/opentyrian/opentyrian/wiki/Home
This game uses the SDL 1.2 library for 3ds

Changelog

Ver. 1.1 (11 March 2017)
- Removed name input screen for highscores

Ver. 1.0 (05 March 2017)
- Fixed game exiting

Ver. 0.1 (04 March 2017)
- First reelase in 3dsx and CIA format

Installation

In the zip there is a folder with the 3dsx, smdh and the xml (for target title selection) files inside, to be used with a homebrew launcher, and a CIA file to be installed with FBI. All the resources are included in the executable using romfs.

The game creates a OpenTyrian subfolder inside the 3ds folder if doesn't exist. Here will be stored the gamesave.

Commands

-

Known Bugs

-

To Do List

- Enable 2 players network mode (need to port SDL_Net first)

Screenshots
OH SHIT, didn't expect you to actually take my suggestion! Thank you, I'm seeing this late, but I appreciate you following through, can't wait to play this.

Deepdivered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The xml file is missing from the 1.1 zip. I got it from the 1.0 when I tired to exit though it did not go back to homebrew. Loving your stuff!

Kubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya.

I'm not sure if anyone has done this yet, or if there was already a way to access the alternate game modes on the 3DS version, but here's a handy save file that includes the following:

Story Mode: Lord of Game
Story Mode: Impossible
Engage

(all of these have normal difficulty)
Uship
Stormwind
Techno
Weird
Stealth
NortshipZ
Unknown

Just drop this file in your Opentyrian directory.

On a separate note, I've been experiencing random crashes in OpenTyrian here recently. Anyone else getting them after an update or something?

pintcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone,

tried this for the first time and so far it runs and looks magnificent except the exit to the home menu. Any progress on that issue?

flaccidbagel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly wanted to drop by and say thanks for the work on this. Its great being able to play Tyrian on the go. I did want to ask if anyone happened to have the save file that was referenced earlier. I think it'd be great to be able to play the extra modes as well. If not, no big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed